Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.01.2021, 21:39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: zurich
Posts: 439
Groaned at 46 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 86 Times in 49 Posts
Jamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeable
hair saloon - the best

I'm looking for a Hair saloon (for womens hair)
in Zurich
I've tried a few and haven't found one I like.

Anyone have recommendation on a quality place.

Price point -- I've been paying a lot of money for not so great quality, so at this point I'm looking for the BEST and then I'll start to look at price.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.01.2021, 22:12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: hair saloon - the best

I have been very happy with Caroline Rohwer hair salon near Kreutzplatz, Zurich. I use Belinda but have also tried Caroline (the owner) and Renna and both are very good as well.

Here is a link to their website:

https://www.carolinerohwer.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11.01.2021, 12:32
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
jlanzon has no particular reputation at present
Re: hair saloon - the best

I've been very happy with Mags Fleming. She's a native English speaker who will come and provide salon services in your home. You can check out her services and prices on her website: www.magsfleminghair.com/
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jlanzon for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 11.01.2021, 23:32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: zurich
Posts: 439
Groaned at 46 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 86 Times in 49 Posts
Jamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeable
Re: hair saloon - the best

thank you both, I'll look into both these suggestions.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12.01.2021, 09:47
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: ZURICH
Posts: 51
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts
alohahw has made some interesting contributions
Re: hair saloon - the best

Quote:
View Post
I'm looking for a Hair saloon (for womens hair)
in Zurich
I've tried a few and haven't found one I like.

Anyone have recommendation on a quality place.

Price point -- I've been paying a lot of money for not so great quality, so at this point I'm looking for the BEST and then I'll start to look at price.

I have thick Asian hair and i struggled finding a good hair salon. And i finally found iro iro https://www.iro-iro.ch/

Highly recommend this cute salon. It has only 2 seats and very private!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22.12.2021, 16:05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: zurich
Posts: 439
Groaned at 46 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 86 Times in 49 Posts
Jamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeable
Re: hair saloon - the best

UPDATE:
I have been to about 3 or 4 Saloons here in Zurich since I asked the question. Some are from the recommendations here and some from recommendations by others.

And wow -- I don't know what else to say but WOW.
On my way to work I see about 1million barbershops and saloons in my 30min commute.
You'd think with that many I could find one that isn't BAD. Seriously, I can understand a bad one here or there but I was just at a place today (that cost way tooooo much) and they colored my hair the wrong color (and I didn't ask it to be colored). The last place I went to I had to return 2 times to fix what they did.

I've been asking around and friends of mine all say they won't even get their hair done here in Zurich -- they wait until they leave on a vacation and do it there because everywhere is better than here.

Just a little venting -- and I've decided to follow my friends advice and get it done while outside the country.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Jamboree for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 22.12.2021, 16:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 11,139
Groaned at 356 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 16,451 Times in 8,364 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hair saloon - the best

Quote:
View Post
You'd think with that many I could find one that isn't BAD. Seriously, I can understand a bad one here or there but I was just at a place today (that cost way tooooo much) and they colored my hair the wrong color (and I didn't ask it to be colored). The last place I went to I had to return 2 times to fix what they did.

I've been asking around and friends of mine all say they won't even get their hair done here in Zurich -- they wait until they leave on a vacation and do it there because everywhere is better than here.

Just a little venting -- and I've decided to follow my friends advice and get it done while outside the country.
Thank you for your venting, we appreciate your service!


To their merit though, at least here I came across only to mediocre hairdressers, back home I had both excellent and catastrophic ones (two times only but enough to shake my confidence in this profession for ever ).

I always ask for something rather classic now and explain in detail, with pictures, what I want from them. It works relatively well.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22.12.2021, 17:06
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,481
Groaned at 251 Times in 212 Posts
Thanked 22,659 Times in 9,252 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hair saloon - the best

Hairdressing was not my first thought when I read the title of the thread.
I was thinking of a wild west drinking establishment and wondering what hair had to do with it.

