Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 07.10.2020, 22:24
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 569
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 753 Times in 297 Posts
eairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

I can categorically state I am disappointed in the Swiss.


As per previous post my 10 days finished yesterday. Freeeeedom!


However, I spent 10 days waiting for a knock at the door by the authorities. Or a phone call. Or email. Even a text.


Partly so I can brag to my UK friends that they do things properly here... partly to justify to myself why genuinely I did not step out of the flat at any point during that time.


They had all the details. What do I get? Nuffin...


Now off to the UK for 14 days chokey, followed by another 10 of Cell Block H here.


Stay safe, all. Staying sane is optional.


Regards






Ian
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank eairicbloodaxe for this useful post:
  #82  
Old 07.10.2020, 22:58
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Up there over the fog
Posts: 1,413
Groaned at 172 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 1,680 Times in 827 Posts
JackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

sorry, apart from the disappointment about the Swiss not checking - why on earth would you trvel back and forth just to isolate 14 days there, and return to 10 days here, and again??? What is the point?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07.10.2020, 23:02
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Up there over the fog
Posts: 1,413
Groaned at 172 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 1,680 Times in 827 Posts
JackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Same if we go to UK- we are in a flat, on second floor- with no garden. So if we have to self isolate there for 14 days with our dog, what then???


We could get a dog walker for day time- but probably will not find one that will come at 8am and again at 10.30pm. So just can't go- as our elderly dog, abandonned by her previous owners- is so traumatised that she just can't go into kennels- she has to be with us all the time. Just impossible.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07.10.2020, 23:19
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 10,922
Groaned at 82 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 18,298 Times in 8,176 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
I can categorically state I am disappointed in the Swiss.

As per previous post my 10 days finished yesterday. Freeeeedom!

However, I spent 10 days waiting for a knock at the door by the authorities. Or a phone call. Or email. Even a text.
Sounds like your neighbors did their job of reporting your activities (or lack thereof) to the authorities.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #85  
Old 10.10.2020, 13:41
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hausen am Albis, ZH
Posts: 242
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 396 Times in 151 Posts
Massa has an excellent reputationMassa has an excellent reputationMassa has an excellent reputationMassa has an excellent reputation
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Quote:
View Post
Crazy. Makes it totally un-doable for me, as I can’t not take my dog outside for 10 days
Conflicting advice from the track & trace. Here in Zurich Canton, friends were told by the authorities it was fine to walk the dog twice a day whilst under isolation/quarantine. However, they live in a house in the countryside and can often do that without seeing a soul. No one ever visited or called during the 10 day isolation period.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10.10.2020, 13:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 395
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 168 Times in 104 Posts
Superfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthy
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
I can categorically state I am disappointed in the Swiss.


As per previous post my 10 days finished yesterday. Freeeeedom!


However, I spent 10 days waiting for a knock at the door by the authorities. Or a phone call. Or email. Even a text.


Partly so I can brag to my UK friends that they do things properly here... partly to justify to myself why genuinely I did not step out of the flat at any point during that time.


They had all the details. What do I get? Nuffin...


Now off to the UK for 14 days chokey, followed by another 10 of Cell Block H here.


Stay safe, all. Staying sane is optional.


Regards


Ian
You expect too much

Also many people asked how the details given in the plane are confirmed? They ask for name, contact and address.

If you put john smith, 12534576, somewhere in the neverland nobody will check this.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10.10.2020, 16:48
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,639
Groaned at 354 Times in 295 Posts
Thanked 12,983 Times in 6,146 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
You expect too much

Also many people asked how the details given in the plane are confirmed? They ask for name, contact and address.

If you put john smith, 12534576, somewhere in the neverland nobody will check this.
But if there is an infected person on board, I´d imagine they will contact the airline, who has your information?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #88  
Old 10.10.2020, 16:55
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 10,922
Groaned at 82 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 18,298 Times in 8,176 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
But if there is an infected person on board, I´d imagine they will contact the airline, who has your information?
It's been a while since I read it, but I thought the airlines were giving passenger info to the Zurich cantonal police, who in turn were sharing it with other cantons - even though supposedly it's not supposed to work that way due to confidentiality laws or something
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #89  
Old 10.10.2020, 17:48
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 4,011
Groaned at 191 Times in 140 Posts
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,544 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
But if there is an infected person on board, I´d imagine they will contact the airline, who has your information?
Some Online Agencies, like Opedo or Bookings.com etc absolutely refuse to give the airlines your details. Some will even use their own credit cards to pay and charge your credit card, keeping these details from the airline (so any refund has to go through them).

