Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16901  
Old 21.11.2020, 10:25
V__'s Avatar
V__ V__ is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,511
Groaned at 384 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 2,082 Times in 866 Posts
V__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Facing another retirement home lockdown, 90-year-old chooses medically assisted death


https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health...eath-1.5197140
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank V__ for this useful post:
  #16902  
Old 21.11.2020, 11:58
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 56 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 86 Times in 50 Posts
janvier is considered unworthyjanvier is considered unworthyjanvier is considered unworthy
Re: Coronavirus

Breaking news. US health " expert " Dr Dimitri Christakis says children
who graduate will live 3 months longer than those who don't!! Source CNN
news today 0600 ( 21.11.20 ). In his case maybe its the reverse

Last edited by janvier; 21.11.2020 at 12:41.
Reply With Quote
  #16903  
Old 21.11.2020, 12:01
Bossa Nova's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Vaud
Posts: 215
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 518 Times in 144 Posts
Bossa Nova has a reputation beyond reputeBossa Nova has a reputation beyond reputeBossa Nova has a reputation beyond reputeBossa Nova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Facing another retirement home lockdown, 90-year-old chooses medically assisted death


https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health...eath-1.5197140
But isn't your position that the elderly and at-risk should be locked up/isolated while the rest of us go about our business?
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Bossa Nova for this useful post:
  #16904  
Old 21.11.2020, 12:07
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 56 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 86 Times in 50 Posts
janvier is considered unworthyjanvier is considered unworthyjanvier is considered unworthy
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
But isn't your position that the elderly and at-risk should be locked up/isolated while the rest of us go about our business?
So V_ will definittely be locked up. Risk case
Reply With Quote
  #16905  
Old 21.11.2020, 12:25
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 5,733
Groaned at 313 Times in 224 Posts
Thanked 7,829 Times in 3,663 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Facing another retirement home lockdown, 90-year-old chooses medically assisted death


https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health...eath-1.5197140
I'm a member of EXIT. I am so glad that I will have a choice if/when I decide that it is time. It's a real pity that everyone doesn't have this choice.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:
  #16906  
Old 21.11.2020, 12:29
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Breaking news. US health " expert " Dr Dimitri Christakis says children
who graduate will live 3 months more than those who don't!! Source CNN
news today 0600 ( 21.11.20 ). In his case maybe its the reverse
Ok..I just ran so maybe deprived a bit of oxygen in the right place but what? How do they figure? People graduate online, btw, too..If that's a hint to lockdown fall-out?
Reply With Quote
  #16907  
Old 21.11.2020, 13:16
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 1,122
Groaned at 39 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 1,023 Times in 513 Posts
TinyK has an excellent reputationTinyK has an excellent reputationTinyK has an excellent reputationTinyK has an excellent reputation
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Latest data from the UK has supermarkets as the most common places visited before a positive test.
I believe it is also the most common place visited before a negative test.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank TinyK for this useful post:
  #16908  
Old 21.11.2020, 16:01
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 1,799
Groaned at 642 Times in 364 Posts
Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,782 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

They took their time, but at LAST some of the MSM are coming around to see the sceptics point of view. This very good breakdown of the Daily Mail shows how stats in the UK have been manipulated to paint a worse picture than how the situation actually is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-hearts.html
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post:
  #16909  
Old 21.11.2020, 16:10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
They took their time, but at LAST some of the MSM are coming around to see the sceptics point of view. This very good breakdown of the Daily Mail shows how stats in the UK have been manipulated to paint a worse picture than how the situation actually is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-hearts.html
Really cannot be bothered to go through most of that but the bits I know without having to research show all the accuracy to be expected from the Hatemail.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #16910  
Old 21.11.2020, 16:25
V__'s Avatar
V__ V__ is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,511
Groaned at 384 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 2,082 Times in 866 Posts
V__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
But isn't your position that the elderly and at-risk should be locked up/isolated while the rest of us go about our business?
Measures should be made for people at risk not for the general population, that was my point from day 1.

Those in risk groups who wish not to respect the measures - I completely understand them
Reply With Quote
  #16911  
Old 21.11.2020, 18:04
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 673
Groaned at 44 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,224 Times in 563 Posts
leonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

We have seen multiple stands today collecting signatures against Covid measures.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank leonie for this useful post:
  #16912  
Old 21.11.2020, 18:47
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,153
Groaned at 124 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 11,104 Times in 4,868 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
We have seen multiple stands today collecting signatures against Covid measures.
Just having the first two lines in English gives this away as yet more conspiracy theory QAnon bile. See it all the time on social media alongside #RT #TrustGod #bilderberggroup #cabal #GreatReset #Agenda21 #Agenda2030 #mindcontrol and quite bizarrely, #Presidentsareselectednotelected and #MaskedSinger You've just got to be a bot to think the Masked Singer is somehow linked to wearing masks as a covid measure.

