Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 25.06.2010, 18:37
Longbyt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 8,105
Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

According to this, the legal age is now 18, unless there is some other legal hurdle to be crossed. Sorry, the sound seems to be 'two-tone' but the text says so anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 25.06.2010, 18:54
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wankdorf
Posts: 243
Groaned at 31 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 124 Times in 60 Posts
ItchyTriggerFinger has made some interesting contributions
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
Sex with prostitutes under 18 to be illegal



The government has approved a parliamentary proposal to raise the legal age of prostitution from 16 to 18 in Switzerland.

This aligns Swiss law with the Council of Europe convention on protecting children under 18 from sexual exploitation and abuse.

The new legislation goes into effect on July 1, announced the government on Friday.
No wonder, Sam has been MIA-ing himself lately. He has 6 days of "rogering them 16" left.

Agree, they should raise the age of consent as well. 16 is still too young.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 25.06.2010, 19:01
herc82's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,624
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 975 Times in 605 Posts
herc82 has a reputation beyond reputeherc82 has a reputation beyond reputeherc82 has a reputation beyond reputeherc82 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
No wonder, Sam has been MIA-ing himself lately. He has 6 days of "rogering them 16" left.

Agree, they should raise the age of consent as well. 16 is still too young.
Who's Sam?

Agreed on the prostitution bit, but the age of consent at 18 would only leave us with a mindboggling number of statutory rapes.. I'd rather we do not repeat other countries' mistakes with that! Unless you are going to promote abstinence for us?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 25.06.2010, 20:25
Emanuella's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 110
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 78 Times in 37 Posts
Emanuella has no particular reputation at present
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
For the girls its quick money, and some make bloody good money, and so do those who hire them.
I went to university with a girl, smart, good-looking, with lots of friends, good background with parents both being teachers. A nice swiss girl.

She was working as an escort during the weekends. Not because she needed cash to finance her studies or had a drug habit, she was doing it because she liked very expensives handbags and wanted to make sure she can afford a manicure every week...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 25.06.2010, 20:48
nickatbasel's Avatar
Mod, Chips and Mushy Peas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Albisrieden
Posts: 5,313
Groaned at 160 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 8,353 Times in 3,094 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Hi,

Quote:
View Post
There was more to it, including giving me more information about how prostitutes are licensed (um, thanks for the info) and telling me that they'd increase the patrols in the area to hopefully deter some of the crime, but the above says that it's legal in this area during the night.
Even if prostitution is legal, vandalism etc is not and I would make a point of reporting each and every incident. You might find the toleration of prostitution by police in the area may go down a bit if they keep getting called out.

I know of someone who lived in the red light district in Amsterdam and she never had problems as the pimps made it their business to ensure "normal" residences were not inconvenienced; after all they don't want the cops crawling around.

Cheers,
Nick
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nickatbasel for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 25.06.2010, 22:22
Nev
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
selling sex to pay for...smack
Quote:
View Post
m working as an escort..because she liked very expensives handbags
Different worlds. Different realities.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 26.06.2010, 00:10
Janice's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NC (previously Birsfelden)
Posts: 93
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 88 Times in 33 Posts
Janice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeable
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Who's Sam?

Agreed on the prostitution bit, but the age of consent at 18 would only leave us with a mindboggling number of statutory rapes.. I'd rather we do not repeat other countries' mistakes with that! Unless you are going to promote abstinence for us?
I teach high school and believe me - 16 year olds are children. Any adult having sex with a 16 year old child should be charged with rape. If you have trouble finding adults your own age for sex, that's disturbing.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Janice for this useful post:
This user groans at Janice for this post:
  #28  
Old 26.06.2010, 01:04
ticino's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 862
Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 398 Times in 224 Posts
ticino is considered knowledgeableticino is considered knowledgeableticino is considered knowledgeable
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Agree, they should raise the age of consent as well. 16 is still too young.
Do you want to jail every Swiss teenager then? I guess at least 80% will have sex before they are 18, probably quite a large number before 16.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ticino for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 26.06.2010, 01:24
ticino's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 862
Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 398 Times in 224 Posts
ticino is considered knowledgeableticino is considered knowledgeableticino is considered knowledgeable
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
I teach high school and believe me - 16 year olds are children. Any adult having sex with a 16 year old child should be charged with rape. If you have trouble finding adults your own age for sex, that's disturbing.
about 2/3 of those "children" do have sex anyway in Switzerland (http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/leben/ge...story/11663246).
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 26.06.2010, 01:46
economisto
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
I teach high school and believe me - 16 year olds are children. Any adult having sex with a 16 year old child should be charged with rape. If you have trouble finding adults your own age for sex, that's disturbing.
Not the 16 year old's I've seen, nor the 16 year olds I knew when I was that age. A 16 year old having sex with a 19 year old is a realistic age gap, and I'm certain a 19 year old is a full blown adult. And when you accept that it's OK for a 16 year old to be having sex, it's pretty weird if you start looking at who they're having sex with.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 26.06.2010, 02:40
Janice's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NC (previously Birsfelden)
Posts: 93
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 88 Times in 33 Posts
Janice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeable
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Read my response again - I said any ADULT that has sex with a 16 year old - teenagers will be teenagers, adult should know better, that's the point, 16 year old still are immature and do stupid things. Adults need to be responsible for their behavior toward children and 16 year olds are still children. If the children has sex with each other, that is a crime of stupidity, but not a crime
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Janice for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 26.06.2010, 02:55
Janice's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NC (previously Birsfelden)
Posts: 93
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 88 Times in 33 Posts
Janice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeable
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
about 2/3 of those "children" do have sex anyway in Switzerland (http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/leben/ge...story/11663246).
And your point is? I am talking about adults taking advantage of children, not teenage sex.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 26.06.2010, 03:29
Janice's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NC (previously Birsfelden)
Posts: 93
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 88 Times in 33 Posts
Janice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeableJanice is considered knowledgeable
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Not the 16 year old's I've seen, nor the 16 year olds I knew when I was that age. A 16 year old having sex with a 19 year old is a realistic age gap, and I'm certain a 19 year old is a full blown adult. And when you accept that it's OK for a 16 year old to be having sex, it's pretty weird if you start looking at who they're having sex with.
I don't accept that its ok for 16 year olds to be having sex. Many do, but I don't feel any 16 year old is mature enough for a sexual relationship and sex as a sport or pass time is just not a good idea.

