Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27.12.2019, 23:27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: switzerland
Posts: 55
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 13 Posts
kugwe has no particular reputation at present
Summon from polizie [online drug import]

Dear All,

I got the letter from local police station stating - criminal offence to import narcotic drug and asked me to present against interviewer.

just o give background -

1. only once till date i ordered from online pharmacy for zopiclone which was prescribed by my doctor. given its not covered under my insurance , i ordered something for cheap over net which looks like hanging around me.

Kindly advise how to come out of this situation given i hardly ordered 30 tabs just for my personal use.

pls note the order itself not reached me. looks like customs hold it back.

pls advise. just ordering few tablets is not criminal offence.

awaiting your response.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27.12.2019, 23:54
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,663
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,488 Times in 7,487 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
Dear All,

I got the letter from local police station stating - criminal offence to import narcotic drug and asked me to present against interviewer.

just o give background -

1. only once till date i ordered from online pharmacy for zopiclone which was prescribed by my doctor. given its not covered under my insurance , i ordered something for cheap over net which looks like hanging around me.

Kindly advise how to come out of this situation given i hardly ordered 30 tabs just for my personal use.

pls note the order itself not reached me. looks like customs hold it back.

pls advise. just ordering few tablets is not criminal offence.

awaiting your response.
If you have a prescription from your doctor, take it along to the interview. If you have a copy of the order (small amount) take that along too.

It will not change the offense but it will show you were not gonna sell them.
Reply With Quote
The following 10 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 28.12.2019, 09:03
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 5,743
Groaned at 95 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 6,302 Times in 2,886 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
Dear All,

I got the letter from local police station stating - criminal offence to import narcotic drug and asked me to present against interviewer.

just o give background -

1. only once till date i ordered from online pharmacy for zopiclone which was prescribed by my doctor. given its not covered under my insurance , i ordered something for cheap over net which looks like hanging around me.

Kindly advise how to come out of this situation given i hardly ordered 30 tabs just for my personal use.

pls note the order itself not reached me. looks like customs hold it back.

pls advise. just ordering few tablets is not criminal offence.

awaiting your response.
Why would you order online just to save some money. You have no idea if they will send you the real drug. It could be anything. So dangerous!
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 28.12.2019, 09:14
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 13,265
Groaned at 216 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 19,344 Times in 7,874 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
just ordering few tablets is not criminal offence.
Best tell the police that then.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 28.12.2019, 09:31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
Why would you order online just to save some money. You have no idea if they will send you the real drug. It could be anything. So dangerous!
There are loads of trustworthy online pharmacies across Europe. And prices can vary massively for valid economic reasons, not simply as a result of fake products.

If the OP had said he'd ordered from some unknown source in Russia, or Mexico, wherever (no relevance to examples) then you may have had a point, but there's no reason to assume that.

Edit: then again, I guess that the use of terms like "Narcotic" and the fact that this was for prescription meds might imply a less reliable source...
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 28.12.2019, 09:51
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,271
Groaned at 1,188 Times in 788 Posts
Thanked 19,165 Times in 7,429 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
Dear All,

I got the letter from local police station stating - criminal offence to import narcotic drug and asked me to present against interviewer.

just o give background -

1. only once till date i ordered from online pharmacy for zopiclone which was prescribed by my doctor. given its not covered under my insurance , i ordered something for cheap over net which looks like hanging around me.