What I always do, when booking this way, is to call the airline and give them my contact details. It has saved my bacon a couple of times when flights have been delayed or cancelled. I’ve been able to sort out the problem without waiting for the agency to even wake up.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:
  #90  
Old 10.10.2020, 21:27
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: zugish
Posts: 203
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 169 Times in 91 Posts
mossie has earned the respect of manymossie has earned the respect of manymossie has earned the respect of many
Re: Quarantine police

I must go to a high risk country for work emergency as I work in Medical field, currently waiting on paperwork to be finalized on Israeli side. The Swiss say I don’t need to quarantine on return as I’m exempted due to nature of my work if I’m there less than 5 days but in this case I must do 14 days quarantine in Israel followed by 4 weeks works so I will have to quarantine on return.

Question is can I isolate in my home On return with family or do I need to check myself in a hotel here for another 10 days as kids and wife will be in and out school etc?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10.10.2020, 21:31
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 12,334
Groaned at 200 Times in 177 Posts
Thanked 19,953 Times in 8,248 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
I must go to a high risk country for work emergency as I work in Medical field, currently waiting on paperwork to be finalized on Israeli side. The Swiss say I don’t need to quarantine on return as I’m exempted due to nature of my work if I’m there less than 5 days but in this case I must do 14 days quarantine in Israel followed by 4 weeks works so I will have to quarantine on return.

Question is can I isolate in my home On return with family or do I need to check myself in a hotel here for another 10 days as kids and wife will be in and out school etc?
You can isolate in your home without them having to quarantine with you if you can stay totally separate from them.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #92  
Old 10.10.2020, 23:01
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Zurich
Posts: 703
Groaned at 62 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 1,590 Times in 614 Posts
terrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Quote:
View Post
Conflicting advice from the track & trace. Here in Zurich Canton, friends were told by the authorities it was fine to walk the dog twice a day whilst under isolation/quarantine. However, they live in a house in the countryside and can often do that without seeing a soul. No one ever visited or called during the 10 day isolation period.
Fascinating as I called the Zurich Covid hotline and I was told that I was not allowed to walk my dog under any circumstances

I guess it all depends on which Covid operator with whom one is having the conversation! Again, I wish there was more consistency here as I spent 10 days and didn't step foot outside our flat nor in our garden because I was told not to...
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10.10.2020, 23:34
Mélusine's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lutry
Posts: 3,882
Groaned at 32 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 5,469 Times in 2,206 Posts
Mélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Quote:
View Post
Fascinating as I called the Zurich Covid hotline and I was told that I was not allowed to walk my dog under any circumstances

I guess it all depends on which Covid operator with whom one is having the conversation! Again, I wish there was more consistency here as I spent 10 days and didn't step foot outside our flat nor in our garden because I was told not to...
I was told I could, but with a mask on and only quick toilet breaks just outside my place (I live in an appartement).
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Mélusine for this useful post:
  #94  
Old 11.10.2020, 01:46
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,889
Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Quote:
View Post
Again, I wish there was more consistency here as I spent 10 days and didn't step foot outside our flat nor in our garden because I was told not to...
That's the same advice given to our neighbour who's currently quarantining as she has a house guest from a country on the list staying for a few months. She's been told she's not allowed to go into the garden, she wears a mask to use the washing machine in the keller and had her first check visit on the 3rd day of quarantine. Between us, we've been bleaching surfaces in the wash keller since March, so I have no qualms about her doing her washing.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #95  
Old 12.10.2020, 21:57
gata's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3,862
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,683 Posts
gata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Im coming back from Paris tomorrow but should be exempt from quarantine. Im going to declare myself anyway and lets see what will happen
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12.10.2020, 22:43
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,807
Groaned at 193 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 13,308 Times in 6,940 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Quote:
View Post
Im coming back from Paris tomorrow but should be exempt from quarantine. Im going to declare myself anyway and lets see what will happen
Why should you be exempt? Genuine question.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12.10.2020, 22:56
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 1,006
Groaned at 415 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,141 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Quote:
View Post
Im coming back from Paris tomorrow but should be exempt from quarantine. Im going to declare myself anyway and lets see what will happen
Why declare yourself when you’re exempt anyway? the rules are pretty clear about who is exempt.

