Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21761  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:03
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 879
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,523 Times in 586 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
or even shot with rubber bullets. that fans! "javlar va fan"
Nahh I vote for water canons & tear gas ..

Joke aside

"3 percent of the population already have both vaccinations
A total of 807,799 vaccinations had been carried out by Sunday. So far, 259,793 people have been fully vaccinated, i.e. 3 percent of the population have already received two doses of the vaccine. So far, only the first vaccination has been carried out in 288,213.

164,051 vaccine doses have already been delivered to the cantons but not yet used. In addition, 192,225 vaccine doses are still stored at the federal government."

Why are 164 k doses still sitting unused in the cantons?

https://www.20min.ch/story/so-schnei...b-625030588446
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sigh for this useful post:
  #21762  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:09
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 12,586
Groaned at 205 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 20,545 Times in 8,466 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post

164,051 vaccine doses have already been delivered to the cantons but not yet used. In addition, 192,225 vaccine doses are still stored at the federal government."

Why are 164 k doses still sitting unused in the cantons?
I would assume they’re the ones allocated to people and due to be administered in the next couple of weeks or so.
The cantons will all have vaccine appointments booked and will be using those doses for them.
Reply With Quote
  #21763  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:17
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 2,275
Groaned at 29 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 3,040 Times in 1,408 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I view them all as the same department, perhaps my perception is incorrect - but they certainly weren't caught off guard. I am not blaming an individual policeman or woman, but the entire system.
Of course, no one was caught off guard and even if that was the case the demonstration lasted at least a couple hours. Somehow it's possible to materialize dozens of firefighters in 15-20 min almost anywhere while the police only looks from far away 2 hours later.

I only wanted to say that someone in a nice tailored suit told the police with riot gear: let them be. Also, yesterday was the first day shops opened. Someone had to decide to expose shops hard hit by closures to 2000 people confrontation with the police. I bet the decision was hard. What is totally out of discussion is that rules sometimes apply, sometimes doesn't.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #21764  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:33
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 16,649
Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,161 Times in 9,996 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
It should be banned. It's worse than religion.
I know you are being sarcastic - it is banned, that's the thing. And still people go and mingle.

Quote:
View Post
Of course, no one was caught off guard and even if that was the case the demonstration lasted at least a couple hours. Somehow it's possible to materialize dozens of firefighters in 15-20 min almost anywhere while the police only looks from far away 2 hours later.

I only wanted to say that someone in a nice tailored suit told the police with riot gear: let them be. Also, yesterday was the first day shops opened. Someone had to decide to expose shops hard hit by closures to 2000 people confrontation with the police. I bet the decision was hard. What is totally out of discussion is that rules sometimes apply, sometimes doesn't.
It seems to me that the cops didn't want to risk for those who don't care about the risk. Maybe they looked around (not them, whoever said that it doesn't merit the effort) elsewhere in other countries and saw that hard pushback creates even more problems.

I think it is quite quickly achieved to diss cops. I really do not think it is them who took the decision. Or, if I was the chief, I wouldn't risk my guys either, tbh.
__________________
"L'homme ne peut pas remplacer son coeur avec sa tete, ni sa tete avec ses mains." J.H. Pestalozzi

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #21765  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:34
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 4,289
Groaned at 210 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 5,874 Times in 2,740 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post

Why are 164 k doses still sitting unused in the cantons?
2nd doses and first doses for those with a confirmed rdv.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:
  #21766  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:47
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 1,430
Groaned at 238 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,015 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I think it is quite quickly achieved to diss cops. I really do not think it is them who took the decision. Or, if I was the chief, I wouldn't risk my guys either, tbh.
Yes, the chief shouldn't expect his team to do the job they were hired to do, which is protect the public. Lets just instead risk the entire city's population from contracting a killer/debilitating virus and set back all recent progress made from the restrictions.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post:
This user groans at Susie-Q for this post:
  #21767  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:51
Klostersgirl's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Stäfa and Klosters
Posts: 529
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 947 Times in 299 Posts
Klostersgirl has a reputation beyond reputeKlostersgirl has a reputation beyond reputeKlostersgirl has a reputation beyond reputeKlostersgirl has a reputation beyond reputeKlostersgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

I has to see our GP recently. She told me that she had received 100 doses in her surgery and selected and made appointments for the over 75's who had registered for the vaccination. She commented that the whole thing was a fiasco with lots of people simply not turning up. One of the reasons given from a no show was that he/she had had a really good nights sleep and simply didn't want to get out of bed, but would come in the next day. The casual attitude of some of the recipients apparently caused a ton of extra admin work with appointments having to be rescheduled to accommodate endless whims and fancies. I absolutely can't wait to get my turn and would turn up any time day or night. Unbelievable that some people don't seem to get it.
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank Klostersgirl for this useful post:
  #21768  
Old 02.03.2021, 16:59
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,034
Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,509 Times in 9,808 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Nahh I vote for water canons & tear gas ..

Joke aside

"3 percent of the population already have both vaccinations
A total of 807,799 vaccinations had been carried out by Sunday. So far, 259,793 people have been fully vaccinated, i.e. 3 percent of the population have already received two doses of the vaccine. So far, only the first vaccination has been carried out in 288,213.

164,051 vaccine doses have already been delivered to the cantons but not yet used. In addition, 192,225 vaccine doses are still stored at the federal government."

Why are 164 k doses still sitting unused in the cantons?

https://www.20min.ch/story/so-schnei...b-625030588446
Every time I look at official Swiss vaccination numbers I get confused.

