Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #17661  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:04
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 931
Groaned at 353 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,054 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Dusting off this link

https://icumonitoring.ch/
So at present it seems ICU is coping pretty well (given normal capacity is 80%).

The Frederal Council just announced some new measures, not much changes other than early closures for restaurants (now 7pm, not clear to me if this includes bars) and private household gatherings limited to 5 rather than 10 apart from over Christmas period.
Reply With Quote
  #17662  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:06
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 631
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,056 Times in 414 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
So at present it seems ICU is coping pretty well (given normal capacity is 80%).

The Frederal Council just announced some new measures, not much changes other than early closures for restaurants (now 7pm, not clear to me if this includes bars) and private household gatherings limited to 5 rather than 10 apart from over Christmas period.
Keep in mind that those numbers include the extra capacity beds.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Sigh for this useful post:
  #17663  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:09
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 9,003
Groaned at 283 Times in 224 Posts
Thanked 19,064 Times in 7,531 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
... private household gatherings limited to 5 rather than 10 apart from over Christmas period.
Brilliant, that should keep the in-laws away for a bit!
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #17664  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:09
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ausserschwyz
Posts: 996
Groaned at 30 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 1,883 Times in 729 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Keep in mind that those numbers include the extra capacity beds.
I am too stupid to read this. Glarus turns from orange to red when switching from certified ICU capacity to ad hoc?
Reply With Quote
  #17665  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:10
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 631
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,056 Times in 414 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Brilliant, that should keep the in-laws away for a bit!
Reply With Quote
  #17666  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:12
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 631
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,056 Times in 414 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I am too stupid to read this. Glarus turns from orange to red when switching from certified ICU capacity to ad hoc?
The extra capacity beds are not officially certified
Many cantons have run out of certified beds.
Reply With Quote
  #17667  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:21
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ausserschwyz
Posts: 996
Groaned at 30 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 1,883 Times in 729 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
The extra capacity beds are not officially certified
I get that. But GL cannot have negative ad hoc capacity I presume
In the other cantons it seems to make sense (i.e. less full when taking into account the extra beds).

A doctor friend in Germany tells me that they are getting quite full (albeit much lower than here), but their constraint is medical staff getting sick.

I personally think hospital occupancy is way too high. Let us not forget that non-Covid patients have been massively reduced, at the cost of their health. Christmas and New Year's are going to be like gas on the fire. I don't believe people will reduce their contacts enough over this period.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #17668  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:25
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 25
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 23 Times in 10 Posts
cease has become a little unpopularcease has become a little unpopular
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Are you in the city? I popped into a bakery this AM for some bread and it was full of older people crowded together without a care in the world. All bars and restaurants are pretty full too, plus we have the Christmas markets / food & beverage stands. The city is full of shoppers and daytrippers. I don't think they are taking it seriously at all... I was in Zurich last weekend and it seemed pretty much the same.
i live near the city and am there most days. the restaurants and bars do look full but almost all of them have the tables spread out or plexiglas installed so i think most are following the rules.
Reply With Quote
  #17669  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:25
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Kt Zurich
Posts: 526
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 1,874 Times in 675 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Beds are important. But you can create beds a lot easier than you can create trained, healthy staff.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank ennui for this useful post:
  #17670  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:47
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ausserschwyz
Posts: 996
Groaned at 30 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 1,883 Times in 729 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post

The Frederal Council just announced some new measures, not much changes other than early closures for restaurants (now 7pm, not clear to me if this includes bars) and private household gatherings limited to 5 rather than 10 apart from over Christmas period.
These are not formally announced, but still subject to discussion with the cantons, right?

For restaurants I see no hope. 7 pm? Might be better for them to be closed and get some form of state aid. Not that I am a fan of aid, but how can you work with these hours?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #17671  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:56
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 631
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,056 Times in 414 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
These are not formally announced, but still subject to discussion with the cantons, right?

For restaurants I see no hope. 7 pm? Might be better for them to be closed and get some form of state aid. Not that I am a fan of aid, but how can you work with these hours?
They are consulting with the cantons, I agree regarding the restaurants.
Here (Romandie) they were suppose to reopen this thursday...

"The government has launched a consultation with the cantons and will take its decision on Friday. Should the situation deteriorate further, further measures will follow on December 18.

From saturday

The measures in consultation would take effect on Saturday and would last until January 20, 2021."

https://www.rts.ch/info/suisse/11807...es-samedi.html

Last edited by Sigh; 08.12.2020 at 21:04. Reason: Added info
Reply With Quote
  #17672  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:56
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 130
Groaned at 50 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 147 Times in 87 Posts
BoredToDeath has become a little unpopularBoredToDeath has become a little unpopular
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I wouldn't say that's the case in Basel. ....including a pretty large anti-Nazi demonstration.
That demonstration should have been cancelled due to fantastical nature of its objective.

P.S. Someone asked me what is virtue signaling: This demonstration is It.
Reply With Quote
  #17673  
Old 08.12.2020, 20:58
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 631
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,056 Times in 414 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I get that. But GL cannot have negative ad hoc capacity I presume
In the other cantons it seems to make sense (i.e. less full when taking into account the extra beds).

A doctor friend in Germany tells me that they are getting quite full (albeit much lower than here), but their constraint is medical staff getting sick.

