Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:35
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Groaned at 13 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
truthseeker has slipped a little
East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Hi,

I'm an East Asian guy (educated in the UK) and have a chance to live in Zurich, Lucern, Bern, or Basel.

I was recently in Zurich and Lucern and got REALLY flirtatious advances from several Swiss girls. One of them wanted to get a drink with me after just a few minutes of conversation while another asked for my number. This occurred sporadically throughout my trip.

I've rarely experienced such a reception outside of Eastern Europe and frankly, always figured Swiss girls would be 'closed' to foreigners (esp. those who don't speak German / French) and not really into non-white dating.

Can any of you tell me what life as a single East Asian guy long-term might be in any of the cities mentioned above? Which city is best for a single guy?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at truthseeker for this post:
  #2  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:44
Balerina's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Balerina has no particular reputation at present
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Are you sure they meant it that way? Maybe they were just being friendly to a foreigner..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:45
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perthia
Posts: 1,237
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 905 Times in 446 Posts
Yokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I'm an East Asian guy (educated in the UK) and have a chance to live in Zurich, Lucern, Bern, or Basel.

I was recently in Zurich and Lucern and got REALLY flirtatious advances from several Swiss girls. One of them wanted to get a drink with me after just a few minutes of conversation while another asked for my number. This occurred sporadically throughout my trip.

I've rarely experienced such a reception outside of Eastern Europe and frankly, always figured Swiss girls would be 'closed' to foreigners (esp. those who don't speak German / French) and not really into non-white dating.

Can any of you tell me what life as a single East Asian guy long-term might be in any of the cities mentioned above? Which city is best for a single guy?
You must be a real Wikipedia reference-linkImran Khan. That certainly isn't normal behavior from "Swiss" Swiss girls. Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:47
terryhall's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Die Südkürve
Posts: 1,794
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,030 Times in 552 Posts
terryhall has a reputation beyond reputeterryhall has a reputation beyond reputeterryhall has a reputation beyond reputeterryhall has a reputation beyond reputeterryhall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

I'd like to turn this thread on it's head, what advice can you give me to get that reaction from local Swiss girls...?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank terryhall for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Groaned at 13 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
truthseeker has slipped a little
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

I'm East Asian, as in Japanese/Korean/Chinese.

I'm 6'2" however and Western-educated. I also date a lot (i.e. have dated girls from France, Germany, Italy, Austria, etc.) so I think I can tell the difference between friendliness and outright sexual interest.

But my mileage varies greatly depending on country, and I just can't understand why it was so positive in Switzerland of all places.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:51
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Perthia
Posts: 1,237
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 905 Times in 446 Posts
Yokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond reputeYokine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Quote:
View Post
I'm East Asian, as in Japanese/Korean/Chinese.
Oops, don't trust me for directions
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:54
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ch
Posts: 2,290
Groaned at 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Are you really going to make a life decision based on how horny we think Swiss girls are? personally I think you need your head (on your shoulders) checked.

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I'm an East Asian guy (educated in the UK) and have a chance to live in Zurich, Lucern, Bern, or Basel.

I was recently in Zurich and Lucern and got REALLY flirtatious advances from several Swiss girls. One of them wanted to get a drink with me after just a few minutes of conversation while another asked for my number. This occurred sporadically throughout my trip.

I've rarely experienced such a reception outside of Eastern Europe and frankly, always figured Swiss girls would be 'closed' to foreigners (esp. those who don't speak German / French) and not really into non-white dating.

Can any of you tell me what life as a single East Asian guy long-term might be in any of the cities mentioned above? Which city is best for a single guy?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank gooner for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:56
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Groaned at 13 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
truthseeker has slipped a little
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Well it's complicated. Let's just say someone is footing the entire bill if I move to Switzerland, which makes it very worth-while for me financially.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01.06.2007, 14:59
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ch
Posts: 2,290
Groaned at 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Quote:
View Post
Well it's complicated. Let's just say someone is footing the entire bill if I move to Switzerland, which makes it very worth-while for me financially.
So is it the opportunity and free-ride or the fast women that will help you make up your mind?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:07
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Groaned at 13 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
truthseeker has slipped a little
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Quote:
View Post
So is it the opportunity and free-ride or the fast women that will help you make up your mind?
The financial free-ride more or less. I can date girls anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:13
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ch
Posts: 2,290
Groaned at 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Quote:
View Post
The financial free-ride more or less. I can date girls anywhere.
Now you can start asking intelligent questions about working and living in Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:15
ama's Avatar
ama ama is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in/around Zug
Posts: 80
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 70 Times in 32 Posts
ama has no particular reputation at present
Boy-toy for sale

