Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08.06.2020, 21:13
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,019
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Goodness, just clocked-in to this thread after the lockdown lockerungen.
Has everyone become mad (me not included), or what is thread about.

Any summary highly appreciated!

Something on those lines: https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p08dy...afghan-refugee
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #62  
Old 08.06.2020, 21:15
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,019
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...



With Greenmount's scene thrown in and you've got more or less the whole film:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_uINM_XI6I
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #63  
Old 08.06.2020, 21:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,019
Groaned at 277 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 5,671 Times in 2,591 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
With Greenmount's scene thrown in and you've got more or less the whole film:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_uINM_XI6I
Oh, that's good.
Was worried for a second that it implicated me.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08.06.2020, 21:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,019
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Oh, that's good.
Was worried for a second that it implicated me.


Feel free to join the madness!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #65  
Old 08.06.2020, 21:55
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,019
Groaned at 277 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 5,671 Times in 2,591 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Feel free to join the madness!
Thanks, but I've used the lockdown to clear my head (believe that and you'll believe anything). In the meantime have quite a few accepted and published posts on the NY Times for all the stuff happening over there (and even get 'likes'). They monitor each contribution, and only post internationally once vetted.

Just a tip for anyone getting crazy and wanting to break-out of the lockdown...
But I reserve my right to post here, is that OK?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #66  
Old 08.06.2020, 22:04
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,144
Groaned at 87 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 18,843 Times in 8,390 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, but I've used the lockdown to clear my head (believe that and you'll believe anything). In the meantime have quite a few accepted and published posts on the NY Times for all the stuff happening over there (and even get 'likes'). They monitor each contribution, and only post internationally once vetted.

Just a tip for anyone getting crazy and wanting to break-out of the lockdown...
But I reserve my right to post here, is that OK?
Feel free to post here. Just note that McTav has been sharing his love life and daring to accept advice from EF members, so take that for what it's worth.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #67  
Old 08.06.2020, 22:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,019
Groaned at 277 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 5,671 Times in 2,591 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Feel free to post here. Just note that McTav has been sharing his love life and daring to accept advice from EF members, so take that for what it's worth.
Oh, far, far better.
Waiting...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #68  
Old 09.06.2020, 06:18
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,019
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Oh, far, far better.
Waiting...


...for Godot!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #69  
Old 09.06.2020, 06:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Mr Darcy with a Scottish accent, albeit very soft...is it compatible?
Yes. Scottish accent is very cool....even for a Darcy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I hope everything goes well for you this time around. Provided you'll avoid all restaurants within a 50 km radius for a while, just to be on the "safe" side...

Btw, did you bump again into "a certain person with a certain aversion for anything that might upset anything alive"? All good now? You've got us EF worried a week ago....
(well, not really....we know you can manage every delicate situation)


Quote:
View Post
Oh, that's good.
Was worried for a second that it implicated me.
@ZuriRollt, we're taking clues from McT and try to describe through movie scenes and English literature characters what's happening in McT's life as we're not allowed to debate it here.(and for good reasons obviously)

Hope you got the right explanations for the madness here. It's all in jest.

Last edited by greenmount; 09.06.2020 at 09:47.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #70  
Old 09.06.2020, 15:28
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,019
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Yes. Scottish accent is very cool....even for a Darcy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I hope everything goes well for you this time around. Provided you'll avoid all restaurants within a 50 km radius for a while, just to be on the "safe" side...

Btw, did you bump again into "a certain person with a certain aversion for anything that might upset anything alive"? All good now? You've got us EF worried a week ago....
(well, not really....we know you can manage every delicate situation)




@ZuriRollt, we're taking clues from McT and try to describe through movie scenes and English literature characters what's happening in McT's life as we're not allowed to debate it here.(and for good reasons obviously)

Hope you got the right explanations for the madness here. It's all in jest.


I didn't bump into X, I agreed to have a face / face conversation as she felt she had some unfinished business and I am too much of a gentleman to refuse a lady the opportunity to tell me how wrong I am. In the end, it went quite well, a bit like this:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYS1uD9p6I




...obviously without the drama, the swearing, the slapping and the sex!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #71  
Old 09.06.2020, 16:01
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,607
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,406 Times in 7,447 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
......the end, it went quite well, a bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYS1uD9p6I


...obviously without the drama, the swearing, the slapping and the sex!
So only the bucket of water then.

Now I wonder, much more interesting - which third person poured it?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #72  
Old 09.06.2020, 16:02
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,428
Groaned at 634 Times in 406 Posts
Thanked 16,151 Times in 6,313 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
I didn't bump into X, I agreed to have a face / face conversation as she felt she had some unfinished business and I am too much of a gentleman to refuse a lady the opportunity to tell me how wrong I am. In the end, it went quite well, a bit like this:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYS1uD9p6I




...obviously without the drama, the swearing, the slapping and the sex!
So basically, you've wasted your time for some blablabla.

Last edited by lost_inbroad; 09.06.2020 at 16:33.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #73  
Old 09.06.2020, 20:42
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,019
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
So basically, you've wasted your time for some blablabla.
I KNEW you were going to be disappointed! Sorry, Master, it won't happen again!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #74  
Old 09.06.2020, 20:48
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,428
Groaned at 634 Times in 406 Posts
Thanked 16,151 Times in 6,313 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
I KNEW you were going to be disappointed! Sorry, Master, it won't happen again!
That's alright McT, live and learn, live and learn.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10.06.2020, 08:48
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
I didn't bump into X, I agreed to have a face / face conversation as she felt she had some unfinished business and I am too much of a gentleman to refuse a lady the opportunity to tell me how wrong I am. In the end, it went quite well, a bit like this:

...obviously without the drama, the swearing, the slapping and the sex!
Oh. No drama then, eh? How disappointing.
TMI....TMI, McTav

I guess she (unfortunately) misread your intentions/feelings/interest. You were probably too nice so to speak. Wish you good luck next time!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0