Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21.01.2011, 15:57
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreux
Posts: 11
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
yaroslav.r777 has slipped a little
Contract as a student

I am from a non-EU country and I am now doing my MBA, so I have B permit for students, I found a job. Legally I have a right to work 15 hours per week...What kind of contract can I sign with the employer? Is it a regular employment contract, that just have a specification that I will work 15 hours per week? And are there any restrictions in the salary that I can earn?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at yaroslav.r777 for this post:
Old 21.01.2011, 19:35
ChatdeChocolat's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St-Prex
Posts: 159
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 117 Times in 62 Posts
ChatdeChocolat has earned the respect of manyChatdeChocolat has earned the respect of manyChatdeChocolat has earned the respect of many
Re: Contract as a student

Hint: it's the same people that answer these threads, no reason to put it in twice

To answer your question, again: if your contract is only 15 hrs a week, you're fine, you'll get paid whatever the employer thinks is ok for that and make a regular contract with you.

If you want to work full time, it will be as if you had no previous permit. All necessary steps to be taken by the employer will still be there, he will have to prove he did not find anyone better than you in Ch or EU17, submit papers, etc, then you'll get a new regular B or L permit and that is it. you do not have special privileges, maybe only that the possibility for rejection is probably smaller.

Now please, stop opening the same thread all over again in another category if you're not happy with my answer. And
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
changing from student visa to full time contract (B permit) Kiwinumber1 Permits/visas/government 6 16.12.2009 22:46
can't get out of contract? Suze Housing in general 0 06.11.2009 00:12
Swiss Student Visa PhD research Student farzaneh Permits/visas/government 8 06.08.2009 17:22
75% contract seyon Employment 7 31.10.2008 20:56
Student Visa for PhD student at ETH Roozbeh Permits/visas/government 3 13.08.2007 09:53

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0