Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.01.2021, 23:10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 11 Posts
FabioSuave has no particular reputation at present
Escaping the US to CH

I am a 24 year old dual citizen of america and switzerland. I was born in america and received swiss citizenship from my father at birth. Amid civil unrest and domestic terror in the US lead by president trump himself, I have been looking into saving up enough money to move to CH. I have visited a handful of times to visit my father, but I have never lived there. And I am no longer on speaking terms with my father, so if I were to make the transition I would be supporting myself entirely.



Please give me guidance/advice, I really wish to leave the US but have no money and don't know where to start. I am currently in the process of starting a gofundme campaign to raise money for my departure, but also for emergency relief because i have no money or food at home.


to give you more info about me, i am currently in school for massage therapy and will be finishing soon. i work as a window cleaner and do not speak much swiss-german but i can manage to understand more high german. open to any questions or suggestions, thanks.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank FabioSuave for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 10.01.2021, 10:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 394
Groaned at 29 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 854 Times in 401 Posts
leonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Welcome to the forum! Which Gemeinde are you citizen of?
I guess you could start by finishing your education and saving some money for the move. And learn German.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10.01.2021, 11:01
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 4,992
Groaned at 90 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 5,196 Times in 2,416 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Send applications to hotels for jobs as a massage therapist. Start looking in big tourist resorts like Verbier, St Moritz, Zermatt etc. Maybe too late for this winter and with Covid jobs are scarce, but you should find a massage job for next winter with a Swiss passport (make that clear on applications). You need a job lined up as Switzerland is expensive. Also work on your French & German.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 10.01.2021, 11:13
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SZ
Posts: 10,688
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 24,864 Times in 7,777 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

You might consider getting involved in the Organization Of Swiss Abroad, they could be a good resource for information as you plan your move.

As an example, their website discusses return migration:

https://www.swisscommunity.org/en/em...turn-migration
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 10.01.2021, 11:28
Sonnenbrand's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Small Farm
Posts: 195
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 182 Times in 90 Posts
Sonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of many
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Not to deter you... but keep in mind Switzerland is very expensive compared to Kansas City. I moved here from somewhere with similar costs as KC and still amazed 6 years later how little I walk out of the grocery store with, after spending 100 or more.

Wouldn't attempt to move here with less than say 15-20k in savings if you have to fully support yourself.

Plane ticket, temporary accommodation until you rent a place, 1st-month rent, and security depostit. That's probably 5k or more easily right there. Possible utility service deposits.

German classes 500-1000 a month, food 300-600 month, mandatory health insurance 200-300 month, mobile phone 75-100 month, etc.

It's difficult for many foreigners to find employment right after arrival, especially during this time period. So having a cushion of savings is probably necessary.

I am not trying to deter you but the reality is, it simply costs a lot to move to Switzerland and make a go of it. The German language is super important to your job possibilities if you are moving to a German region of CH, it can make all the difference even if you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Most jobs look for A2 language level as a minimum and B1 or B2 is what I see more frequently requested.

With Biden becoming elected in a matter of days and Trump on the way out, it likely to get better in the United States.
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank Sonnenbrand for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 10.01.2021, 11:36
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 4,992
Groaned at 90 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 5,196 Times in 2,416 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

If the OP was to get a massage job (before coming) with a large hotel in a large resort, they might be able to find an employer that provides a room or studio. That brings the costs down significantly when first arriving.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 10.01.2021, 11:40
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 6,684
Groaned at 304 Times in 209 Posts
Thanked 15,533 Times in 4,755 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Isn't Kansas City part of the bible belt? Perhaps it would be easier to find a job on the West Coast/East Coast instead.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 10.01.2021, 12:47
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 3,999
Groaned at 191 Times in 140 Posts
Thanked 5,362 Times in 2,529 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
Send applications to hotels for jobs as a massage therapist. Start looking in big tourist resorts like Verbier, St Moritz, Zermatt etc. Maybe too late for this winter and with Covid jobs are scarce, but you should find a massage job for next winter with a Swiss passport (make that clear on applications). You need a job lined up as Switzerland is expensive. Also work on your French, German or Italian.
ftfy
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 10.01.2021, 12:50
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 21,722
Groaned at 386 Times in 298 Posts
Thanked 16,658 Times in 9,409 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Yes, Covid is another problem. Atm no US citizens are being let in, though you might be able to do it with your Swiss one, but only if you have a Swiss passport.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11.01.2021, 00:25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 11 Posts
FabioSuave has no particular reputation at present
hello thank you for the welcome and advice! I am registered with the Canton of Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Send applications to hotels for jobs as a massage therapist. Start looking in big tourist resorts like Verbier, St Moritz, Zermatt etc. Maybe too late for this winter and with Covid jobs are scarce, but you should find a massage job for next winter with a Swiss passport (make that clear on applications). You need a job lined up as Switzerland is expensive. Also work on your French & German.

thank you for this advice!