Kindly advise how to come out of this situation given i hardly ordered 30 tabs just for my personal use.

pls note the order itself not reached me. looks like customs hold it back.

pls advise. just ordering few tablets is not criminal offence.

awaiting your response.
Which online pharmacy did you order from, do you have a link? Without that information it is really hard to judge how potentially stupid you have been.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 28.12.2019, 11:43
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 13,265
Groaned at 216 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 19,344 Times in 7,874 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Zopiclone is a Liste B drug. 30 tables cost about sixteen francs from Swiss online pharmacies. It doesn't look like it's a narcotic though. Perhaps they sent diamorphine by accident?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 28.12.2019, 12:04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zug
Posts: 315
Groaned at 56 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 244 Times in 111 Posts
mike_n has earned the respect of manymike_n has earned the respect of manymike_n has earned the respect of many
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
Why would you order online just to save some money. You have no idea if they will send you the real drug. It could be anything. So dangerous!
By ordering online, you cut the middleman - in this case the pharmacy. The price difference is huge, up to 10 times or more. So, it makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28.12.2019, 12:05
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,271
Groaned at 1,188 Times in 788 Posts
Thanked 19,165 Times in 7,429 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
By ordering online, you cut the middleman - in this case the pharmacy. The price difference is huge, up to 10 times or more. So, it makes sense.
Yeah, depending where you order it from and what they actually send you... there are a lot of dodgy unlicensed online pharmacy stores out there waiting for mugs to buy from them.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 28.12.2019, 14:21
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Summon from polizie [online drug import]

Quote:
View Post
Dear All,

I got the letter from local police station stating - criminal offence to import narcotic drug and asked me to present against interviewer.

just o give background -

1. only once till date i ordered from online pharmacy for zopiclone which was prescribed by my doctor. given its not covered under my insurance , i ordered something for cheap over net which looks like hanging around me.

Kindly advise how to come out of this situation given i hardly ordered 30 tabs just for my personal use.

pls note the order itself not reached me. looks like customs hold it back.

pls advise. just ordering few tablets is not criminal offence.

awaiting your response.
From where did you order these? This could be serious!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 28.12.2019, 14:43
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,020
Groaned at 116 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 10,790 Times in 4,748 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie [online drug import]

Quote:
View Post
pls note the order itself not reached me. looks like customs hold it back.

pls advise. just ordering few tablets is not criminal offence.

awaiting your response.
You need to speak to your doctor about the predicament that you find yourself in, and perhaps, get them to write a letter for you.

The drug you've tried to import has other uses of a criminal nature, so you need to be aware of that and get your doctor on your side.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 28.12.2019, 14:50
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,594
Groaned at 473 Times in 406 Posts
Thanked 19,424 Times in 10,254 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
There are loads of trustworthy online pharmacies across Europe. And prices can vary massively for valid economic reasons, not simply as a result of fake products.

If the OP had said he'd ordered from some unknown source in Russia, or Mexico, wherever (no relevance to examples) then you may have had a point, but there's no reason to assume that.

Edit: then again, I guess that the use of terms like "Narcotic" and the fact that this was for prescription meds might imply a less reliable source...
AAMOF, the Netherlands has a Govt. scheme for registering online pharmacies so they are quite safe, if registered. There is a Govt. site where you can check.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 28.12.2019, 16:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 8,969
Groaned at 472 Times in 353 Posts
Thanked 11,931 Times in 6,205 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie [online drug import]

Quote:
View Post
You need to speak to your doctor about the predicament that you find yourself in, and perhaps, get them to write a letter for you.

The drug you've tried to import has other uses of a criminal nature, so you need to be aware of that and get your doctor on your side.
This.

Though I'd call the police first. If the drug requires a doc's prescription in CH (I think this one does) OP may be able to resolve the issue just by presenting it to the police.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 28.12.2019, 16:47
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,019
Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,319 Times in 11,548 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie [online drug import]

Quote:
View Post
This.

Though I'd call the police first. If the drug requires a doc's prescription in CH (I think this one does) OP may be able to resolve the issue just by presenting it to the police.
That was my first thought, however there is a possibility of being guilty of something & you are basically admitting it.

Other option is not answer any questions until you know the police evidence, it's up to the Police to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt, unless the OP admits it it's not easy for them to prove. It's certainly not unknown for someone to order something like this as revenge.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 28.12.2019, 17:27
me.anon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: thun
Posts: 2,155
Groaned at 47 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,380 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie [online drug import]

Quote:
View Post
That was my first thought, however there is a possibility of being guilty of something & you are basically admitting it.

