Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 28.03.2021, 10:15
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
For now- and yet. If vaccination passports are required for travel, I imagine it won't be long for false one's to become available on line, sadly. So Schengen could perhaps insist on them being checked against an official Register as well as paper copy.
Going to be one hell of an administrative task.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 28.03.2021, 10:23
smackerjack's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.K/VAUD
Posts: 2,248
Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,112 Posts
smackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Why can't someone when they have had their vaccinations actually take their passports in with them to the Drs - they can stamp a page at the back with the medical practices details which will allow travel and of course no point in forgeries as it is in your own passport.
They used to do this back in the 70s when you wanted to take foreign currency out of the UK for travel as there were restrictions back then - I remember it well
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank smackerjack for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 28.03.2021, 10:33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: zugish
Posts: 314
Groaned at 18 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 304 Times in 155 Posts
mossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputation
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Going to be one hell of an administrative task.
This is normal for traveling to Africa, if you don’t have your vaccination book with you then you won’t be allowed fly.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank mossie for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 28.03.2021, 10:51
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 13,131
Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
This is normal for traveling to Africa, if you don’t have your vaccination book with you then you won’t be allowed fly.
Exactly.
I don't see the problem. AfaIk the covid vaccine will just go into my "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" which carries my life-story re shots - I'm on my third now - and the only difference is that I will have to take it along within Europe too now.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #25  
Old 28.03.2021, 11:30
stephen_NE's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Luzern
Posts: 1,512
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1,594 Times in 758 Posts
stephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Why can't someone when they have had their vaccinations actually take their passports in with them to the Drs - they can stamp a page at the back with the medical practices details which will allow travel and of course no point in forgeries as it is in your own passport.
They used to do this back in the 70s when you wanted to take foreign currency out of the UK for travel as there were restrictions back then - I remember it well
One problem with this would be that a lot of people in the EU don't have passports, as they are not needed for intra-Schengen travel. The British are a bit of an exception here as we have never had identity cards.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank stephen_NE for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 28.03.2021, 11:44
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,705
Groaned at 385 Times in 323 Posts
Thanked 15,296 Times in 7,059 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Exactly.
I don't see the problem. AfaIk the covid vaccine will just go into my "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" which carries my life-story re shots - I'm on my third now - and the only difference is that I will have to take it along within Europe too now.
That is what my GP told me, bring that yellow booklet and they will put it in there. Just another piece of paper to carry when travelling
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #27  
Old 28.03.2021, 14:06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: zugish
Posts: 314
Groaned at 18 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 304 Times in 155 Posts
mossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputation
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
That is what my GP told me, bring that yellow booklet and they will put it in there. Just another piece of paper to carry when travelling
Yes as I travel a lot to Africa a doctor in Schaffhausen I went to and gave me all the shots put all the necessary stickers in the yellow book. When I fly out from Brussels I must show it at departure gate and on arrival before immigration in Africa..no big hassle.. everybody will need to travel with the yellow book.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 28.03.2021, 22:39
Murloc's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bern
Posts: 535
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 593 Times in 297 Posts
Murloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputation
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Yes as I travel a lot to Africa a doctor in Schaffhausen I went to and gave me all the shots put all the necessary stickers in the yellow book. When I fly out from Brussels I must show it at departure gate and on arrival before immigration in Africa..no big hassle.. everybody will need to travel with the yellow book.
nobody had a reason to fake it though, if you go to a risk area you actually want those shots. So if you have the stickers, it can be assumed that they're legit.

Now with a scarce vaccine, and threats that it will be necessary in some countries to enter local events and restaurants, there will be interest in faking it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Murloc for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 29.03.2021, 21:35
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,471
Groaned at 92 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 19,986 Times in 8,843 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
...everybody will need to travel with the yellow book.
Not all countries have the yellow book or something similar to it. I've never had a single document that listed all my vaccines in my life in one place (American). I only learned about the yellow book once in CH and thought gee that's clever, it even has a sticker from the vial so you know the lot number!

Even now, Americans are getting special paper cards with name, date of birth, and Covid vaccine info, completely separate from any other vaccine record.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 29.03.2021, 22:49
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 559
Groaned at 79 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,236 Times in 631 Posts
John William has a reputation beyond reputeJohn William has a reputation beyond reputeJohn William has a reputation beyond reputeJohn William has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
...everybody will need to travel with the yellow book.
No the british promised that their citizens can travel on their post-Brexit Blue book and here it is the first British Vaccine Passport.

Name:  Vaccine passport.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  97.7 KB
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 29.03.2021, 22:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 11,320
Groaned at 400 Times in 326 Posts
Thanked 17,320 Times in 8,767 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Not all countries have the yellow book or something similar to it. I've never had a single document that listed all my vaccines in my life in one place (American). I only learned about the yellow book once in CH and thought gee that's clever, it even has a sticker from the vial so you know the lot number!