Quote:
View Post
You might consider getting involved in the Organization Of Swiss Abroad, they could be a good resource for information as you plan your move.

As an example, their website discusses return migration:

https://www.swisscommunity.org/en/em...turn-migration

Thank you for this information! That link is very useful

Quote:
View Post
Not to deter you... but keep in mind Switzerland is very expensive compared to Kansas City. I moved here from somewhere with similar costs as KC and still amazed 6 years later how little I walk out of the grocery store with, after spending 100 or more.

Wouldn't attempt to move here with less than say 15-20k in savings if you have to fully support yourself.

Plane ticket, temporary accommodation until you rent a place, 1st-month rent, and security depostit. That's probably 5k or more easily right there. Possible utility service deposits.

German classes 500-1000 a month, food 300-600 month, mandatory health insurance 200-300 month, mobile phone 75-100 month, etc.

It's difficult for many foreigners to find employment right after arrival, especially during this time period. So having a cushion of savings is probably necessary.

I am not trying to deter you but the reality is, it simply costs a lot to move to Switzerland and make a go of it. The German language is super important to your job possibilities if you are moving to a German region of CH, it can make all the difference even if you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Most jobs look for A2 language level as a minimum and B1 or B2 is what I see more frequently requested.

With Biden becoming elected in a matter of days and Trump on the way out, it likely to get better in the United States.

Thank you for the advice! I am determined to continue my German studies, and the examples of expenses you provided helps me work out a budget plan. I am hopeful for Biden's leadership but would still prefer to see myself in another country in the near future.

Quote:
View Post
If the OP was to get a massage job (before coming) with a large hotel in a large resort, they might be able to find an employer that provides a room or studio. That brings the costs down significantly when first arriving.

this is a very good idea! thank you for recommending, now I know where to direct my interest once I finish massage school in the spring.

Quote:
View Post
First question is did your father register your birth with the Swiss embassy/consulate in America? Because ...

"Art. 7 Loss by being born abroad

1 A child born abroad to a Swiss parent who is a citizen of another country forfeits Swiss citizenship on reaching the age of 25, unless his or her birth has been notified to a Swiss authority abroad or in Switzerland or he or she has declared in writing that he or she wishes to remain a Swiss citizen."

https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifi...990/index.html

If you weren't registered or haven't declared you wish to retain your Swiss citizenship at the Swiss embassy/consulate then you will no longer have Swiss nationality since you also have American/Italian.

That said you could still move here with your Italian nationality, but for that you're going to need a job lined up as you would get no assistance from the Swiss government.

Second, where is your mother in all this? Are you really saying you have no money/food in your place and haven't asked her for help? You could afford to pay for the massage therapy training, but can't afford food?

thank you for the information! I was registered with the embassy in Switzerland itself, I own all current valid Swiss identification (ID, passport). As for my mother, she lives in Kansas City as well, as she is my American parent. She helps me as much as she can, but things are tough for all of us here so it's still not much. I actually have temporarily left my massage training school because I can no longer afford them, and they are allowing me to pick up where I left off whenever I can afford to come back. I know it seems far-fetched, but that truly is the situation for me here in America (I don't know if you live here or in CH so it may be hard to understand). I have about $35 USD to my name at the moment, last night a friend sent me $20 for food, and that is how I will be getting by until my next paycheck.

Quote:
View Post
Yes, Covid is another problem. Atm no US citizens are being let in, though you might be able to do it with your Swiss one, but only if you have a Swiss passport.

I do thankfully own a valid Swiss passport

Quote:
View Post
Moving countries to escape Covid would:

a) be per se ludicrous for a 24 year old; and

b) taken in the round Switzerland is at least as dangerous as the US (slower vaccination, probably closer to mutant wave, nearly as many deaths anyway).

Escaping Trump is also very silly especially given the fact he has 10 days in office left.

The OP seems to be a bit immature and not really approaching a serious international move without any substantive plans. With a low skill level and no dialect finding a job would be tough at the minute given that this pandemic has hit low skilled workers hard.

