Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07.10.2019, 15:37
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Denges
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
KKNakka has no particular reputation at present
Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Hello all,

I'm expecting a consignment from an online store. The swiss post tracking shows -

7 October, 10:13: Delivered to the mailbox/letterbox 1310 Daillens Base de distribution
4 October 2019, 19:32: Sorted for delivery 1310 Daillens Centre Colis
4th October, 13:49: Consignment recorded by the sender (data delivered)

However, the provided delivery address is 1026 Denges, Vaud.

Delivered to mailbox 1310 Daillens distribution doesn't make much sense to me. Can someone clarify if the delivered to mailbox means it actually delivered to the final address or it just passed through the sorting facility correctly at Daillens?

Last edited by KKNakka; 07.10.2019 at 18:08.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07.10.2019, 15:41
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zuriwest
Posts: 6,018
Groaned at 37 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 15,490 Times in 4,071 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
Hello all,

I'm expecting a consignment from an online store. The swiss post tracking shows -

7 October, 10:13: Delivered to the mailbox/letterbox 1310 Daillens Base de distribution
4 October 2019, 19:32: Sorted for delivery 1310 Daillens Centre Colis
4th October, 13:49: Consignment recorded by the sender (data delivered)

However, the provided delivery address is 1026 Denges, Vaud.

Delivered to mailbox 1310 Daillens distribution doesn't make much sense to me. Can someone clarify if the delivered to mailbox means it actually delivered to the final address or it just passed through the sorting facility correctly at Daillens?
4 October 2019, 19:32: Sorted for delivery 1310 Daillens Centre Colis

That's the Post office distribution place, not the final delivery address,
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 07.10.2019, 15:43
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Denges
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
KKNakka has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

yeah I get that. But what I should I infer from

7 October, 10:13: Delivered to the mailbox/letterbox 1310 Daillens Base de distribution

Is it completed the delivery or still midway or sorting facility
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:05
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Leimbach, Zürich
Posts: 5,886
Groaned at 332 Times in 265 Posts
Thanked 6,615 Times in 3,325 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
yeah I get that. But what I should I infer from

7 October, 10:13: Delivered to the mailbox/letterbox 1310 Daillens Base de distribution

Is it completed the delivery or still midway or sorting facility
Your package is brought to the Daillens distribution center.

No more, no less.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:15
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 10,506
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 15,958 Times in 7,067 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

I would say it was delivered to your mailbox by the lovely people working a the distribution canter at Daillens.

Go and check the your mailbox.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:24
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 9,460
Groaned at 135 Times in 114 Posts
Thanked 10,119 Times in 5,389 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
yeah I get that. But what I should I infer from

7 October, 10:13: Delivered to the mailbox/letterbox 1310 Daillens Base de distribution

Is it completed the delivery or still midway or sorting facility
Base de distribution = Verteilzentrum = center of distribution, which is the place from where the mailman will load it into his van.

The next thing you will read is when they plan to drop it in your mailbox, then that it's on it's way to be delivered (it's in the van, yayyyy!) and the last message will be "delivered". That is the only one you need to worry about - unless it actually IS in your mailbox.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:30
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Denges
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
KKNakka has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Hello all,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Unfortunately, I didnt find the parcel in my letterbox. I checked it after 3 hours of the delivery time.

Maybe a case of theft perhaps.

Thanks
Krishna
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:43
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 9,460
Groaned at 135 Times in 114 Posts
Thanked 10,119 Times in 5,389 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
Hello all,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Unfortunately, I didnt find the parcel in my letterbox. I checked it after 3 hours of the delivery time.

Maybe a case of theft perhaps.

Thanks
Krishna
You bloody well can't find it in your letter box as it's only arrived at the delivery-center by now - at 10.13h to be precise. The earliest the postman actually picks it up and drives it to you is tomorrow morning!

You're a troll? If so get a subject which is more fun.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
The following 3 users groan at curley for this post:
  #9  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:43
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 13,594
Groaned at 427 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 18,644 Times in 7,785 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
Hello all,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Unfortunately, I didnt find the parcel in my letterbox. I checked it after 3 hours of the delivery time.

Maybe a case of theft perhaps.

Thanks
Krishna
You won't find one. It hasn't been delivered yet.

When it has, you'll see the following in your parcel tracking:


09:31 Delivered:
xxxx Your address.

The message that precedes this indicates that it was delivered to the local sorting office and put in the correct box for the postman to pick it up and put it in their can or electric moped thing.
The wording is confusing!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:45
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 13,594
Groaned at 427 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 18,644 Times in 7,785 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
You bloody well can't find it in your letter box as it's only arrived at the delivery-center by now - at 10.13h to be precise. The earliest the postman actually picks it up and drives it to you is tomorrow morning!

You're a troll? If so get a subject which is more fun.
She was responding to SwissInUS's post which stated:

Quote:
View Post
I would say it was delivered to your mailbox by the lovely people working a the distribution canter at Daillens.

Go and check the your mailbox.
Perhaps instead of insulting the OP, should have explained to aSwissInTheUS that it was he/she who had made the error.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07.10.2019, 16:58
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 10,506
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 15,958 Times in 7,067 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Take it easy guys and gals.

I just relied on the information and explanation given by La Poste itself.

Delivered to the mailbox/letterbox --> The item was placed in the recipient’s letterbox (mail compartment).
or in German:
Zustellung im Ablagefach/Briefkasten --> Die Sendung wurde dem Empfänger ins Ablagefach (Milchkasten) zugestellt.

https://www.post.ch/en/sending-parce...gnments-events
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:01
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Denges
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
KKNakka has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
You won't find one. It hasn't been delivered yet.