Other option is not answer any questions until you know the police evidence, it's up to the Police to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt, unless the OP admits it it's not easy for them to prove. It's certainly not unknown for someone to order something like this as revenge.
I'm not sure that is a useful strategy in this case. Presumably the police consider they have prima facie evidence of a crime and the OP will be expected to cooperate to demonstrate his innocence or introduce mitigating factors, i.e. that his doctor prescribed the drug. The OP will have used a credit card or Paypal etc. and, if he chooses to stonewall, may find himself in custody pending a check of these accounts, which will then furnish more evidence of his complicity (or at least negate a possible defense that a malicious third party, unbeknown to him, ordered the items).
__________________
If you have difficulties with a post which contains a link to a site in one of the Swiss languages, use Google Translate or your own favourite translating browser.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank me.anon for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 28.12.2019, 18:12
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,019
Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,319 Times in 11,548 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie [online drug import]

Quote:
View Post
I'm not sure that is a useful strategy in this case. Presumably the police consider they have prima facie evidence of a crime and the OP will be expected to cooperate to demonstrate his innocence or introduce mitigating factors, i.e. that his doctor prescribed the drug. The OP will have used a credit card or Paypal etc. and, if he chooses to stonewall, may find himself in custody pending a check of these accounts, which will then furnish more evidence of his complicity (or at least negate a possible defense that a malicious third party, unbeknown to him, ordered the items).
Presumption of innocence exists in CH. There is ZERO requirement to demonstrate innocence in any way, it's the Police's job to make a case, if they have a case then the OP can show he had a Dr's prescription & see if it stacks up as a defence, admitting guilt could be foolish.

The question is has an offence been committed, by importing? If it has a conviction could have serious consequences for the OP from Prison, suspended Sentence, loss of permit, Loss of ability to get a Swiss passport or in many cases loss of Job.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 28.12.2019, 18:14
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,508
Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,421 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
Why would you order online just to save some money. You have no idea if they will send you the real drug. It could be anything. So dangerous!
Unfortunately stupidity is not a crime.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28.12.2019, 18:30
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,508
Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,421 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
There are loads of trustworthy online pharmacies across Europe. And prices can vary massively for valid economic reasons, not simply as a result of fake products.
How do you define trustworthy? The reality is that you have no idea if you are dealing with the same people that owned that domain last week never mind if what they sent you is safe to put into your mouth or will work as specified.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 28.12.2019, 20:36
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,077
Groaned at 366 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 13,936 Times in 6,500 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
How do you define trustworthy?
I order things from a pharmacy that also has an online presence (in Germany). Trustworthy enough for me.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28.12.2019, 21:34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zug
Posts: 315
Groaned at 56 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 244 Times in 111 Posts
mike_n has earned the respect of manymike_n has earned the respect of manymike_n has earned the respect of many
Re: Summon from polizie

Quote:
View Post
How do you define trustworthy? The reality is that you have no idea if you are dealing with the same people that owned that domain last week never mind if what they sent you is safe to put into your mouth or will work as specified.
The pharmacy you are buying from has a supplier, too. What you get from them went through a long supply chain. Do you trust their supply chain?

Idealo.de is good starting point. A price comparison site, usually used for electronics. Enter the drug and search.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank mike_n for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Import (online shopping): VAT, customs clearance, etc. Owly Finance/banking/taxation 1 27.06.2018 09:01
1Jan2018 New Import regulations for online purchases marton Daily life 10 08.01.2018 14:11
Swissmedic Illegal drug import fine? EnglandNewbie Family matters/health 36 06.11.2014 14:02
Import tax for online order awj Other/general 4 10.11.2013 18:50
Am I doing this right? Import duties & VAT for online order Steffano2002 Finance/banking/taxation 23 09.04.2012 19:09


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0