Apparently, Agenda 2030 is based upon slaves were once masked, so by wearing masks in covid times, you're willingly becoming slaves. That's the agenda. I just feel sorry for those who have such people amongst their friends and family. It must be tiresome.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #16913  
Old 21.11.2020, 19:00
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
We have seen multiple stands today collecting signatures against Covid measures.
Yep. There's nutters everywhere.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
This user groans at for this post:
  #16914  
Old 21.11.2020, 19:34
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 2,581
Groaned at 129 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 4,686 Times in 1,868 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
We have seen multiple stands today collecting signatures against Covid measures.
This claim that PCR does not detect Sars-CoV2 is debunked nonsense. Which doesn't stop people from spreading this horseshit, including some people here on EF recently.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #16915  
Old 21.11.2020, 20:39
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
This claim that PCR does not detect Sars-CoV2 is debunked nonsense. Which doesn't stop people from spreading this horseshit, including some people here on EF recently.
A positive PCR test does not mean you are infected, approx a 2% false positive rate, so when positives are around 3% then there is about a 33% chance that you have Covid. It's quite possible that the majority of people without symptoms are false positives.
Reply With Quote
  #16916  
Old 21.11.2020, 20:50
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 2,581
Groaned at 129 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 4,686 Times in 1,868 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
A positive PCR test does not mean you are infected, approx a 2% false positive rate, so when positives are around 3% then there is about a 33% chance that you have Covid. It's quite possible that the majority of people without symptoms are false positives.
There is a proper study from spring when PCR was developed and admitted that shows the PCR reacts only to CoV2 and nothing else.

But assume it has a 2% chance of false positive, I still don't get your 33% math. Care to explain?
Reply With Quote
  #16917  
Old 21.11.2020, 20:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 491
Groaned at 49 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 1,028 Times in 519 Posts
John William has a reputation beyond reputeJohn William has a reputation beyond reputeJohn William has a reputation beyond reputeJohn William has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Governments across the world likely to make life difficult for the anti-vaccination brigade
or rather you can be anti-vaccine everything else except the one against Covid.

While not denying peoples fundamental human rights to choose not to be vaccinated and immunised
against Covid19 if they don't want to - nevertheless a string of measures to make life difficult
for those who refuse to be vaccinated against the virus are sure to be in the pipeline.

International Travel
This is the easiest one to introduce and implement, basically people who cannot prove that they have been
vaccinated & immunised against Covid19, plus no doubt the usual Covid19 test ( within 72 hours
of travel ) will be denied entry to many countries and maybe even - it will be down to passengers
to prove they have been vaccinated before travelling.

Healthcare workers & Care Home workers
It can be made a condition of continued employment for all such workers to prove they have been
vaccinated against the virus once the vaccines made available to them.
This measure could also be extended to include Dentists, Physiotherapists, Chiropodists, Ambulance
drivers all members of the armed forces, etc, etc.

Holidays and travel outside your community where the virus has been prevalent in the past;
governments could make it a precondition for people to prove they have been vaccinated
against Covid19, to continue to enjoy hassle free holidays in Hotels and resorts away from their
community which could be monitored by random Police checkpoints across the country where
fines could be levied for people found flouting the vaccination and travel rules.
__________________
Surely the time has come for Boris to 'circle the wagons' for a bit of herd immunity ?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank John William for this useful post:
This user groans at John William for this post:
  #16918  
Old 21.11.2020, 20:58
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
There is a proper study from spring when PCR was developed and admitted that shows the PCR reacts only to CoV2 and nothing else.

But assume it has a 2% chance of false positive, I still don't get your 33% math. Care to explain?
If the false positive rate is 2% & you only have a positive rate of 2%, it's possible that there are zero infections.
Therefore with 3% of positives 1/3 will likely be positive & 2/3 false positives. However if 10% of tests are positive then 80% will likely be positive & 20% false positive.
Reply With Quote
  #16919  
Old 21.11.2020, 21:03
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 2,581
Groaned at 129 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 4,686 Times in 1,868 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
If the false positive rate is 2% & you only have a positive rate of 2%, it's possible that there are zero infections.
Therefore with 3% of positives 1/3 will likely be positive & 2/3 false positives. However if 10% of tests are positive then 80% will likely be positive & 20% false positive.
Huh? Wouldn't the 2% chance of being false apply to each individual test? I.e. if you get tested positive, the chance of this being real is always 98%?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #16920  
Old 21.11.2020, 21:10
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Huh? Wouldn't the 2% chance of being false apply to each individual test? I.e. if you get tested positive, the chance of this being real is always 98%?
No, unfortunately not, the test is not very accurate, it's caused huge hysteria due to the no of 'cases'. The UK's NHS will only test people with symptoms for this reason.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cold, corona, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, flu, health, medical, virus




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (2 members and 7 guests)
LakeSwimmer, Island Monkey
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coronavirus Jokes makeabigwish Daily life 275 29.11.2021 21:34
Coronavirus closed janvier Forum support 18 01.11.2020 14:12
Paid holidays and coronavirus Curtiss Employment 2 20.04.2020 10:22
Coronavirus scammers are out there - be warned Medea Fleecestealer Daily life 9 18.04.2020 19:53
Leaving Switzerland for UK during coronavirus barkingtreewolf Leaving Switzerland 19 11.04.2020 12:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0