Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12.09.2021, 15:56
otec's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 644
Groaned at 249 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 244 Posts
otec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthy
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
I am not sure what your question is. Can you explain more please?


If you mean my acquaintance, he doesn't have an outside terrace.
You don't need a pass to eat if a restaurant has an outside terrace in Italy. Is it the same from Monday in CH ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12.09.2021, 15:58
schoggiweggli's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: BaselStadt
Posts: 342
Groaned at 27 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 665 Times in 243 Posts
schoggiweggli has a reputation beyond reputeschoggiweggli has a reputation beyond reputeschoggiweggli has a reputation beyond reputeschoggiweggli has a reputation beyond reputeschoggiweggli has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
Why?
@Zurirollt - I'm not sure he's civilisable.

Why has it stopped already since the new regime doesn't start until tomorrow? The social planned for this week is still going ahead with my colleagues.
People are WFH and there’s no international travel, nearly all company funded events has stopped.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank schoggiweggli for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:02
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Baselland
Posts: 582
Groaned at 22 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 715 Times in 356 Posts
LtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
get the shot man....and remain free forever
Quote:
View Post
I can't get a shot, they won't do it for free
Quote:
View Post
What about outside terraces ?
Quote:
View Post
I am not sure what your question is. Can you explain more please?

If you mean my acquaintance, he doesn't have an outside terrace.
Unless I misunderstood, I think he wants to get shot outside (indoor terraces, really?) and I fully support his last wishes, free choice for everybody etc. etc.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:05
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,724
Groaned at 424 Times in 234 Posts
Thanked 6,579 Times in 3,024 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
Why?
@Zurirollt - I'm not sure he's civilisable.

Why has it stopped already since the new regime doesn't start until tomorrow? The social planned for this week is still going ahead with my colleagues.
Unfortunately there are many ignorant people around i.e those that neither bother to inform themselves of the current situation, nor are willing to take measures to tackle it.

I believe thatI am not alone in thinking, that these people should be exiled to a field, living in tents, and living off their own produce.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
The following 7 users groan at ZuriRollt for this post:
  #25  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:06
V__'s Avatar
V__ V__ is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,511
Groaned at 384 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 2,082 Times in 866 Posts
V__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
The “Government* as described in your post is financed by all off us. Get yourself a job, stop scrounging of others, and work your way to civilisation
I've had my own business for 6 years now and since the corona hysteria started my turnover for 2020 increased 300%. I've been really lucky my business niche to be one to strive during lockdowns and restricted travels, if somebody should complain, I should be the last person I basically didn't stop working during the lockdown in CH and I travelled extensevely even to the UK in March/April when the borders were still open and people were affraid to touch a door handle

My real life experience shows me that this is not the case for many businessses especially in the restaurant sector and most of them are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Even though indirectly and directly my business got an enourmous boost because of the covid measures I will always condem them as dangerous towards the general population.
__________________
"FAQ is not binding."
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank V__ for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:06
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 64
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 76 Times in 38 Posts
Artax has earned some respectArtax has earned some respect
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
I can't get a shot, they won't do it for free
In another thread you said you were moving from the UK, where the vaccines are totally free and you can even get them at walk in centres. Something doesn’t stack up.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:08
otec's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 644
Groaned at 249 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 244 Posts
otec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthy
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
In another thread you said you were moving from the UK, where the vaccines are totally free and you can even get them at walk in centres. Something doesn’t stack up.
What exactly doesn't stack up ? I moved 2 months ago. I'm not planning on going to the UK twice to get shots and quarantine for 20 days.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank otec for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Basel-Stadt
Posts: 336
Groaned at 146 Times in 73 Posts
Thanked 319 Times in 164 Posts
CliiniMuus is considered knowledgeableCliiniMuus is considered knowledgeableCliiniMuus is considered knowledgeable
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
You don't need a pass to eat if a restaurant has an outside terrace in Italy. Is it the same from Monday in CH ?

