Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16.11.2017, 10:51
Forum Legend
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 3,361
Groaned at 156 Times in 116 Posts
Thanked 4,219 Times in 2,061 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
British Citizens needing emergency documentations while out of the UK

I received following from the British Residents' association. Please note it appears to apply to all British Citizens seeking emergency documents out of the UK regardless of their actual country of residence.

Dear Members,

Please see below an e-mail from the British Embassy in Berne regarding the new online application procedure for Emergency Travel Documents for British Citizens.

"As from 1st November 2017, please do not send British Citizens who need an Emergency Travel Document to the British Embassy/Consulate. We would be grateful if you could tell them that they must apply and pay for their Emergency Travel Document on-line and direct them to the following address:


Those customers who are not British Citizens but who have held another British Nationality passport should also be advised to visit the link above for guidance on steps to take."

You might want to bookmark the URL in your phone/tablet.

Please don't shoot the messenger. Mods, if this is in the wrong place please move it. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permit B expires while out of country! rebellen Permits/visas/government 7 08.08.2016 18:41
Britain proposing to cancel EU Membership - Visas of British Citizens Revoked telandy Permits/visas/government 21 15.12.2014 16:18
Emergency money transfer to the UK Dack Rambo Finance/banking/taxation 1 22.10.2012 14:09
Needing advice on PAYE & N.I. from my Swiss registered company - I reside in the UK future Business & entrepreneur 7 05.10.2011 13:04
Emergency/out-of-hours vet number - make sure you know it maudthecat Pet corner 5 17.07.2011 17:37

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0