Then you should change your post to:
BOY-TOY for sale/rent/lease....etc


Quote:
View Post
The financial free-ride more or less. I can date girls anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:16
panamahat's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Seefeld, Zürich
Posts: 438
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 71 Times in 57 Posts
panamahat has no particular reputation at present
Re: Boy-toy for sale

Quote:
View Post
Then you should change your post to:
BOY-TOY for sale/rent/lease....etc

hahahahahahahaha lmao
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:21
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Groaned at 13 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
truthseeker has slipped a little
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Well it's complicated like I said. I'll leave it at that.

The Swiss girls reactions to me was a surprise though. But I guess it's not something anyone else could comment realistically-speaking on so nevermind.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:24
panamahat's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Seefeld, Zürich
Posts: 438
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 71 Times in 57 Posts
panamahat has no particular reputation at present
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Quote:
View Post
Oops, don't trust me for directions

Brilliant
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:33
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Africa coast.
Posts: 40
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
raistlin has no particular reputation at present
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Laughss......
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:38
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I was recently in Zurich and Lucern and got REALLY flirtatious advances from several Swiss girls. One of them wanted to get a drink with me after just a few minutes of conversation while another asked for my number. This occurred sporadically throughout my trip.

Was the bar somewhere along the Langstrasse or opposite the Rote Fabrik?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Shorrick Mk2 for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 01.06.2007, 15:53
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Shame I don't have the deeds to my grandfathers (now passed away) farm in Murten at 3m Euros

On a serious note here (as someone with very affluent swiss relatives)...

Money flashing in Switzerland is seen as crude/uncultured to the locals. But you're always going to get the shallow types that it attracts as a magnet.

Basically there are more per capita rich people in Switzerland than most places, and how big your house/car is, is pretty much irrelevent.

Saying that the old analogy stands, if you got a flash car, what you making up for?

Last edited by Cata1yst; 01.06.2007 at 16:06. Reason: mispell
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 01.06.2007, 18:07
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Groaned at 13 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
truthseeker has slipped a little
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Some of you guys reek of pettiness.

Where did I ever say I was flashing money? I was walking around in jeans and a t-shirt as a tourist, got inordinate attention from some Swiss girls, and wondered why that happened (meaning, it usually doesn't happen to me very often that girls ask me out and flirt with me blatantly as I experienced in Switzerland). As I said, the last time that happened was when I was traveling in Eastern Europe, probably because they never saw a guy like me before their entire lives.

As I said, this was probably a question better left to another tall East Asian single male or at least non-white guy who's lived the single scene in Switzerland. But I just talked to a Hawaaian guy who's lived in Switzerland for a few years and confirmed some of my hunches, so I learned what I needed.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01.06.2007, 18:12
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ch
Posts: 2,290
Groaned at 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: East Asian guy in Switzerland & Swiss Girls

Before we reek of pettiness, you're first two post consisted of

1) Hey, I'm thinking of moving to Switzerland because the girls are so horny for me
2) Hey, I've got a Million Euros to spend on a pad, any suggestions.

Sounds pretty flashy to me.

Quote:
View Post
Some of you guys reek of pettiness.

Where did I ever say I was flashing money? I was walking around in jeans and a t-shirt as a tourist, got inordinate attention from some Swiss girls, and wondered why that happened (meaning, it usually doesn't happen to me very often that girls ask me out and flirt with me blatantly as I experienced in Switzerland). As I said, the last time that happened was when I was traveling in Eastern Europe, probably because they never saw a guy like me before their entire lives.

As I said, this was probably a question better left to another tall East Asian single male or at least non-white guy who's lived the single scene in Switzerland. But I just talked to a Hawaaian guy who's lived in Switzerland for a few years and confirmed some of my hunches, so I learned what I needed.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank gooner for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
flirt




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One for the boys .... Oh & girls .... Polorise Family matters/health 3 30.04.2007 22:21
How to approach a swiss guy or a grl for friendship.... hksingh83 General off-topic 45 26.04.2007 17:15
Swiss D&B and Breakbeat music shari General off-topic 14 08.12.2006 19:51
New ASIAN member here! corrine ashleigh Introductions 8 08.08.2006 16:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0