English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   Private gathering VS Event / Concert (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/303258-private-gathering-vs-event-concert.html)

sointu 21.03.2021 14:35

Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
According to the new measures, private gatherings up to 10 people inside are again allowed.
Let's say, in theory..that I'm a musician and I invite 9 EF members to a private concert in my living room. (Better one of yours, mine is pretty small..) Invited EF members appreciate live music a lot, so they spontaneously give me a cake, bottle of wine or 50 CHF as a present.
In your opinion, would this be legal or am I with one foot in prison already? ;)
And, how much you miss live events? - Would you come?
Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!

bowlie 21.03.2021 16:39

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Does VS mean the Vallais, or versus?

IMHO you are not following the spirit of the regulations, by mixing people from different bubbles. Would you go to jail? Doubtful. Would you get caught? Depends on your neighbours. Would you get fined if you get caught. That is likely.

But if you were to invite five couples to a buffet Canadien and asked them to cover some costs, well ...

komsomolez 21.03.2021 17:22

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
I would certainly not join an event where 10 strangers sit together in a private room for some form of concert.

kri 21.03.2021 17:26

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
I think the spirit of the law is to allow families & friends to gatherwithout too much trouble. For example, So far we have not been able to be with the grandparents as 4+2=6.

I don't take the increase to mean that 10 complete strangers should meet another 10 everyday hence increasing the bubbles numbers and sizes - that would be crazy.

sointu 21.03.2021 18:23

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by komsomolez (Post 3288200)
I would certainly not join an event where 10 strangers sit together in a private room for some form of concert.

Would you sit in the tram/bus with 10 strangers? ;)

komsomolez 21.03.2021 18:27

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sointu (Post 3288221)
Would you sit in the tram/bus with 10 strangers? ;)

Rather not. I neither like strangers nor trams.

JackieH 21.03.2021 18:31

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
For the last 5 years, we have been hosting many concerts in our meadow- mini music festivals- so when it is allowed and not before, we will make the meadow available for musical friends from here and all over - but in the fresh air, and not before it is safe. Can't wait.

But strangers in someone's home, no sorry. What sort of music anyhow? (irrelevant, but out of interest).

sointu 21.03.2021 18:33

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3288184)
Would you get fined if you get caught. That is likely.
.

Based on what? Is it private gathering? Yes. Are we more than 10 persons? No.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bend the rules. In the best spirit of the law we are (with my gf) not meeting anyone for months. And even now with 10 person rule we will continue to do so.

Just in theory, I can meet 9 strangers daily in my flat and have fondue.
But if I make a private concert for two families, each of 4 members (wearing masks and listening to music), would that be s suddenly a crime to be fined?

komsomolez 21.03.2021 18:34

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sointu (Post 3288229)
Based on what? Is it private gathering? Yes. Are we more than 10 persons? No.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bend the rules. In the best spirit of the law we are (with my gf) not meeting anyone for months. And even now with 10 person rule we will continue to do so.

Just in theory, I can meet 9 strangers daily in my flat and have fondue.
But if I make a private concert for two families, each of 4 members (wearing masks and listening to music), would that be s suddenly a crime to be fined?

Sounded very much like the intention was to get paid. Which makes this commercial.

sointu 21.03.2021 18:40

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by komsomolez (Post 3288230)
Sounded very much like the intention was to get paid. Which makes this commercial.

Can you commercially book 2 cleaners to clean your home? Or 3 workers to transport and assemble your new wardrobe? I guess yes.
Could you then book 2 musicians to play a private concert?
Just different kind of service. Depending what you like to watch /listen :msnnerd:

komsomolez 21.03.2021 18:44

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sointu (Post 3288232)
Can you commercially book 2 cleaners to clean your home? Or 3 workers to transport and assemble your new wardrobe? I guess yes.
Could you then book 2 musicians to play a private concert?
Just different kind of service. Depending what you like to watch /listen :msnnerd:

Whatever. The question was would I join. My answer is no.

bowlie 21.03.2021 18:48

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Can you also say what you mean by VS? Thank you.

sointu 21.03.2021 18:49

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieH (Post 3288228)
For the last 5 years, we have been hosting many concerts in our meadow- mini music festivals- so when it is allowed and not before, we will make the meadow available for musical friends from here and all over - but in the fresh air, and not before it is safe. Can't wait.

But strangers in someone's home, no sorry. What sort of music anyhow? (irrelevant, but out of interest).

That sounds like a pretty nice festival. :)
During the first "lockdown" last year, we played under balconies for our neighbors. Then for friends, friends neighbors.. it got popular :msncool: Our mini tour under balconies of Zürich..

Mostly classic, but we have tango, jazz and other styles on list as well. (violin & bass)

Jim2007 21.03.2021 18:50

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sointu (Post 3288157)
According to the new measures, private gatherings up to 10 people inside are again allowed.
Let's say, in theory..that I'm a musician and I invite 9 EF members to a private concert in my living room. (Better one of yours, mine is pretty small..) Invited EF members appreciate live music a lot, so they spontaneously give me a cake, bottle of wine or 50 CHF as a present.
In your opinion, would this be legal or am I with one foot in prison already? ;)
And, how much you miss live events? - Would you come?
Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!


You're expecting nine strangers to lie for you.... and you're hoping that a fine will be your biggest problem...

sointu 21.03.2021 18:52

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3288234)
Can you also say what you mean by VS? Thank you.

versus :msnnerd:
Just looking for definition of the "event". Private event is still an event :msncrazy:

st2lemans 21.03.2021 18:54

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Do it outside (15 allowed), problem solved.

Tom

sointu 21.03.2021 18:57

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim2007 (Post 3288236)
You're expecting nine strangers to lie for you.... and you're hoping that a fine will be your biggest problem...

No no. I'm not even asking for that. Lying is not in the spirit of the law :msntongue:

Murloc 21.03.2021 18:59

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
you are describing an event no matter how you spin it, you'd be liable to get the usual fine imho, your guests too.

You're asking them to lie about the fact that they're paying for entry with the 50 chf.

sointu 21.03.2021 18:59

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 3288240)
Do it outside, problem solved.

Tom

0C Celsius, frozen fingers, and my 100 years old violin full of cracks suddenly.. Problem doubled! :eek:

sointu 21.03.2021 19:13

Re: Private gathering VS Event / Concert
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murloc (Post 3288243)
you are describing an event no matter how you spin it, you'd be liable to get the usual fine imho, your guests too.

You're asking them to lie about the fact that they're paying for entry with the 50 chf.

Let me try one more spin: few friends meet and book a stripper (or any other service). Friends equally contribute and pay the service their fee.
Should they pay a fine? :rolleyes:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0