Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2101  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:15
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Something similar has been said before. Twice
probably the bathing areas will be closed. All those body fluids floating on the water
Reply With Quote
  #2102  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:18
jncunha's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Aesch ZH
Posts: 47
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
jncunha has no particular reputation at present
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
You´re kidding, aren´t you? Permits are not reliant on this so if they grant you one you can always discuss with your employer to start later.

And let´s hope that by May this is all over.
I can still work remotely. I hope so that by May all this crap is over. But everything around Switzerland is getting new cases so fast that I'm not sure when this will end...
Reply With Quote
  #2103  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 32
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 36 Times in 16 Posts
scellers has no particular reputation at present
Re: Coronavirus

Holy holy holy shit:
"Die italienische Regierung bestätigt, dass sich während der vergangenen 24 Stunden rund 1802 menschen neu mit dem Corona-Virus infiziert haben. Die Gesamtzahl der erkrankten Menschen liege landesweit somit bei 9172 Personen. Ebenfalls seien während der vergangenen 24 Stunden 102 Menschen am Corona-Virus gestorben. Die Zahl der Todesopfer beträgt in Italien somit 468 Menschen."

1802 new infected cases in 24 hours in Italy, and 102 new deaths, bringing the totals up to 9172 and 468 respectively.
This is gonna be us in 12 days.

Stay at home, everyone
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank scellers for this useful post:
  #2104  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:37
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Holy holy holy shit:
"Die italienische Regierung bestätigt, dass sich während der vergangenen 24 Stunden rund 1802 menschen neu mit dem Corona-Virus infiziert haben. Die Gesamtzahl der erkrankten Menschen liege landesweit somit bei 9172 Personen. Ebenfalls seien während der vergangenen 24 Stunden 102 Menschen am Corona-Virus gestorben. Die Zahl der Todesopfer beträgt in Italien somit 468 Menschen."

1802 new infected cases in 24 hours in Italy, and 102 new deaths, bringing the totals up to 9172 and 468 respectively.
This is gonna be us in 12 days.

Stay at home, everyone
its more than probable that those that died had underlying medical problems or were old
Reply With Quote
  #2105  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:42
HIAO's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bellevue
Posts: 1,349
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 3,454 Times in 964 Posts
HIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

I posted yesterday on a Coronavirus employment question thread.

I can’t find the thread anymore. Does anyone know where it’s gone; or why it’s been deleted?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank HIAO for this useful post:
  #2106  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:43
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I posted yesterday on a Coronavirus employment question thread.

I can’t find the thread anymore. Does anyone know where it’s gone; or why it’s been deleted?
you probably used swear words
Reply With Quote
This user groans at omtatsat for this post:
  #2107  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,706
Groaned at 72 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,935 Times in 2,122 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

It's interesting that the rise in cases in Italy is not yet visible in the rest of Europe.

Maybe we get lucky. But with Germany not even canceling soccer games, I have little hope this will be permanent.

It's not helped by the fact that this specific decision is made on a municipal level....

Italy's rather high CFR is mostly due to old people dying, which is both sad and completely expected.
Reply With Quote
  #2108  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:47
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,268
Groaned at 241 Times in 202 Posts
Thanked 22,194 Times in 9,068 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I posted yesterday on a Coronavirus employment question thread.

I can’t find the thread anymore. Does anyone know where it’s gone; or why it’s been deleted?
It seems to have been deleted, my guess would be that it provided easily identifiable information about the poster and/or his employer.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #2109  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:50
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Holy holy holy shit:
"Die italienische Regierung bestätigt, dass sich während der vergangenen 24 Stunden rund 1802 menschen neu mit dem Corona-Virus infiziert haben. Die Gesamtzahl der erkrankten Menschen liege landesweit somit bei 9172 Personen. Ebenfalls seien während der vergangenen 24 Stunden 102 Menschen am Corona-Virus gestorben. Die Zahl der Todesopfer beträgt in Italien somit 468 Menschen."

1802 new infected cases in 24 hours in Italy, and 102 new deaths, bringing the totals up to 9172 and 468 respectively.
This is gonna be us in 12 days.

Stay at home, everyone
We should have less deaths on percentage, Switzerland has a much younger population. Average age of corona death in Italy is 81.7 yrs old. They have the second oldest population on earth which partly explains the shit they are now in.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #2110  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:51
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I posted yesterday on a Coronavirus employment question thread.

