Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04.03.2020, 13:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,271
Groaned at 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Thanked 19,166 Times in 7,429 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Which way?



(And ideal for who?)
Younger woman older guy, and imo it can be ideal for both. I am not saying it's 'better' than being of similar age as it varies according to individual tastes, but there is certainly nothing wrong with it and it often fits well.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04.03.2020, 13:27
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,320
Groaned at 393 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 20,050 Times in 10,434 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Younger woman older guy, and imo it can be ideal for both. I am not saying it's 'better' than being of similar age as it varies according to individual tastes, but there is certainly nothing wrong with it.
There's never anything wrong with it. Until there's something wrong with it.

I get it. But disagree, or we can say anything goes as long as the two are into eachother.

I keep bouncing the thread back to the OP but without much success, though I am sure she's reading up. A data analyst would know how to get the data, interpret, and most of all adjust. Optimizing?

It is not sexy but I guess it works.

Sooner or later people figure out that they have very little control over the chemistry factor. And the fact that rationality is far from that.
__________________
"L'homme ne peut pas remplacer son coeur avec sa tete, ni sa tete avec ses mains." J.H. Pestalozzi

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04.03.2020, 13:37
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,726
Groaned at 294 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 24,987 Times in 10,553 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
She likes money and he has it.
Or she wants a Swiss passport in addition to liking his money.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #124  
Old 04.03.2020, 13:49
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,533
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,153 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Or she wants a Swiss passport in addition to liking his money.
Until she finds out he's on a C-Permit for the last 20 years when he complains about not being able to vote.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ato for this useful post:
  #125  
Old 04.03.2020, 14:10
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,722
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,567 Times in 7,525 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Until she finds out he's on a C-Permit for the last 20 years when he complains about not being able to vote.
.... after the wedding.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #126  
Old 04.03.2020, 14:34
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,027
Groaned at 116 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 10,802 Times in 4,754 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
What do they have in common or where do they have cultural references from their childhood they can share or relate to? Discuss...…
Our tall, dark, handsome nephew visited in December. He and I were walking down from the castle in Rapperswil one day and a very attractive girl in her 20s was walking up the hill towards us. She caught sight of my nephew and visibly swooned, then looked me up and down and gave me such a look of disgust that I said to her "Er ist mein Neffe".
Quote:
View Post
Woman with a younger partner, IMO.
My ex boyfriends range from 19yrs older to 9yrs younger.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #127  
Old 04.03.2020, 15:56
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Kt Zurich
Posts: 844
Groaned at 35 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 2,757 Times in 977 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Woman with a younger partner, IMO.
It’s worked well for me.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ennui for this useful post:
  #128  
Old 04.03.2020, 15:58
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Our tall, dark, handsome nephew visited in December. He and I were walking down from the castle in Rapperswil one day and a very attractive girl in her 20s was walking up the hill towards us. She caught sight of my nephew and visibly swooned, then looked me up and down and gave me such a look of disgust that I said to her "Er ist mein Neffe".
My ex boyfriends range from 19yrs older to 9yrs younger.
Older woman, younger guy is good. Not sure why society (perpetuated by media portrayals) is fixated on the older man/younger woman combo.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #129  
Old 04.03.2020, 16:03
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,722
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,567 Times in 7,525 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Our tall, dark, handsome nephew visited in December. He and I were walking down from the castle in Rapperswil one day and a very attractive girl in her 20s was walking up the hill towards us. She caught sight of my nephew and visibly swooned, then looked me up and down and gave me such a look of disgust that I said to her "Er ist mein Neffe".
My ex boyfriends range from 19yrs older to 9yrs younger.
Totally wrong. You should have said: "Yeah, ain't he a treat?"
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #130  
Old 04.03.2020, 16:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,271
Groaned at 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Thanked 19,166 Times in 7,429 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
Older woman, younger guy is good. Not sure why society (perpetuated by media portrayals) is fixated on the older man/younger woman combo.
Because, generally speaking, men and women age differently from a biological perspective. Men mature and visibly age slower and sexual function is less affected past 50 when women typically reach menopause and can no longer reproduce, in contrast with men who can reproduce until late in life. This typically makes them more suitable for younger partners than women of the same age.

On the flip side, on average women live longer and suffer less reduction of brain function.

https://www.livescience.com/1054-wom...es-faster.html
https://www.verywellhealth.com/is-ag...-women-2224332
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #131  
Old 04.03.2020, 16:48
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,320
Groaned at 393 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 20,050 Times in 10,434 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Because, generally speaking, men and women age differently from a biological perspective. Men mature and visibly age slower and sexual function is less affected past 50 when women typically reach menopause and can no longer reproduce, in contrast with men who can reproduce until late in life. This typically makes them more suitable for younger partners than women of the same age.