Switzerland is not a place to be poor and unskilled. I'd stay in Kansas City.

sorry to hear you feel that way about my decision. I have a lot of planning done that I did not include in the article because I wanted to keep it short and to the point. Also many Americans do not have much faith in President-Elect Biden as well, and even if things were to get better I would like to still carry on with a transition to CH when the time is right. I have plenty of time to pick up experience and I am not a complete stranger to German having taking it for years in school, but I agree it would be difficult.

Quote:
View Post
Kansas City is definitely not a deep republican area. Jackson County which covers the bulk of the city is c. 60-40 dem-republican in an even year. Some of the suburbs are in marginally republican counties - but nothing deep red.

Maybe it would be a good move for him if he can sit and breathe and make a decent plan.

you are correct, Kansas city is not a terribly deep republican area but the state of Missouri as a whole still voted red. And our state representative who is republic has made a fool of himself by being one of the few to public encourage and defend the invasion of the capitol hill building.

Quote:
View Post
Maybe you can try to mend your relation with your father or family on his side, you'd really need their help in the first phase.....unless you have a fat savings account* and can use it till you get a job. But with your qualifications and Covid etc - not very easy imo.
*which apparently you don't.

I agree with this. Although it is not my first priority to mend things with him, I do have cousins I believe are willing to house me until I make enough for my own place. I just don't want my father to know I'm in CH, as I wish to live my own life without him. It may seem harsh to say as I know family is very important to many people, but he and I had a falling out that made me upset enough to not speak to him again the last time I visited. I believe I have only seen him about 8 or 9 times in my life that I can remember.

Quote:
View Post
Bear in mind, with a Swiss passport you are not limited to living and working in Switzerland, you have the whole EU available including English speaking Ireland and Malta. Start applying for massage jobs and see what happens.

this is something I never thought of before! thank you for mentioning, that makes me feel better.

Quote:
View Post
first get food before jumping ahead

yes, that is a work in progress. food first.

Quote:
View Post
OP

As you understand German, you may want to read this:

https://www.eda.admin.ch/dam/eda/de/...hweizer_DE.pdf

And in your case particularly this: https://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/de/home...zialhilfe.html

This explains that you may be able to get assistance from the social security department of the municipality you choose to settle in until you sort yourself out.

thank you for this incredibly helpful information!

Quote:
View Post
Start with this form to get in the jobs database if you don't plan to move within the next 2 months https://www.eda.admin.ch/dam/eda/en/...Schweiz_EN.pdf
Read all info in this page https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/i...l-welfare.html
Seems you can even get interest-free loan to pay for your return or even direct help (latter one probably not if you also have american citizenship).
If you come here without a job you can also get social welfare if you have problems getting started, you will probably be able to pay it back after you find a job so no shame in that.
You may have to do (maybe verify this) or want to do military service or civil alternatives, that could be great to learn the language on the ground and get kick started in local society, the money is also OK.

Thank you so much for this information! this helps me assemble a plan to make a transition.

Last edited by roegner; 11.01.2021 at 10:45. Reason: Merging consecutive posts, pls use multi quote button
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank FabioSuave for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 10.01.2021, 12:32
Hausamsee's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 530
Groaned at 99 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 739 Times in 324 Posts
Hausamsee has a reputation beyond reputeHausamsee has a reputation beyond reputeHausamsee has a reputation beyond reputeHausamsee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
I am a 24 year old dual citizen of america and switzerland. I was born in america and received swiss citizenship from my father at birth. Amid civil unrest and domestic terror in the US lead by president trump himself, I have been looking into saving up enough money to move to CH. I have visited a handful of times to visit my father, but I have never lived there. And I am no longer on speaking terms with my father, so if I were to make the transition I would be supporting myself entirely.



Please give me guidance/advice, I really wish to leave the US but have no money and don't know where to start. I am currently in the process of starting a gofundme campaign to raise money for my departure, but also for emergency relief because i have no money or food at home.


to give you more info about me, i am currently in school for massage therapy and will be finishing soon. i work as a window cleaner and do not speak much swiss-german but i can manage to understand more high german. open to any questions or suggestions, thanks.
Pretty dramatic title, escaping is pushing it I think except if you were referring to COVID as Trump and co. didn't get that one under control. I would stay where you are at the moment but start planning to come over in say, 6 months' time. Learn German (or French/Italian depending on where you plan to live) and start networking. Initially you could offer your services as someone posted, to a Hotel, and live-in in exchange. Don't rely on your father but why not re-open some dialogue, he may need your help as much or more than you need his.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Hausamsee for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 10.01.2021, 13:05
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 1,535
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,041 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
Pretty dramatic title, escaping is pushing it I think except if you were referring to COVID as Trump and co. didn't get that one under control. I would stay where you are at the moment but start planning to come over in say, 6 months' time. Learn German (or French/Italian depending on where you plan to live) and start networking. Initially you could offer your services as someone posted, to a Hotel, and live-in in exchange. Don't rely on your father but why not re-open some dialogue, he may need your help as much or more than you need his.

