Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.09.2021, 11:32
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 2,406
Groaned at 465 Times in 302 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 1,867 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Thread split: Safety for women alone in CH

Mod note:
This thread is split from https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-li...h-everard.html because that thread has to do with a woman in the UK


My biggest advice to women here who blindly think they are safe in this country, you are not - you are not safe anywhere. And kindly note that many things are not reported in the news here. Additionally, men even get off of rape charges in Swiss courts because if you kissed a man in a bar, it gave another man permission to rape you. And apparently an 11 minute rape isn't enough to cause significant damage ...

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-p...tence/46852284

Last edited by 3Wishes; 30.09.2021 at 17:51. Reason: Adding mod note
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 30.09.2021, 11:49
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,478
Groaned at 367 Times in 297 Posts
Thanked 23,968 Times in 8,673 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
and men even get off of rape charges because if you kissed a man in a bar, it gave other men permission to rape you.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-p...tence/46852284
I am sure I am getting flak for this, but this case has been grossly misrepresented in the media and by the feminist protesters. I followed the reporting from the courtroom and its not exactly that black and white:

1. The victim has a track record of rape claims that have been proven wrong. She made several police reports before that were later retracted.

2. The victim has been sentenced for wrong statements in court before.

3. The victim did not "kiss a guy in a bar" that night - she was kicked out of a bar for having sex with a guy in the bathroom.

4. The victim went home with two guys and had sex with them. All parties agree about that. The guys claimed till the end that it was consensual. All three were apparently rather drunk. The victim had in no way refused the advances, said anything or did anything. The court reporting was outright bizarre. She said someting like "and then he dropped his pants! I did not want anything like that!" Lawyer "So then you did not say anything, did not do anything to stop it but just started to perform oral sex on him?" "Yes, but I did not want to"...

Very honestly: Rape is one of the most terrible crimes. And I in no way say that any woman "is asking for it", no matter how she dresses, what she says or does... but thats an example where the victim is pretty obviously not that innocent. I dont want to spell it out, but for me is it pretty obvious that the guy was only sentenced because he was a foreigner and did a runner when the cops came after him. If he was called Urs or Reto and stood strongly against the word of the victim he had gone completely free.
Reply With Quote
The following 12 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
This user groans at Treverus for this post:
  #3  
Old 30.09.2021, 11:53
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 2,406
Groaned at 465 Times in 302 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 1,867 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I am sure I am getting flak for this, but this case has been grossly misrepresented in the media and by the feminist protesters. I followed the reporting from the courtroom and its not exactly that black and white:

1. The victim has a track record of rape claims that have been proven wrong. She made several police reports before that were later retracted.

2. The victim has been sentenced for wrong statements in court before.

3. The victim did not "kiss a guy in a bar" that night - she was kicked out of a bar for having sex with a guy in the bathroom.

4. The victim went home with two guys and had sex with them. All parties agree about that. The guys claimed till the end that it was consensual. All three were apparently rather drunk. The victim had in no way refused the advances, said anything or did anything. The court reporting was outright bizarre. She said someting like "and then he dropped his pants! I did not want anything like that!" Lawyer "So then you did not say anything, did not do anything to stop it but just started to perform oral sex on him?" "Yes, but I did not want to"...

Very honestly: Rape is one of the most terrible crimes. And I in no way say that any woman "is asking for it", no matter how she dresses, what she says or does... but thats an example where the victim is pretty obviously not that innocent. I dont want to spell it out, but for me is it pretty obvious that the guy was only sentenced because he was a foreigner and did a runner when the cops came after him. If he was called Urs or Reto and stood strongly against the word of the victim he had gone completely free.
I am still amazed at how often men (and to what extent) will find excuses for sexual assault...shame on you & you are entirely wrong about the case.

I hope you do not have daughters or women in your life under your care.

Edit: The same goes to anyone who likes the above comment or groans at me for calling Treverus out - take a good look in the mirror.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post:
The following 3 users groan at Susie-Q for this post:
  #4  
Old 30.09.2021, 12:01
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,478
Groaned at 367 Times in 297 Posts
Thanked 23,968 Times in 8,673 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I hope you do not have daughters or women in your life under your care.
None with a proven track record of lying to police and judges including multiple false rape claims.