Each Canton's guidance would need to be checked. Here's the guidance for Basel-Stadt for example:


https://www.coronavirus.bs.ch/verans...eistungen.html
Gastronomie

Für Restaurations-, Bar- und Clubbetriebe, in denen die Konsumation vor Ort erfolgt, gilt Folgendes:
  • Die Betriebe müssen bei Personen ab 16 Jahren den Zugang zu Innenbereichen auf Personen mit einem Zertifikat beschränken.
  • Den Zugang zu Aussenbereichen können die Betriebe für Personen ab 16 Jahren auf Personen mit einem Zertifikat beschränken; sieht ein Betrieb im Aussenbereich keine Beschränkung des Zugangs vor, so muss zwischen den Gästegruppen entweder der erforderliche Abstand eingehalten oder müssen wirksame Abschrankungen angebracht werden. Die Gästegruppen sollten sich aber nicht durchmischen.
Quick translation:

No mention about toilets, which is an important ommision.



The restaurants and bars can restrict access to the outside areas to those with injection or test certificate (keeping in mind how complicated the implementation is for small businesses, if they try to track per person instead of broadly). If they don't choose to implement that, they have to either implement distancing between the groups of guests, or ut up barriers between groups of guests.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CliiniMuus for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:14
otec's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 644
Groaned at 249 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 244 Posts
otec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthy
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
Each Canton's guidance would need to be checked. Here's the guidance for Basel-Stadt for example:


https://www.coronavirus.bs.ch/verans...eistungen.html
Gastronomie

Für Restaurations-, Bar- und Clubbetriebe, in denen die Konsumation vor Ort erfolgt, gilt Folgendes:
  • Die Betriebe müssen bei Personen ab 16 Jahren den Zugang zu Innenbereichen auf Personen mit einem Zertifikat beschränken.
  • Den Zugang zu Aussenbereichen können die Betriebe für Personen ab 16 Jahren auf Personen mit einem Zertifikat beschränken; sieht ein Betrieb im Aussenbereich keine Beschränkung des Zugangs vor, so muss zwischen den Gästegruppen entweder der erforderliche Abstand eingehalten oder müssen wirksame Abschrankungen angebracht werden. Die Gästegruppen sollten sich aber nicht durchmischen.
Quick translation:

No mention about toilets, which is an important ommision.



The restaurants and bars can restrict access to the outside areas to those with injection or test certificate (keeping in mind how complicated the implementation is for small businesses, if they try to track per person instead of broadly). If they don't choose to implement that, they have to either implement distancing between the groups of guests, or ut up barriers between groups of guests.
Thanks! That's helpful.

Luckily weather in Lugano is much better than elsewhere in Swiss.

Means I can keep enjoying my overpriced lunches.

If the worst happens, can always cross into Italy. Theyve had explosion in number of Sushi restaurants in last 2 years and I'm up for Asian food recently
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:14
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Zurich
Posts: 109
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 89 Times in 41 Posts
debriefer has earned some respectdebriefer has earned some respect
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

It's not your freedoms being limited, it's actually freedom of gastro industry to serve whoever they want. They are the real victims and will take the hit.


Last year, during the lockdown, I've discovered new hobby - cooking. Never done before by myself to that extent, but started then and was having friends over on weekly basis. Then we made it a tradition, every week someone else was hosting and cooking for the whole group. We switched back to going out to the restaurants when reopened from practical reasons, but now already scheduled Friday evening rotas again.
Only one person from my group is not vaccinated (medical reasons), but none of us is willing to support this vax apartheid, so we revert back to meeting in our homes
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank debriefer for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:16
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Zentralschweiz
Posts: 129
Groaned at 46 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 246 Times in 79 Posts
wachtwoord has a reputation beyond reputewachtwoord has a reputation beyond reputewachtwoord has a reputation beyond reputewachtwoord has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
get the shot man....and remain free forever
If you allow your physical integrity to be violated through coercion you are not free by definition.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank wachtwoord for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:22
otec's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 644
Groaned at 249 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 244 Posts
otec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthy
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
Unfortunately there are many ignorant people around i.e those that neither bother to inform themselves of the current situation, nor are willing to take measures to tackle it.

I believe thatI am not alone in thinking, that these people should be exiled to a field, living in tents, and living off their own produce.
No surprises here.

Your queen was castrating males just 60 years ago for being openly gay, and I bet the likes of you were saying exactly the same words back then
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank otec for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:24
ennui's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Kt Zurich
Posts: 1,179
Groaned at 36 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,270 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
I've never had one.