When it has, you'll see the following in your parcel tracking:


09:31 Delivered:
xxxx Your address.

The message that precedes this indicates that it was delivered to the local sorting office and put in the correct box for the postman to pick it up and put it in their can or electric moped thing.
The wording is confusing!
Thank you. "09:31 delivered. My address" is intuitive. I hope that the parcel would reach my place soon.

Few others suggested, the pickup van started from 1306 Dailens center before dropping at my letterbox at 10:13. A few things that don't add up is, Dailens is 21Kms away from my home and its one among 3 sorting centers in Switzerland. Why would they deliver themselves overriding my local post office completely?

I will visit the post office in the morning tomorrow and share my experience soon.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:06
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 91
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 67 Times in 42 Posts
hans1 has become a little unpopular
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

You'll be fine! My own experience with Daillens is that 50% of the packages that run through there gets a little delayed for some reason (I send many parcels out). But eventually you will get your stuff, Swisspost is really one of the most reliable mail services out in my opinion . Now, don't get me started on Chronopost France for example..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:09
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 13,594
Groaned at 427 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 18,644 Times in 7,785 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post

Few others suggested, the pickup van started from 1306 Dailens center before dropping at my letterbox at 10:13. A few things that don't add up is, Dailens is 21Kms away from my home and its one among 3 sorting centers in Switzerland. Why would they deliver themselves overriding my local post office completely?
No idea - sharing the load amongst sorting centres, size of the sorting center etc? My parcels get delivered from a sorting office that definitely isn't the nearest one!

I wouldn't worry about that.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:12
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 7,984
Groaned at 480 Times in 400 Posts
Thanked 13,968 Times in 5,553 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

??? OP you've been told what it means? so why the 20 questions after???

Its at the delivery center, you don't need to go there or to the post office or do anything except wait, its really not that difficult to understand.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:23
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 10,506
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 15,958 Times in 7,067 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
Why would they deliver themselves overriding my local post office completely?
Only letters are delivered by the friendly postal worker from your local post office. Parcels are delivered independently from the letters and from other places.

Although, Daillens is a one of the big three parcel centers, it is also one of the many smaller parcel logistics center from which parcels are delivered to the costumer.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:25
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 9,460
Groaned at 135 Times in 114 Posts
Thanked 10,119 Times in 5,389 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
Thank you. "09:31 delivered. My address" is intuitive. I hope that the parcel would reach my place soon.

Few others suggested, the pickup van started from 1306 Dailens center before dropping at my letterbox at 10:13. A few things that don't add up is, Dailens is 21Kms away from my home and its one among 3 sorting centers in Switzerland. Why would they deliver themselves overriding my local post office completely?

I will visit the post office in the morning tomorrow and share my experience soon.
It's the system. A parcel from Zurich to me will first be delivered (by a huge truck amongst tons of other parcels) to Frauenfeld. From there the postman will drive it half way back to me in his van and drop it in my mailbox the next time.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:33
Today only's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 7,884
Groaned at 874 Times in 593 Posts
Thanked 9,834 Times in 4,670 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
??? OP you've been told what it means? so why the 20 questions after???

Its at the delivery center, you don't need to go there or to the post office or do anything except wait, its really not that difficult to understand.



....evidently it is
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,208
Groaned at 244 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,311 Times in 5,328 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
Why would they deliver themselves overriding my local post office completely?
This is an exception. I would definitely complain about that.

The general process is as follows:
1. The postman empties the box in the evening
2. He brings the post to the local post office
3. An army of post-elves take care of the mail. They take a letter, fly it directly to the destination and return for the next letter.

Note that mail is sometimes delayed when the post-elves have to deliver many transatlantic letters.

Note also that the post is trying to optimize step 3 by asking the elves to take a letter on their return to the post office too. Currently, there are negotiations going on with the elves union but it doesn't look hopeful. You can read more about it on The Local.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 07.10.2019, 17:41
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 9,460
Groaned at 135 Times in 114 Posts
Thanked 10,119 Times in 5,389 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisspost - parcel tracking not clear

Quote:
View Post
This is an exception. I would definitely complain about that.

The general process is as follows:
1. The postman empties the box in the evening
2. He brings the post to the local post office
3. An army of post-elves take care of the mail. They take a letter, fly it directly to the destination and return for the next letter.

Note that mail is sometimes delayed when the post-elves have to deliver many transatlantic letters.

Note also that the post is trying to optimize step 3 by asking the elves to take a letter on their return to the post office too. Currently, there are negotiations going on with the elves union but it doesn't look hopeful. You can read more about it on The Local.
Sorry to shatter the romance - it's carrier pigeons, not elves.
Pigeon droppings on the mailbox indicate there is a delivery. You should clean it off immediately if you get lots of slow-mail, otherwise it might just be yesterday's news.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
swisspost




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Magic of SwissPost.. John_H Daily life 12 03.01.2019 09:48
Swisspost abroad? monika47 Other/general 2 08.08.2018 01:57
Deliberately not taking receipt of a parcel mek Other/general 51 20.08.2015 08:26
Swisspost PostPac International Moschops Leaving Switzerland 3 29.06.2015 13:27
Parcel Tracking from Overseas Hugo Skeeter Daily life 9 25.07.2010 19:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0