I now know they mean what we Brits call hair salons.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 22.12.2021, 19:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,650
Groaned at 405 Times in 223 Posts
Thanked 6,465 Times in 2,971 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hair saloon - the best

Quote:
View Post
UPDATE:
I have been to about 3 or 4 Saloons here in Zurich since I asked the question. Some are from the recommendations here and some from recommendations by others.

And wow -- I don't know what else to say but WOW.
On my way to work I see about 1million barbershops and saloons in my 30min commute.
You'd think with that many I could find one that isn't BAD. Seriously, I can understand a bad one here or there but I was just at a place today (that cost way tooooo much) and they colored my hair the wrong color (and I didn't ask it to be colored). The last place I went to I had to return 2 times to fix what they did.

I've been asking around and friends of mine all say they won't even get their hair done here in Zurich -- they wait until they leave on a vacation and do it there because everywhere is better than here.

Just a little venting -- and I've decided to follow my friends advice and get it done while outside the country.
OK, then maybe I should have recommended mine the first time around. It has been my Coiffure in Zurich since well over 20 years - and I’m there every 3 weeks since my grey is more than my dark (but you can also have long hair like my daughter, and then you only need to go as often as you need of course).

But beware - it’s not that cheap - and you will probably need to wait a while for your first appointment, as they are well booked since decades.

http://www.haene.ch/

I personally would book with Rene - my hairdresser since over a couple of decades (who also owns the business), or Charlotte if you have long hair. Rene speaks perfect English and is a great person btw - not sure about Charlottes English.

There are about five or six other stylists there as well (all good), but my personal recommendation would be the above two. I would give you a personal recommendation for an appointment, but I don’t know you .

But if you don’t want any surprises, a wonderful but relaxed (not stuffy) environment, a great haircut from really professional staff that have run this highly successful business over many decades, then can highly recommend this Zurich treasure .
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23.12.2021, 18:17
Cherub's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Baselstadt
Posts: 924
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,116 Times in 501 Posts
Cherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hair saloon - the best

Why didn't you point out to the stylist that you didn't want your hair to be coloured? I don't think I would have just sat there and let them do it if I hadn't booked for that service.

Is there a language barrier? When I first came to live in Basel about 6 years ago the hairdresser I found spoke only Italian, no German or English. He now speaks good German and has learned the odd English word or two. My German is pretty basic, but it's enough for me to have a conversation with him and let him know what I want. I pay 160f every 5 weeks for colour, cut and blow dry, this includes a masque treatment after colouring. He also cuts my husband's hair.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 23.12.2021, 19:22
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 6,078
Groaned at 349 Times in 252 Posts
Thanked 8,343 Times in 3,908 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hair saloon - the best

Quote:
View Post
I pay 160f every 5 weeks for colour, cut and blow dry, this includes a masque treatment after colouring. He also cuts my husband's hair.
Mine gott! I pay f25 every 8 weeks. Sometimes I leave a f5 tip. No colour or blow dry though. But who needs it?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23.12.2021, 20:07
Cherub's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Baselstadt
Posts: 924
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,116 Times in 501 Posts
Cherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hair saloon - the best

Having my hair done and buying good hair products is my one indulgence, always has been. It makes me feel good to have nice hair and makeup on. I was bald for over a year due to chemo when I had cancer 15 years ago.

Even when I lived in Scotland I spent £70 plus every 5 weeks. I don't spend money on a lot of clothes or things I don't need.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Cherub for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
English Speaking Hair Saloon Near Brugg/Birr RollOfTheDiaz Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 0 27.06.2014 20:46
Hair care products website for women/men with african/asian hair texture Wife of a swiss Commercial 1 31.07.2012 00:02
Bodybuilding/Weightlifting Saloon in Horgen or Wädenswil (oder Zürich) Jonesy Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 4 06.01.2012 01:56
Anyone recommend a skin whitening product or beauty saloon/dermatologist? tutifruti Other/general 1 05.09.2011 11:24
Cheap bodybuilding saloon in Lugano? castromj Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 3 05.09.2010 15:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0