I love it how you keep an open mind about court cases and dont show any prejudice when presented with facts. Here is some of the reporting of the first instance: https://telebasel.ch/2020/08/25/proz...channel=105100

Its an established fact that the victim was kicked out of the bar for having sex there... but she testified that she cannot remember any of that at all. So a victim with memory loss as well as a track record of lying... but everyone is up in arms about the sentencing. For me a clear case of "in dubio pro reo"... the guy should have never been sentenced at all. But thats apparently not an option these days.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at Treverus for this post:
  #5  
Old 30.09.2021, 12:02
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Here
Posts: 512
Groaned at 59 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 1,477 Times in 524 Posts
RufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
Very honestly: Rape is one of the most terrible crimes. And I in no way say that any woman "is asking for it", no matter how she dresses, what she says or does... but thats an example where the victim is pretty obviously not that innocent. I dont want to spell it out, but for me is it pretty obvious that the guy was only sentenced because he was a foreigner and did a runner when the cops came after him. If he was called Urs or Reto and stood strongly against the word of the victim he had gone completely free.
You should maybe have stopped after does...

This women could have voluntarily and willingly shagged an entire football team prior to the attack. It makes no difference. Consent is the issue. Enthusiastic consent is always, always, key. End of.
Reply With Quote
The following 17 users would like to thank RufusB for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 30.09.2021, 12:03
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 66
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 146 Times in 65 Posts
Pewpewpew has a reputation beyond reputePewpewpew has a reputation beyond reputePewpewpew has a reputation beyond reputePewpewpew has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I am sure I am getting flak for this, but this case has been grossly misrepresented in the media and by the feminist protesters. I followed the reporting from the courtroom and its not exactly that black and white:

1. The victim has a track record of rape claims that have been proven wrong. She made several police reports before that were later retracted.

2. The victim has been sentenced for wrong statements in court before.

3. The victim did not "kiss a guy in a bar" that night - she was kicked out of a bar for having sex with a guy in the bathroom.

4. The victim went home with two guys and had sex with them. All parties agree about that. The guys claimed till the end that it was consensual. All three were apparently rather drunk. The victim had in no way refused the advances, said anything or did anything. The court reporting was outright bizarre. She said someting like "and then he dropped his pants! I did not want anything like that!" Lawyer "So then you did not say anything, did not do anything to stop it but just started to perform oral sex on him?" "Yes, but I did not want to"...

Very honestly: Rape is one of the most terrible crimes. And I in no way say that any woman "is asking for it", no matter how she dresses, what she says or does... but thats an example where the victim is pretty obviously not that innocent. I dont want to spell it out, but for me is it pretty obvious that the guy was only sentenced because he was a foreigner and did a runner when the cops came after him. If he was called Urs or Reto and stood strongly against the word of the victim he had gone completely free.
Cringe post..

I need to see the dentist now
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Pewpewpew for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 30.09.2021, 12:05
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,510
Groaned at 326 Times in 228 Posts
Thanked 7,182 Times in 3,058 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I am still amazed at how often men (and to what extent) will find excuses for sexual assault...shame on you & you are entirely wrong about the case.

I hope you do not have daughters or women in your life under your care.

Edit: The same goes to anyone who likes the above comment or groans at me for calling Treverus out - take a good look in the mirror.
According to the article the judge was female and the sentence was reduced, not lifted.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 30.09.2021, 12:24
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 4,622
Groaned at 82 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 6,519 Times in 3,086 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
Its an established fact that the victim was kicked out of the bar for having sex there... but she testified that she cannot remember any of that at all. So a victim with memory loss as well as a track record of lying... but everyone is up in arms about the sentencing. For me a clear case of "in dubio pro reo"... the guy should have never been sentenced at all. But thats apparently not an option these days.
I think we can agree that someone with a blackout due to drinking looks.....well, quite drunk. If said drunk person that could not speak a single coherent sentence, invites you and another guy home, what would you answer? From a certain perspective the guys were asking for it. If you spent a lot of time close to the fire, you'll get burned (at least with an investigation) one day. Guys should man up and accept there are consequences of playing with fire. The burn may be just a finger or 90% of the body, but you'll get burned anyway.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 30.09.2021 at 17:54. Reason: removed the bit related to the UK thread, as that bit stayed there
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 30.09.2021, 12:28
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 2,406
Groaned at 465 Times in 302 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 1,867 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
According to the article the judge was female and the sentence was reduced, not lifted.
I am well aware that the judge is a female and that it was reduced. The offender was almost immediately able to walk free with the reduced sentence.

Nice to know where you stand and not at all all surprising
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30.09.2021, 12:37
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,510
Groaned at 326 Times in 228 Posts
Thanked 7,182 Times in 3,058 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I am well aware that the judge is a female and that it was reduced. The offender was almost immediately able to walk free with the reduced sentence.