I personally think hospital occupancy is way too high. Let us not forget that non-Covid patients have been massively reduced, at the cost of their health. Christmas and New Year's are going to be like gas on the fire. I don't believe people will reduce their contacts enough over this period.
Ahh ok sorry misunderstood the question.
Then Iam as confused as you
Reply With Quote
  #17674  
Old 08.12.2020, 23:49
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: la cote
Posts: 3,334
Groaned at 19 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,543 Posts
runningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

According to the latest press release, new measures expected to be announced on Friday will "harmonise and reinforce/strengthen measures at the national level"

https://www.admin.ch/gov/fr/accueil/...-id-81522.html
Reply With Quote
  #17675  
Old 08.12.2020, 23:55
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 1,226
Groaned at 28 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 1,659 Times in 857 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I get that. But GL cannot have negative ad hoc capacity I presume
In the other cantons it seems to make sense (i.e. less full when taking into account the extra beds).

A doctor friend in Germany tells me that they are getting quite full (albeit much lower than here), but their constraint is medical staff getting sick.

I personally think hospital occupancy is way too high. Let us not forget that non-Covid patients have been massively reduced, at the cost of their health. Christmas and New Year's are going to be like gas on the fire. I don't believe people will reduce their contacts enough over this period.
Have to say you make more sense to me than anybody else in this thread. Everything you say is considered and moderate. Neither hyperbolic nor dismissive of the risks.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #17676  
Old 09.12.2020, 00:03
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: la cote
Posts: 3,334
Groaned at 19 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,543 Posts
runningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Brilliant, that should keep the in-laws away for a bit!
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank runningdeer for this useful post:
  #17677  
Old 09.12.2020, 08:40
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,793
Groaned at 330 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 14,197 Times in 7,316 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
They are consulting with the cantons, I agree regarding the restaurants.
Here (Romandie) they were suppose to reopen this thursday...

"The government has launched a consultation with the cantons and will take its decision on Friday. Should the situation deteriorate further, further measures will follow on December 18.

From saturday

The measures in consultation would take effect on Saturday and would last until January 20, 2021."

https://www.rts.ch/info/suisse/11807...es-samedi.html
Everything can be find here

Changes of 9 December 2020:

Rules for ski resorts and winter sports areas
Rules for businesses
Singing
New rules for restaurants
Recommendation for private gatherings
Stronger recommendation to work from home

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...es-bundes.html

I heard that cantonal schools are considering going online in the first week after the holiday but they might not be the only ones.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #17678  
Old 09.12.2020, 09:08
Mélusine's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lutry
Posts: 3,872
Groaned at 32 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 5,440 Times in 2,198 Posts
Mélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Everything can be find here

Changes of 9 December 2020:

Rules for ski resorts and winter sports areas
Rules for businesses
Singing
New rules for restaurants
Recommendation for private gatherings
Stronger recommendation to work from home

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...es-bundes.html

I heard that cantonal schools are considering going online in the first week after the holiday but they might not be the only ones.
I find it totally unfair that Romandie cantons were very proactive at the beginning of the second wave, closing restaurants and cultural places, successfully reducing contamination; and now that we are ready to open again, we have to pay the price for the Swiss Germans who couldn’t make such decisions without being forced by the Confederation.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Mélusine for this useful post:
This user groans at Mélusine for this post:
  #17679  
Old 09.12.2020, 09:20
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 12,069
Groaned at 198 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 19,349 Times in 8,042 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I find it totally unfair that Romandie cantons were very proactive at the beginning of the second wave, closing restaurants and cultural places, successfully reducing contamination; and now that we are ready to open again, we have to pay the price for the Swiss Germans who couldn’t make such decisions without being forced by the Confederation.
I agree.
The restaurateurs here are being very vocal about it all.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #17680  
Old 09.12.2020, 09:25
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Geneva
Posts: 527
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 481 Times in 226 Posts
MajorGrubert has earned the respect of manyMajorGrubert has earned the respect of manyMajorGrubert has earned the respect of many
Re: Coronavirus

In that connection...

Geneva outraged by the measures envisaged by Berne

Quote:
For Mauro Poggia, a guest on the 7:30 p.m. news on the RTS, the federal project is "disrespectful to the French-speaking cantons, which have assumed their health responsibilities while committing themselves to economic circles. Yet for weeks now, when we consulted it, the Federal Council had been telling us that it was up to the cantons to act."

Asked by 20 Minutes, the MCG minister drives home his point. "We've been taking hits for a month and a half, we've been attacked for the sanitary measures we've taken, the shopkeepers and restaurant owners have made sacrifices... And now the Confederation is taking over because the Swiss German cantons have not been able to take action. We have always known that economic considerations took precedence over sanitary facilities in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. The German-speaking cantons do not easily take sanitary measures. You feel you are paying for others".
The President of the association of cafés and restaurants operators says about the 7 p.m. closure: "Why not just make us close at 4 p.m.?" (since there would be essentially no dinner service).

Restaurants in Geneva (like in other Romandie cantons) have been closed except for takeout and delivery since 1 November. They were supposed to reopen tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank MajorGrubert for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cold, corona, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, flu, health, medical, virus




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (0 members and 11 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0