And you are right, a 16 and 19 year old dating is not a huge age or psychological gap, but what I am talking about is intentional abuse where an older adult is taking advantage of a minor for selfish sexual purposes. For legal purposes, most places will have an age of consent to protect minors from abuse. This is what I was trying to address. Where do you draw that line? Usually it is 18 because that is the age when you become responsible legally for supporting yourself and are expected to deal with the consequences of your decisions. There are people in the world who seek out young teenagers because they are emotionally vulnerable, and easily used. And, of course, maturity is an individual thing and happens gradually through life experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 26.06.2010, 09:47
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

At 16, one shouldn't be thinking about sex. Instead, one should continue to learn more about it. IMHO, raising the age of consent might minimize unwanted teen pregnancy, which is on the rise around the globe.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 26.06.2010, 10:28
Mark75's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: by the lake (either one)
Posts: 2,510
Groaned at 45 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,363 Posts
Mark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
At 16, one shouldn't be thinking about sex.
Good one. Ever been a teen?

Quote:
View Post
IMHO, raising the age of consent might minimize unwanted teen pregnancy[...]
In your dreams...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Mark75 for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 26.06.2010, 18:22
nickatbasel's Avatar
Mod, Chips and Mushy Peas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Albisrieden
Posts: 5,313
Groaned at 160 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 8,353 Times in 3,094 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

At 16 it is possible to join the British Army.

Cheers,
Nick

Quote:
View Post
I don't accept that its ok for 16 year olds to be having sex. Many do, but I don't feel any 16 year old is mature enough for a sexual relationship and sex as a sport or pass time is just not a good idea.

And you are right, a 16 and 19 year old dating is not a huge age or psychological gap, but what I am talking about is intentional abuse where an older adult is taking advantage of a minor for selfish sexual purposes. For legal purposes, most places will have an age of consent to protect minors from abuse. This is what I was trying to address. Where do you draw that line? Usually it is 18 because that is the age when you become responsible legally for supporting yourself and are expected to deal with the consequences of your decisions. There are people in the world who seek out young teenagers because they are emotionally vulnerable, and easily used. And, of course, maturity is an individual thing and happens gradually through life experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 26.06.2010, 20:24
ticino's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 862
Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 398 Times in 224 Posts
ticino is considered knowledgeableticino is considered knowledgeableticino is considered knowledgeable
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
I don't accept that its ok for 16 year olds to be having sex.
Welcome to the world ouside the bible belt. You will realize that very few Europeans will share your opinions. 16, 17 year old teenagers drink alcohol, go out late on Friday nights and spend their summer vacations on Greek islands - without their parents. And, yes, most do have sex as well.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank ticino for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 26.06.2010, 20:42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
At 16 it is possible to join the British Army.

Cheers,
Nick
In Scotland, one is an adult at 16.

I certainly wouldn't have wanted my kids to be taught by someone too blinkered to deal honestly with the realities that make the transition from childhood to adulthood difficult enough already (never mind someone who would add to the challenges by projecting their own problems and neuroses onto them).
.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 26.06.2010, 21:26
seeingbee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 384
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 198 Posts
seeingbee has a reputation beyond reputeseeingbee has a reputation beyond reputeseeingbee has a reputation beyond reputeseeingbee has a reputation beyond reputeseeingbee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the world ouside the bible belt. You will realize that very few Europeans will share your opinions. 16, 17 year old teenagers drink alcohol, go out late on Friday nights and spend their summer vacations on Greek islands - without their parents. And, yes, most do have sex as well.
So maybe it's my Puritanical (ie American) background, but while I do think it's perfectly expectable (huh, I'm pretty sure that's not a word) for teenagers to have sex, it's still 'eww-ie' to think of a thirty+-yr-old having sex w/ a 16 yr old. Stick to your own kind, people!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 26.06.2010, 22:27
maconp11's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 141
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
maconp11 has earned some respectmaconp11 has earned some respect
Re: Where can I learn about prostitution laws in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the world ouside the bible belt. You will realize that very few Europeans will share your opinions. 16, 17 year old teenagers drink alcohol, go out late on Friday nights and spend their summer vacations on Greek islands - without their parents. And, yes, most do have sex as well.
Our Bible Belt teens don't party on the Greek islands, but they do PARTY and party hard. they probably party harder than the other teens listed here, and the reason that it doesn't get reported is the "not my kid" syndrome or in other words, MASSIVE denial. Thanks M
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank maconp11 for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for New employment laws to bring workers to Switzerland Douglas M.Bleisch Employment 0 24.03.2008 14:25
The laws of Switzerland CoryDuchesne General off-topic 20 02.09.2007 20:25
Internet privacy laws in Switzerland jamaicanRUM TV/internet/telephone 4 16.01.2007 00:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0