Nice to know where you stand and not at all all surprising
Laughable.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
This user groans at komsomolez for this post:
  #11  
Old 30.09.2021, 13:02
NotAllThere's Avatar
Modulo 2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 15,422
Groaned at 323 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 24,035 Times in 9,780 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I am still amazed at how often men (and to what extent) will find excuses for sexual assault...
You know that women do it as well?

Quote:
View Post
I hope you do not have daughters or women in your life under your care.
How very 1950s of you.

I have a very simple take on this case. The court decided on reviewing all the evidence that the woman was sexually assaulted. Therefore she was sexually assaulted and the perpetrator(s) should be punished appropriately.

Whether the reduction in sentence was appropriate, I tend to think no, but I do wonder whether there's any responsibility on the part of the victim if, for example, you go up to a bunch of drunk footballers and start telling them how crap their team is, and you get beaten up - also "playing with fire" and "asking for it".

The women under my care do not generally ever feel unsafe. The only exceptions have been late at night. E.g. one was on the bus and there were a bunch of lads larking about and making comments. She asked me to meet her at the bus stop, in case the lads took it into their heads to follow her. They actually got off a stop beforehand, so I had no reason to use my shotgun.* So usually, it's things like that - probably just idiots, but you can't be sure.





* I don't have a shotgun.
__________________
Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 30.09.2021, 16:21
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,136
Groaned at 592 Times in 428 Posts
Thanked 13,669 Times in 7,111 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
According to the article the judge was female and the sentence was reduced, not lifted.
The real thing is that the jude's sex is expected to make a difference in the first place, that looks pretty sexist to me. By the people pretending to fight sexism, that is.
Quote:
View Post
If you spent a lot of time close to the fire, you'll get burned (at least with an investigation) one day. Guys should man up and accept there are consequences of playing with fire. The burn may be just a finger or 90% of the body, but you'll get burned anyway.
Exactly, and the same applies to the women, they're just as responsible for their acts.

Before everybody gets their knickers in a twist: responsibility is distinct from guilt.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
This user groans at Urs Max for this post:
  #13  
Old 30.09.2021, 17:01
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,780
Groaned at 418 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,329 Times in 5,676 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Interesting case about the Basler woman. My take

1) If the rape is proven, then it was rape. It's important to note that it can be very difficult to prove rape so there must have been clear evidence pointing to the guilt of the culprits.

2) Given the woman's history, she clearly needs psychiatric help. Her behavior towards sex is unhealthy and, in fact, soul-destroying.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 30.09.2021, 17:15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Cold Ghost
Posts: 282
Groaned at 46 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 865 Times in 347 Posts
BritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
Exactly, and the same applies to the women, they're just as responsible for their acts.

Before everybody gets their knickers in a twist: responsibility is distinct from guilt.
I think this is a view my (much) younger self probably held - it makes your life much easier as a guy to view the world like this, but I think if you extrapolate it, it makes less and less sense.

I find it hard to accept anyone is responsible for the behaviour of others. If you tell a grown man his football team is bad, I don't believe he has the right to punch you in the face. Nor should your expectation be that he will.

In the same way, I don't believe if a woman shows a bit of flesh or has a few drinks too many that she is fair game (or a man the other way around, for that matter) and certainly not that she DESERVES everything that comes her way.

I have a young daughter and have learned the sad fact is that even in 15 years time when she's at that going out sort of age, I will probably have to tell her that "yes, I know it isn't right and it isn't your fault but please be careful". Putting limits on her enjoyment so she's not taken advantage of is a horrible thought which I find galling, but unfortunately I believe will be her reality, even the generation after mine.
Reply With Quote
The following 12 users would like to thank BritS for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 30.09.2021, 18:48
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,073
Groaned at 146 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 1,260 Times in 631 Posts
Biro has an excellent reputationBiro has an excellent reputationBiro has an excellent reputationBiro has an excellent reputation
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I
In the same way, I don't believe if a woman shows a bit of flesh or has a few drinks too many that she is fair game (or a man the other way around, for that matter) and certainly not that she DESERVES everything that comes her way.



The trouble is when a lady shows a bit of flesh whilst under the influence of drink or drugs it tends to lead males to the wrong conclusion most unfortunately, and i fully accept this should not be the case.


When a male is under the influence, the problem is more biological usually or if you prefer......brewers' droop and this is one major difference nobody speaks about.