I can’t find the thread anymore. Does anyone know where it’s gone; or why it’s been deleted?
A colleague deleted it for privacy protection.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #2111  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:54
swissnyc's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: zurich
Posts: 384
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 212 Times in 121 Posts
swissnyc is considered knowledgeableswissnyc is considered knowledgeableswissnyc is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Local drogueries & pharmacies, but expensive : around 12.- for 150ml!
HEY!!!! Got my first groan by "Alhunter" !!!
Just not sure why ... Oh well ...That's forum life
Reply With Quote
  #2112  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:56
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 212
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 303 Times in 126 Posts
spaghetti has a reputation beyond reputespaghetti has a reputation beyond reputespaghetti has a reputation beyond reputespaghetti has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
its more than probable that those that died had underlying medical problems or were old
I wonder if they have age group statistics of death cases in italy so far
Reply With Quote
  #2113  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:58
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 5,022
Groaned at 281 Times in 201 Posts
Thanked 10,562 Times in 3,962 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
We should have less deaths on percentage, Switzerland has a much younger population. Average age of corona death in Italy is 81.7 yrs old. They have the second oldest population on earth which partly explains the shit they are now in.
Yes, and also the virus seems to spread exponentially. It has a much higher RO (rate of contagion) than the regular flu. So the more cases you get = many more cases = many more deaths. I think that's why it's so important to try to get this thing under control as much as possible. Limited contact with the public, more people working from home, etc. I know a few people are going to dislike me for saying this, but I personally think that CH should close the border.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #2114  
Old 09.03.2020, 21:58
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I wonder if they have age group statistics of death cases in italy so far
italy is a chaos at the best of times. dont believe everything they say,

And they keep the Chinese as slaves there for the fashion industry!
Reply With Quote
  #2115  
Old 09.03.2020, 22:01
HIAO's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bellevue
Posts: 1,349
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 3,454 Times in 964 Posts
HIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
A colleague deleted it for privacy protection.
I appreciate you answering the question. Thank you.

Like many other posters, I invested time to make a meaningful contribution to a thread on a topic that is more important than most.

Deleting the thread was dismissive and disrespectful.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank HIAO for this useful post:
  #2116  
Old 09.03.2020, 22:02
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Yup, I know about zinc hence my attempts to befriend it, but no, it is not my friend. I need to find zinc pills that actually stay in. I think it is the ph (fake calcium does the same for me), it is that volatile.

Elderberry is hugely known for respiratory and virus healing properties, people make syrop, I have a tea somewhere. But it is also high on estrogen, which I don't need any extra. Shoooo.

Quote:
I'm concentrating more on avoiding being infected. I had an almost argument with the school Präsidentin this morning. I got a crash course in Swiss school regulations. As I recall, the last time I was in trouble with a head teacher I got my calves slapped.

So that's

Authority 2 - 0 BoB
Why?

You do the ebola handshake?
Reply With Quote
  #2117  
Old 09.03.2020, 22:05
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Has anyone read this

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...-139-new-cases
Reply With Quote
  #2118  
Old 09.03.2020, 22:05
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I appreciate you answering the question. Thank you.

Like many other posters, I invested time to make a meaningful contribution to a thread on a topic that is more important than most.

Deleting the thread was dismissive and disrespectful.
Well you were told why it was deleted!
Reply With Quote
  #2119  
Old 09.03.2020, 22:09
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 5,022
Groaned at 281 Times in 201 Posts
Thanked 10,562 Times in 3,962 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Thanks for the tips about elderberry. I didn't know about that.


Quote:
View Post
Yup, I know about zinc hence my attempts to befriend it, but no, it is not my friend. I need to find zinc pills that actually stay in. I think it is the ph (fake calcium does the same for me), it is that volatile.
Elderberry is hugely known for respiratory and virus healing properties, people make syrop, I have a tea somewhere. But it is also high on estrogen, which I don't need any extra. Shoooo.
Have you tried Burgerstein's Zinc-C toffees? They have 100% of the RDA of zinc in them as well as vitamin C. Tastes a bit like oranges. I have a very sensitive stomach but have never had any problem with these.

Name:  zink_tofees.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  74.1 KB
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #2120  
Old 09.03.2020, 22:13
estiqaa's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Basel
Posts: 126
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 192 Times in 87 Posts
estiqaa is considered knowledgeableestiqaa is considered knowledgeableestiqaa is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I wonder if they have age group statistics of death cases in italy so far
Bear in mind that no one at the moment can say for sure every single death is due to Corona Virus. We can only say they were positive. This is what the Protezione Civile in Italy says.

1% 50-59 y.o.
10% 60-69 y.o.
31% 70-79 y.o.
44% 80-89 y.o.
14% over 90 y.o

source (in italian):

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...lia-250756249/
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank estiqaa for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cold, corona, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, flu, health, medical, virus




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coronavirus Jokes makeabigwish Daily life 265 Yesterday 22:07
Coronavirus closed janvier Forum support 18 01.11.2020 14:12
Paid holidays and coronavirus Curtiss Employment 2 20.04.2020 10:22
Coronavirus scammers are out there - be warned Medea Fleecestealer Daily life 9 18.04.2020 19:53
Leaving Switzerland for UK during coronavirus barkingtreewolf Leaving Switzerland 19 11.04.2020 12:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0