In round numbers around 810K people vaccinated, 260K had the second dose. So there are 550K waiting for their second shots and 350K doses not yet used.
From where will the other 200K people get their second shot?
Presumably from promised deliveries that have not yet been received; this does not look like a well-managed process?
Reply With Quote
  #21769  
Old 02.03.2021, 17:02
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 16,649
Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,161 Times in 9,996 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Yes, the chief shouldn't expect his team to do the job they were hired to do, which is protect the public.
They did not sign up to get infected. Your criticism might be valid after they themselves have the opportunity get vaxed.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #21770  
Old 02.03.2021, 17:02
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,229
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,204 Times in 909 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I has to see our GP recently. She told me that she had received 100 doses in her surgery and selected and made appointments for the over 75's who had registered for the vaccination. She commented that the whole thing was a fiasco with lots of people simply not turning up. One of the reasons given from a no show was that he/she had had a really good nights sleep and simply didn't want to get out of bed, but would come in the next day. The casual attitude of some of the recipients apparently caused a ton of extra admin work with appointments having to be rescheduled to accommodate endless whims and fancies. I absolutely can't wait to get my turn and would turn up any time day or night. Unbelievable that some people don't seem to get it.
Same here, If I was called for an appointment in 5 minutes I would be there.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ato for this useful post:
  #21771  
Old 02.03.2021, 17:02
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 20,308
Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,710 Times in 10,985 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
From where will the other 200K people get their second shot?
Presumably from promised deliveries that have not yet been received; this does not look like a well-managed process?
They can always use the AZ vaccine for the second dose
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #21772  
Old 02.03.2021, 17:10
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,034
Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,509 Times in 9,808 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
They can always use the AZ vaccine for the second dose
Apart from the facts that the AZ vaccine is not approved here and the Swiss have no AZ doses in stock.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #21773  
Old 02.03.2021, 17:48
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 879
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,523 Times in 586 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
They did not sign up to get infected. Your criticism might be valid after they themselves have the opportunity get vaxed.
I dont think nurses, teachers, bus drivers, cashiers etc signed up for it either, yet they go to work every day...
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Sigh for this useful post:
  #21774  
Old 02.03.2021, 18:08
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 4,289
Groaned at 210 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 5,874 Times in 2,740 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I dont think nurses, teachers, bus drivers, cashiers etc signed up for it either, yet they go to work every day...
crossing the frontier singing Abba’s ‘money, money, money’ as they go.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:
  #21775  
Old 02.03.2021, 18:12
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 20,308
Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,710 Times in 10,985 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Apart from the facts that the AZ vaccine is not approved here and the Swiss have no AZ doses in stock.
That will cost lives, interesting to see if they do approve it further down the line.
Reply With Quote
  #21776  
Old 02.03.2021, 18:21
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 879
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,523 Times in 586 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
crossing the frontier singing Abba’s ‘money, money, money’ as they go.
And what would we do without them? I dare to say S.O.S
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Sigh for this post:
  #21777  
Old 02.03.2021, 18:26
Dinivan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 183
Groaned at 28 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 228 Times in 118 Posts
Dinivan is considered knowledgeableDinivan is considered knowledgeableDinivan is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I has to see our GP recently. She told me that she had received 100 doses in her surgery and selected and made appointments for the over 75's who had registered for the vaccination. She commented that the whole thing was a fiasco with lots of people simply not turning up. One of the reasons given from a no show was that he/she had had a really good nights sleep and simply didn't want to get out of bed, but would come in the next day. The casual attitude of some of the recipients apparently caused a ton of extra admin work with appointments having to be rescheduled to accommodate endless whims and fancies. I absolutely can't wait to get my turn and would turn up any time day or night. Unbelievable that some people don't seem to get it.
It must be the same sort of entitled old people who do not either bother to put on masks when they are required to do it.

I really think it's been a mistake to start with them.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Dinivan for this useful post:
This user groans at Dinivan for this post:
  #21778  
Old 02.03.2021, 18:27
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 12,586
Groaned at 205 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 20,545 Times in 8,466 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Every time I look at official Swiss vaccination numbers I get confused.

In round numbers around 810K people vaccinated, 260K had the second dose. So there are 550K waiting for their second shots and 350K doses not yet used.
From where will the other 200K people get their second shot?
Presumably from promised deliveries that have not yet been received; this does not look like a well-managed process?
Some cantons have set aside doses to cover all the people who have had the first one, others haven’t and are banking on getting the promised deliveries in time.
It’s all a bit of a lottery really.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #21779  
Old 02.03.2021, 18:28
Dinivan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 183
Groaned at 28 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 228 Times in 118 Posts
Dinivan is considered knowledgeableDinivan is considered knowledgeableDinivan is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
That will cost lives, interesting to see if they do approve it further down the line.
If it is not approved it is because so far Swissmedic thinks that it would cost more lives to approve it. For instance if its effectiveness is significantly lower than that of other vaccines. I'm happy with the current situation, can't wait to get the shot but two or three weeks won't make a real difference.
Reply With Quote
  #21780  
Old 02.03.2021, 18:46
Talk to you later's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 1,899 Times in 723 Posts
Talk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56242617
Quote:
Covid: France approves AstraZeneca vaccine for over-65s
The French government says older people with pre-existing conditions can now get AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine, revising its stance on the issue.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Talk to you later for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cold, corona, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, flu, health, medical, virus




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coronavirus Jokes makeabigwish Daily life 131 15.04.2021 00:07
Coronavirus closed janvier Forum support 18 01.11.2020 13:12
Paid holidays and coronavirus Curtiss Employment 2 20.04.2020 09:22
Coronavirus scammers are out there - be warned Medea Fleecestealer Daily life 9 18.04.2020 18:53
Leaving Switzerland for UK during coronavirus barkingtreewolf Leaving Switzerland 19 11.04.2020 11:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0