Good luck!
Moving countries to escape Covid would:

a) be per se ludicrous for a 24 year old; and

b) taken in the round Switzerland is at least as dangerous as the US (slower vaccination, probably closer to mutant wave, nearly as many deaths anyway).

Escaping Trump is also very silly especially given the fact he has 10 days in office left.

The OP seems to be a bit immature and not really approaching a serious international move without any substantive plans. With a low skill level and no dialect finding a job would be tough at the minute given that this pandemic has hit low skilled workers hard.

Switzerland is not a place to be poor and unskilled. I'd stay in Kansas City.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 10.01.2021, 13:12
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 4,992
Groaned at 90 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 5,196 Times in 2,416 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
The OP seems to be a bit immature and not really approaching a serious international move without any substantive plans. With a low skill level and no dialect finding a job would be tough at the minute given that this pandemic has hit low skilled workers hard.

Switzerland is not a place to be poor and unskilled. I'd stay in Kansas City.
Maybe a move to Switzerland would be good for the OP’s maturity. Maybe moving abroad and expanding ones horizons should be encouraged given the situation with some Americans right now. Maybe “stay in your deep Republican area” is not the right message!
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 10.01.2021, 13:14
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 30,113
Groaned at 2,145 Times in 1,601 Posts
Thanked 36,107 Times in 17,118 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

OP could come and do an apprenticeship.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 10.01.2021, 13:15
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 1,535
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,041 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
Maybe a move to Switzerland would be good for the OP’s maturity. Maybe moving abroad and expanding ones horizons should be encouraged given the situation with some Americans right now. Maybe “stay in your deep Republican area” is not the right message!
Kansas City is definitely not a deep republican area. Jackson County which covers the bulk of the city is c. 60-40 dem-republican in an even year. Some of the suburbs are in marginally republican counties - but nothing deep red.

Maybe it would be a good move for him if he can sit and breathe and make a decent plan.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 11.01.2021, 17:26
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Horgen
Posts: 1,281
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 908 Times in 446 Posts
kiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputation
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
Maybe a move to Switzerland would be good for the OP’s maturity. Maybe moving abroad and expanding ones horizons should be encouraged given the situation with some Americans right now. Maybe “stay in your deep Republican area” is not the right message!
or he could go to one of the dozens of democrat states? Switzerland is not an easy place to emigrate to. Most immigrants to Switzerland fulfill at least 2 of the criteria

-wealth
-established career
-language skills
-come from an area of proximity to Switzerland

why not try a trial emigration to say Canada
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11.01.2021, 17:56
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 1,191
Groaned at 215 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 2,445 Times in 847 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
or he could go to one of the dozens of democrat states? Switzerland is not an easy place to emigrate to.

why not try a trial emigration to say Canada
Politics is not the only reason to leave the US ... inequality for the working class is most likely a major driver as well. Also, Democrat states are generally much more expensive to live in.

Why would OP go to Canada? Americans can't claim asylum there...not yet at least.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 10.01.2021, 14:06
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,976
Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,557 Times in 7,479 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Quote:
View Post
And I am no longer on speaking terms with my father, so if I were to make the transition I would be supporting myself entirely.
.
Maybe you can try to mend your relation with your father or family on his side, you'd really need their help in the first phase.....unless you have a fat savings account* and can use it till you get a job. But with your qualifications and Covid etc - not very easy imo.
*which apparently you don't.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10.01.2021, 14:31
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 4,992
Groaned at 90 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 5,196 Times in 2,416 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Escaping the US to CH

Bear in mind, with a Swiss passport you are not limited to living and working in Switzerland, you have the whole EU available including English speaking Ireland and Malta. Start applying for massage jobs and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 10.01.2021, 14:35
Halfasleep's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zzzzug
Posts: 302
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 166 Times in 86 Posts
Halfasleep has earned some respectHalfasleep has earned some respect
Re: Escaping the US to CH

first get food before jumping ahead
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Halfasleep for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
living in switzerland, moving, swiss life




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Escaping Zurichsee fog soswiss Daily life 31 23.02.2016 09:16
Glad to be escaping SwissAstrid General off-topic 2 18.07.2011 17:50
Escaping square brackets in URLs? RetiredInNH Forum support 3 21.06.2009 04:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0