Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:12
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: swiss outback
Posts: 18
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
ogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around here
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

All right, one serious answer so far, 14 stupid ones.
Let me thank you all. And just hope this shit never happens to you.
Tschüs
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:35
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 574
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 922 Times in 388 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Call your insurance, let them sort out the scratch. Nobody got hurt, so no point making a song and dance about it.

But seriously though, one lesson of driving anywhere is: Don't argue with a person driving a car worth less than a bicycle.
They often have actively taken the decision to utilise such a vehicle in the knowledge that bumps, scrapes, parking damage and careless driving will not materially impact the cost of their "car".
Bonus points for renault twingo drivers.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ato for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:39
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: swiss outback
Posts: 18
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
ogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around here
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
Call your insurance, let them sort out the scratch. Nobody got hurt, so no point making a song and dance about it.

But seriously though, one lesson of driving anywhere is: Don't argue with a person driving a car worth less than a bicycle.
They often have actively taken the decision to utilise such a vehicle in the knowledge that bumps, scrapes, parking damage and careless driving will not materially impact the cost of their "car".
Bonus points for renault twingo drivers.
My question is more about what you would have done THERE? A moment after this happens? Try to stop the guy? Try to call police? Try asking someone to be a witness? Any other suggestions? Of course I understand about calling insurance etc.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
My question is more about what you would have done THERE? A moment after this happens? Try to stop the guy? Try to call police? Try asking someone to be a witness? Any other suggestions? Of course I understand about calling insurance etc.
What's the point in worrying about something you can't change now anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:41
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,345
Groaned at 263 Times in 199 Posts
Thanked 16,205 Times in 5,697 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
My question is more about what you would have done THERE? A moment after this happens? Try to stop the guy? Try to call police? Try asking someone to be a witness? Any other suggestions? Of course I understand about calling insurance etc.

Realistically, everyone would probably have done the same as you, except for posting it on the internet.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:42
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: swiss outback
Posts: 18
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
ogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around here
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
What's the point in worrying about something you can't change now anyway?
The point is simple: this can happen again. I want to be prepared.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:43
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: swiss outback
Posts: 18
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
ogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around here
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
Realistically, everyone would probably have done the same as you, except for posting it on the internet.
What's wrong about posting it on internet?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,345
Groaned at 263 Times in 199 Posts
Thanked 16,205 Times in 5,697 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
What's wrong about posting it on internet?

It makes you look like an idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
My question is more about what you would have done THERE? A moment after this happens? Try to stop the guy? Try to call police? Try asking someone to be a witness? Any other suggestions? Of course I understand about calling insurance etc.
Everyone seems to be filming this kind of thing on their phone these days.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 08.03.2019, 15:52
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
The point is simple: this can happen again. I want to be prepared.

Grow some balls black or white, makes no difference
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:00
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 13,432
Groaned at 269 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 16,246 Times in 6,902 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
The point is simple: this can happen again. I want to be prepared.
move the trolley out of the way next time.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,234
Groaned at 267 Times in 229 Posts
Thanked 9,347 Times in 4,928 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
All right, one serious answer so far, 14 stupid ones.
Let me thank you all. And just hope this shit never happens to you.
Tschüs
Ok, here's another one:
Stop being a dick and move your trolley to the other side of the car next time.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:20
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
I knew that Switzerland was home to the largest population of international wankers, just didn't know all of them post on this forum
You must be new round here!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:20
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: swiss outback
Posts: 18
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
ogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around hereogurci has annoyed a few people around here
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

You know what? You guys really are idiots. I could have easily given that pensioner twat trying to run me over a punch that would have put him on the ground. I have done so in another incident on the other side of the globe, no problem. I wanted to hear about experience of handling aggressive behaviour in CIVILISED European way (The English were civilised, I thought?). There is no doubt in my mind that all these people who tell me to grow balls would run shitless when facing me in a situation like this. Goodbye, don't bother to exercise your moronic wit on me anymore.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank ogurci for this useful post:
This user groans at ogurci for this post:
  #35  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
You know what? You guys really are idiots. I could have easily given that pensioner twat trying to run me over a punch that would have put him on the ground. I have done so in another incident on the other side of the globe, no problem. I wanted to hear about experience of handling aggressive behaviour in CIVILISED European way (The English were civilised, I thought?). There is no doubt in my mind that all these people who tell me to grow balls would run shitless when facing me in a situation like this. Goodbye, don't bother to exercise your moronic wit on me anymore.
I think we've found twentea/Wall-E's third account, chaps!
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,624
Groaned at 215 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 5,191 Times in 2,371 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, I figured he didn't mind adding a scratch to his car. But there was a serious risk of hurting me. It's amazing he didn't care about this at all. He must have had a shit job for 40 years at that car factory, I can't imagine what else can you make you that aggressive at the age of 60.
You probably just looked like "white trash" to him, so what do you expect?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:34
RufusB's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: In my head. And UK. Ex-Basel.
Posts: 4,069
Groaned at 74 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 7,627 Times in 3,062 Posts
RufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
You know what? You guys really are idiots. I could have easily given that pensioner twat trying to run me over a punch that would have put him on the ground. I have done so in another incident on the other side of the globe, no problem. I wanted to hear about experience of handling aggressive behaviour in CIVILISED European way (The English were civilised, I thought?). There is no doubt in my mind that all these people who tell me to grow balls would run shitless when facing me in a situation like this. Goodbye, don't bother to exercise your moronic wit on me anymore.
This is an Englishspeaking forum. Not everyone is English.

It's 3.30 in the U.K. All the Brits will be taking afternoon tea in the restaurant car with Charters and Caldicott.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank RufusB for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:39
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 9,260
Groaned at 121 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
My question is more about what you would have done THERE?
No you didn't. You just wanted to have a rant about it. It doesn't really matter what any of us would have done, it's too late now.
I'm just curious, how do you know he was a retired car factory worker (irrespective of his lieu d'origine)?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank PaddyG for this useful post:
  #39  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:41
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,624
Groaned at 215 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 5,191 Times in 2,371 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
I knew that Switzerland was home to the largest population of international wankers, just didn't know all of them post on this forum
Just to justify again why I've just red-blobbed (as well as blocked) you: Your problem was the "white trash" comment. Disgusting.

Your problem, not ours.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 08.03.2019, 16:47
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 28,113
Groaned at 1,870 Times in 1,426 Posts
Thanked 33,054 Times in 15,790 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would you do in situation like this?

Quote:
View Post
No it doesn't. Your answers make you ME look like a bitter loser
FTFY.

Loser.

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you were paid 120k to do any job you like, what would you choose? Phil_MCR General off-topic 49 04.06.2014 14:59
So, how would you have handled this situation? Vlh22 Daily life 129 27.11.2012 20:12
What is the worst thing you would like to do? PlantHead General off-topic 82 15.03.2010 17:03
What would you like to say for this 5 years old with 6 pack abs sanju4u General off-topic 3 28.10.2009 09:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0