English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices? (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/288449-did-swiss-post-cut-parcel-delivery-prices.html)

marton 04.12.2018 23:06

Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
For years the delivery price for parcels up to 2Kg was CHF 9 APost and CHF 7 BPost.

But the last few times I posted parcels the prices were CHF 8 and 6 respectively.

When I check the Swiss Post web site here the prices are still 7 & 9?

grumpygrapefruit 04.12.2018 23:09

Re: Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 3019961)
For years the delivery price for parcels up to 2Kg was CHF 9 APost and CHF 7 BPost.

But the last few times I posted parcels the prices were CHF 8 and 6 respectively.

When I check the Swiss Post web site here the prices are still 7 & 9?

I sent a few parcels today by A Post and noticed afterwards that the lightest one (under 1Kg) was only 8 instead of 9, so I guess they have. I'll ask tomorrow when I'm back at the Post what's happened

marton 04.12.2018 23:14

Re: Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpygrapefruit (Post 3019963)
I sent a few parcels today by A Post and noticed afterwards that the lightest one (under 1Kg) was only 8 instead of 9, so I guess they have. I'll ask tomorrow when I'm back at the Post what's happened

I did ask but their reply was something like; the computer prints the prices :confused:

meloncollie 04.12.2018 23:19

Re: Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
According to the nice lady at my local post office, they are having a sort of holiday special on packages during December, CHF 1 off the usual price.

Something to smile about on an otherwise grey and rainy day...

marton 04.12.2018 23:34

Re: Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by meloncollie (Post 3019968)
According to the nice lady at my local post office, they are having a sort of holiday special on packages during December, CHF 1 off the usual price.

Something to smile about on an otherwise grey and rainy day...

Ah, I found
Quote:

the Christmas [CHF 1] discount applies to all private customer parcels within Switzerland and lasts for a whole month: from 26 November up to and including 24 December 2018.

curley 05.12.2018 01:47

Re: Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
Quote:

the Christmas [CHF 1] discount applies to all private customer parcels within Switzerland and lasts for a whole month: from 26 November up to and including 24 December 2018.
Ah, grumpy, don't ask tomorrow then - just keep looking private ;)

grumpygrapefruit 05.12.2018 08:30

Re: Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by curley (Post 3019992)
Ah, grumpy, don't ask tomorrow then - just keep looking private ;)

But all the staff at the Post know that I'm commercial (and my parcels have my company sticker on). Maybe they just like me!

omtatsat 05.12.2018 08:43

Re: Did Swiss Post cut parcel delivery prices?
 
no. 8 and 6 on their site

https://apps.post.ch/vsc/#/?country=...de&service=vsc


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0