In fact, it baffles me why anyone would declare themselves anyway coming from a Schengen country? It’s basically forcing oneself under house arrest for something that no would have known or cared about anyway
Reply With Quote
This user groans at TonyClifton for this post:
  #98  
Old 13.10.2020, 00:07
gata's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3,862
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,683 Posts
gata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spazieren statt Quarantäne kostet Mann 2750 Franken

Quote:
View Post
Why should you be exempt? Genuine question.
I was working at Roland Garros and its considered a cultural event where all precautions are taken so its part of the exeption list.

Quote:
View Post
Why declare yourself when you’re exempt anyway? the rules are pretty clear about who is exempt.

In fact, it baffles me why anyone would declare themselves anyway coming from a Schengen country? It’s basically forcing oneself under house arrest for something that no would have known or cared about anyway
I agree with you but apparently we have to declare ourselves anyway and then we get an email asking for details. Please prove me wrong, i don't want to get stuck at home for 10 days!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank gata for this useful post:
  #99  
Old 13.10.2020, 01:46
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 569
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 753 Times in 297 Posts
eairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
sorry, apart from the disappointment about the Swiss not checking - why on earth would you trvel back and forth just to isolate 14 days there, and return to 10 days here, and again??? What is the point?
I travel home to the UK to be with the Lovely Missus who lives there... and due to the 10 days quarantine I had to do in Switzerland on returning from France (brought in whilst we were there) I can't claim my usual weekly traveller exemption.

I have to come back for another 10 days in Switzerland because my permit needs renewing and I have to attend an appointment here.

And... I work here. Yes, I can and do work from home sometimes, but its no substitute for being in the office.

Unfortunately, this time the rules have caught me. That is the point.

Regards


Ian
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank eairicbloodaxe for this useful post:
  #100  
Old 13.10.2020, 11:21
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 1,006
Groaned at 415 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,141 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quarantine police

Quote:
View Post
I travel home to the UK to be with the Lovely Missus who lives there... and due to the 10 days quarantine I had to do in Switzerland on returning from France (brought in whilst we were there) I can't claim my usual weekly traveller exemption.

I have to come back for another 10 days in Switzerland because my permit needs renewing and I have to attend an appointment here.

And... I work here. Yes, I can and do work from home sometimes, but its no substitute for being in the office.

Unfortunately, this time the rules have caught me. That is the point.

Regards

Ian
How can you renew your permit and attend an appointment when you're doing quarantine?

Quote:
View Post
I was working at Roland Garros and its considered a cultural event where all precautions are taken so its part of the exeption list.

I agree with you but apparently we have to declare ourselves anyway and then we get an email asking for details. Please prove me wrong, i don't want to get stuck at home for 10 days!
I can't prove you wrong I'm afraid, all I can say is that is that it's up to you if you register or not, and that it's highly unlikely you'll be found out if you don't register.

This is my main problem with the quarantine regulation, it's not where one goes that effects whether one will spread the virus, rather how one behaves. It's prudent to be careful when returning from a risk area however it's nonsensical to be placed under house arrest.

Registering your arrival is tantamount to self-incrimination in my opinion. Sure work from home for 10 days, avoid contact with others, but why should you by fined anything up to 10,000 chf for going out for a walk?!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Basel Euroairport UK Quarantine! solomalee Travel/day trips/free time 42 01.02.2021 23:03
UK - New travel quarantine rules Castro Daily life 102 02.11.2020 21:00
Survive the quarantine for newly arrived jjjcat Daily life 50 16.07.2020 11:48
Could the Rep of Ireland end their 14 day Quarantine period before the UK does ? John William International affairs/politics 0 08.06.2020 17:57
Quarantine for dog coming from the US? Xlator Pet corner 2 03.10.2011 12:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0