Even now, Americans are getting special paper cards with name, date of birth, and Covid vaccine info, completely separate from any other vaccine record.
It's actually blue?
(the Swiss one)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 29.03.2021, 23:51
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basle
Posts: 2,907
Groaned at 76 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,178 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
It's actually blue?
(the Swiss one)
Swiss one is blue. The international World Health Organisation one is yellow. I only have tetanus in the blue one but they couldn't be bothered to put a date in.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Landers for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 30.03.2021, 07:01
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 500
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 499 Times in 247 Posts
Spaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputation
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Even now, Americans are getting special paper cards with name, date of birth, and Covid vaccine info, completely separate from any other vaccine record.

UK folks getting their vaccine are getting the same - small card with which vaccine and date of shots. You even write on your own name making it fraudtastic if someone gets hold of them in bulk.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 30.03.2021, 07:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: zugish
Posts: 314
Groaned at 18 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 304 Times in 155 Posts
mossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputation
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Swiss one is blue. The international World Health Organisation one is yellow. I only have tetanus in the blue one but they couldn't be bothered to put a date in.
In Switzerland if you ask the for the yellow one then they will put the stickers from the vials in it no problem as the yellow is accepted internationally.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 30.03.2021, 07:32
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 6,490
Groaned at 114 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 7,245 Times in 3,304 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
In Switzerland if you ask the for the yellow one then they will put the stickers from the vials in it no problem as the yellow is accepted internationally.
The vials have multiple doses. Do they come with enough stickers for 5-6 patients?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 30.03.2021, 07:39
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,841
Groaned at 267 Times in 226 Posts
Thanked 23,536 Times in 9,615 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
The vials have multiple doses. Do they come with enough stickers for 5-6 patients?
Most vaccines are single dose pre-filled syringes and it’s easy to do that for them. Not so easy with the multiple vaccine vials unless each vial is supplied with multiple stickers.

For the Covid vaccine we received a certificate with the lot number of each dose, they didn’t give us the option of entering it into the vaccination booklet.

Neither my husband nor I have one anyway. Son has a Swiss one but he got the certificate too.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 30.03.2021, 08:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 11,320
Groaned at 400 Times in 326 Posts
Thanked 17,320 Times in 8,767 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
Swiss one is blue. The international World Health Organisation one is yellow. I only have tetanus in the blue one but they couldn't be bothered to put a date in.
I know. We have the Swiss ones. They don't put stickers there but there's a date and the lot number or at least there should be.

I wondered if other folks here (such as 3Wishes) were offered the international ones when they got their first vaccine in CH and if so, why the rest of us weren't even asked.

Another reason to freak out: is my vaccination booklet good enough?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 30.03.2021, 13:56
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basle
Posts: 2,907
Groaned at 76 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,178 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
I know.
Then why ask?

Quote:
Another reason to freak out: is my vaccination booklet good enough?
I know that for example the EU won't accept an vaccination with a non-EU approved vaccine as a proof of vaccination but I can imagine a massive market in fake vaccine passports should such a thing ever be required.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Landers for this useful post:
  #39  
Old 30.03.2021, 14:51
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,841
Groaned at 267 Times in 226 Posts
Thanked 23,536 Times in 9,615 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post
I know. We have the Swiss ones. They don't put stickers there but there's a date and the lot number or at least there should be.
My son has stickers in his Swiss vaccination booklet for all the vaccines he’s had in Switzerland.

Quote:
View Post

I wondered if other folks here (such as 3Wishes) were offered the international ones when they got their first vaccine in CH and if so, why the rest of us weren't even asked.
I think you only get offered the yellow booklet if the vaccine you’re having is one required for international travel.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 30.03.2021, 15:02
kri's Avatar
kri kri is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,448
Groaned at 54 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,142 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inoculated Expats

Quote:
View Post


I think you only get offered the yellow booklet if the vaccine you’re having is one required for international travel.
Indeed. My kids were borne here and were given one by the pediatrician with the Swiss vaccination schedule. Then later as we visited the travel vaccination center in Zürich and we did more funky vaccine, they got the yellow one. So now have 2 vaccine booklet each
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank kri for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
expats brunosaturn General off-topic 2 12.11.2015 20:45
There are expats and ... Guest International affairs/politics 24 18.08.2014 01:45
Hello Expats! ilovebiking Introductions 0 28.07.2013 18:35
Hello fellow expats GeeGee Introductions 4 24.10.2011 10:32
Taxes for expats Anthony1406 Finance/banking/taxation 7 21.04.2010 09:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0