Tom
But you don‘t cry about not having the flu shot either. So like schoggiwhatever said, no one cries about the flu shot.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ennui for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Basel-Stadt
Posts: 336
Groaned at 146 Times in 73 Posts
Thanked 319 Times in 164 Posts
CliiniMuus is considered knowledgeableCliiniMuus is considered knowledgeableCliiniMuus is considered knowledgeable
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
It's not your freedoms being limited, it's actually freedom of gastro industry to serve whoever they want. They are the real victims and will take the hit.


Last year, during the lockdown, I've discovered new hobby - cooking. Never done before by myself to that extent, but started then and was having friends over on weekly basis. Then we made it a tradition, every week someone else was hosting and cooking for the whole group. We switched back to going out to the restaurants when reopened from practical reasons, but now already scheduled Friday evening rotas again.
Only one person from my group is not vaccinated (medical reasons), but none of us is willing to support this vax apartheid, so we revert back to meeting in our homes

Not only, no.


A library is a place some of our most needy go to for shelter, conversation, warmth, internet access, a place to sit and rest, a place to put heavy bags full of personal belongings down, and/or information. Many of our most needy will now not have access to libraries, and have no means of receiving the injection or testing, even if they wanted to.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CliiniMuus for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:28
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Zentralschweiz
Posts: 129
Groaned at 46 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 246 Times in 79 Posts
wachtwoord has a reputation beyond reputewachtwoord has a reputation beyond reputewachtwoord has a reputation beyond reputewachtwoord has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
But you don‘t cry about not having the flu shot either. So like schoggiwhatever said, no one cries about the flu shot.
Because I don't have to take it? I never have.

If coercion is attempted for taking the flu shot I'll react the same.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank wachtwoord for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at wachtwoord for this post:
  #36  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:29
Never TheLess's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Around and about
Posts: 155
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 181 Times in 81 Posts
Never TheLess has an excellent reputationNever TheLess has an excellent reputationNever TheLess has an excellent reputationNever TheLess has an excellent reputation
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
It's not your freedoms being limited, it's actually freedom of gastro industry to serve whoever they want. They are the real victims and will take the hit.


Last year, during the lockdown, I've discovered new hobby - cooking. Never done before by myself to that extent, but started then and was having friends over on weekly basis. Then we made it a tradition, every week someone else was hosting and cooking for the whole group. We switched back to going out to the restaurants when reopened from practical reasons, but now already scheduled Friday evening rotas again.
Only one person from my group is not vaccinated (medical reasons), but none of us is willing to support this vax apartheid, so we revert back to meeting in our homes
So you ignored the regulations, well done.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Never TheLess for this useful post:
The following 5 users groan at Never TheLess for this post:
  #37  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:31
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Zurich
Posts: 109
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 89 Times in 41 Posts
debriefer has earned some respectdebriefer has earned some respect
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
So you ignored the regulations, well done.
And what brings you to that conclusion?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank debriefer for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:36
otec's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 644
Groaned at 249 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 244 Posts
otec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthy
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
And what brings you to that conclusion?
Only one fold inside the brain
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank otec for this useful post:
  #39  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,724
Groaned at 424 Times in 234 Posts
Thanked 6,579 Times in 3,024 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
Why?
@Zurirollt - I'm not sure he's civilisable.

Why has it stopped already since the new regime doesn't start until tomorrow? The social planned for this week is still going ahead with my colleagues.
Well, I believe that most “thinking” people have been vaccinated.

Unfortunately there are the “others” in Switzerland, that enjoy the drama of this pandemic. We used to say that “they belong in “Burgholzli”.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at ZuriRollt for this post:
  #40  
Old 12.09.2021, 16:39
otec's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 644
Groaned at 249 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 244 Posts
otec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthyotec is considered unworthy
Re: Last Day Before Your Freedoms are Limited

Quote:
View Post
Well, I believe that most “thinking” people have been vaccinated.

Unfortunately there are the “others” in Switzerland, that enjoy the drama of this pandemic. We used to say that “they belong in “Burgholzli”.
Open worldometer coronavirus and type Sweden mate, you will be unpleasantly surprised
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank otec for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EF access limited MusicChick Forum support 12 13.10.2016 11:00
Limited without limits Guest General off-topic 0 31.08.2015 15:11
How limited am i with an L permit ? Guest Permits/visas/government 2 01.02.2012 19:00
Limited non-EU, B permit? mikejones1 Permits/visas/government 11 17.10.2007 13:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0