Ladies are capable of sex at any time and extremely drunk, be it consensual or not, men however, if as drunk as some ladies get tend not to be capable.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 30.09.2021, 19:04
NotAllThere's Avatar
Modulo 2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 15,422
Groaned at 323 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 24,035 Times in 9,780 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thread split: Safety for women alone in CH

Quote:
View Post
Mod note:
This thread is split from https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-li...h-everard.html because that thread has to do with a woman in the UK


My biggest advice to women here who blindly think they are safe in this country, you are not - you are not safe anywhere.
On the other hand you're considerably safer here than in many many countries. It doesn't mean that you should be careless about your safety. And nor should men for that matter.

It's the same with home security. You're far less likely to be burgled here than in the UK for example, but it doesn't mean you should leave a window ajar.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 30.09.2021, 19:42
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,136
Groaned at 592 Times in 428 Posts
Thanked 13,669 Times in 7,111 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
I think this is a view my (much) younger self probably held - it makes your life much easier as a guy to view the world like this, but I think if you extrapolate it, it makes less and less sense.
The point is that the only thing you can determine is your own behaviour actions. You may not like it, but you can't change that basic tenet, nor do you get to boss others around.
Quote:
View Post
I find it hard to accept anyone is responsible for the behaviour of others. If you tell a grown man his football team is bad, I don't believe he has the right to punch you in the face. Nor should your expectation be that he will.
Yet experience tells you that you need to consider this, and better withdraw. You're not responsible for the other's actions, you are responsible for your own and the risk you take. You can cry "foul" all you like but that won't bring back the teeth you may lose in the process.

That's why women need to accept their own responsibility. Obviously not applicable to the UK case OP started off with, but if you drink yourself to oblivion that's your doing and responsibility.
Quote:
View Post
In the same way, I don't believe if a woman shows a bit of flesh
What's the point in that, what's the intended effect? Isn't it exactly to cause male/sexual attention?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30.09.2021, 19:52
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Here
Posts: 512
Groaned at 59 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 1,477 Times in 524 Posts
RufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
The trouble is when a lady shows a bit of flesh whilst under the influence of drink or drugs it tends to lead males to the wrong conclusion most unfortunately, and i fully accept this should not be the case.


When a male is under the influence, the problem is more biological usually or if you prefer......brewers' droop and this is one major difference nobody speaks about.


Ladies are capable of sex at any time and extremely drunk, be it consensual or not, men however, if as drunk as some ladies get tend not to be capable.

If it's not consensual it's rape. Not sex.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank RufusB for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 30.09.2021, 19:58
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Here
Posts: 512
Groaned at 59 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 1,477 Times in 524 Posts
RufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post

What's the point in that, what's the intended effect? Isn't it exactly to cause male/sexual attention?
This is very close to victim blaming.

Most women dress to please themselves and their friends. I'm sure most if us have been out with cleavage and a bit of leg on show. But that's it. A show. A costume. An appearance. A choice. It's not an invitation to touch or to follow or to verbally abuse.

Attracting an admiring gaze or two is one thing but it stops there. Should women cover themselves neck to toe because some people in society can't restrain themselves?


This thread split doesn't make much sense btw. It's a complex subject. Shouldn't be, but it is.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank RufusB for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 30.09.2021, 19:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Cold Ghost
Posts: 282
Groaned at 46 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 865 Times in 347 Posts
BritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond reputeBritS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is it for women here when out especially at night alone? (Sarah Everard)

Quote:
View Post
The point is that the only thing you can determine is your own behaviour actions. You may not like it, but you can't change that basic tenet, nor do you get to boss others around.

Yet experience tells you that you need to consider this, and better withdraw. You're not responsible for the other's actions, you are responsible for your own and the risk you take. You can cry "foul" all you like but that won't bring back the teeth you may lose in the process.

That's why women need to accept their own responsibility. Obviously not applicable to the UK case OP started off with, but if you drink yourself to oblivion that's your doing and responsibility.

What's the point in that, what's the intended effect? Isn't it exactly to cause male/sexual attention?
I think Iíll need to need to bow out on this one and let a woman explain why you have some horrific attitudes going on there.

The idea that drinking or wearing short clothes makes you RESPONSIBLE for getting raped is really abhorrent.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank BritS for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gr.Mythen SZ-safety - novices+children[Split from Thread "Hiking in Switzerland"] Longbyt Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 19 21.05.2013 13:34
Women Personal Safety and Self-Defense: 2 Hrs Crash Course Gold Cara Commercial events 5 12.11.2011 22:51
New MacBook Air [Thread Split] Gastro Gnome TV/internet/telephone 168 25.04.2011 00:27
(thread split) Thread for sensitive, thin-skinned people to ramble aimlessly higgybaby General off-topic 80 03.11.2009 15:53


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0