On the flip side, on average women live longer and suffer less reduction of brain function.

https://www.livescience.com/1054-wom...es-faster.html
https://www.verywellhealth.com/is-ag...-women-2224332
I understand now, what you mean by "ideally". But let's say that your candidate is reproduction ready but horribly boring or zero chemistry..I think this reproduction thing is actually secondary priority. Heck, we live in an era where some people only date a virtual partner, without ever leaving their room. Then all these biology theories go out the window. At least there are still folks who go on real dates, that's already something.

The reduction of brain function is interesting. I have heard about it. You forgot to mention andropause.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04.03.2020, 16:57
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 288
Groaned at 199 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 995 Times in 467 Posts
Full Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
Older woman, younger guy is good. Not sure why society (perpetuated by media portrayals) is fixated on the older man/younger woman combo.
Lol, not for the guy
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Because, generally speaking, men and women age differently from a biological perspective. Men mature and visibly age slower and sexual function is less affected past 50 when women typically reach menopause and can no longer reproduce, in contrast with men who can reproduce until late in life. This typically makes them more suitable for younger partners than women of the same age.

On the flip side, on average women live longer and suffer less reduction of brain function.

https://www.livescience.com/1054-wom...es-faster.html
https://www.verywellhealth.com/is-ag...-women-2224332
Yeah I know the science thanks, that wasn't what I was asking. Given the choice between a creaky OH who is too knackered to play with his kids and... an alternative...

It's also less science-y and more patriarchal: older men had more money and "life experience". Women often died im childbrith. New wives, younger, more chance of begetting an heir. Also hence the insistence on virginity to ensure legitimate paternity. That has always made bugger all sense to me. There's never any doubt who the mother is, is there.


Is is Maggie Gyllanhaal, the mid 30s actress who was famously told she was too old to screentest against an actor in his 50s? The role was for his wife/GF. This is seen as "normal" yet the reverse would cause ripples.

Age gaps, no age gaps, whatever works. Chemistry is the most important thing. Holding and maintaining interest, an ability to dance in the rain, as the poster says.

Obviously great sex helps too.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #134  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:11
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,320
Groaned at 393 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 20,050 Times in 10,434 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Lol, not for the guy
This may depend. How do you think Macron is doing?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #135  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Lol, not for the guy
Why?

Works for lots or men. Very attractive men. Hugh Jackman comes to mind. Any why wouldn't he...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #136  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:17
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 288
Groaned at 199 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 995 Times in 467 Posts
Full Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
This may depend. How do you think Macron is doing?
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:22
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,320
Groaned at 393 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 20,050 Times in 10,434 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post


Let's adjust Chuff's Law Of Nature a little.

A young partner with an old mind? Or an old partner with a young mind.

Ha!
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #138  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post


Let's adjust Chuff's Law Of Nature a little.

A young partner with an old mind? Or an old partner with a young mind.

Ha!
This.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:23
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,722
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,567 Times in 7,525 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post
Because, generally speaking, men and women age differently from a biological perspective. Men mature and visibly age slower and sexual function is less affected past 50 when women typically reach menopause and can no longer reproduce, in contrast with men who can reproduce until late in life. This typically makes them more suitable for younger partners than women of the same age.

On the flip side, on average women live longer and suffer less reduction of brain function.

https://www.livescience.com/1054-wom...es-faster.html
https://www.verywellhealth.com/is-ag...-women-2224332


I tell you a secret: It's not the reproduction bit that makes sex fun. And actually the best time is when you can stop worrying about that.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #140  
Old 04.03.2020, 17:27
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,308
Groaned at 294 Times in 223 Posts
Thanked 19,027 Times in 6,637 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss men and dating

Quote:
View Post


I tell you a secret: It's not the reproduction bit that makes sex fun. And actually the best time is when you can stop worrying about that.
I sometimes think we have Andy Stitzer here on the forum
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
man in skirts, mctav's vegan sausage, men, poorer, swiss, uneducated




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swiss men dating culture youdunsay Daily life 80 02.09.2018 23:00
Dating Swiss Men? Turtledove23 Daily life 161 15.03.2018 22:33
dating swiss men blueshrimp General off-topic 107 26.03.2016 22:23
Swiss Dating Websites reddog Daily life 29 07.05.2014 19:13
Swiss dating sexuality Phil_MCR Daily life 187 11.07.2012 20:38


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0