Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 26.06.2011, 14:06
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
Rest of your life? What the **** are you on about economisto? There's life after Banking especially if you leave the beaurocracy of Swiss HR traditions... yada yada yada drivel drivel...
Need new reading glasses?

Quote:
If you try and do over a large bank or similar through deception they have the power and resources to screw you to the wall for the rest of your life.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 26.06.2011, 14:08
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 18,782
Groaned at 371 Times in 289 Posts
Thanked 18,505 Times in 9,985 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
Do we even know if she got fired? I've been reading the entire thread and can't make it out..
No, unfortunately the OP has not updated, hopefully she will be back shortly with an update.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 26.06.2011, 15:57
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 11,724
Groaned at 297 Times in 254 Posts
Thanked 22,023 Times in 8,010 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
No, unfortunately the OP has not updated, hopefully she will be back shortly with an update.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 05.07.2011, 12:37
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 8,086
Groaned at 486 Times in 405 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

So where you fired?? come on I NEED to know
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 05.07.2011, 13:34
Pants-Face's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dietikon, ZH
Posts: 217
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 344 Times in 130 Posts
Pants-Face has an excellent reputationPants-Face has an excellent reputationPants-Face has an excellent reputationPants-Face has an excellent reputation
Re: Fired while on probationary period

I know, I'm also very curious!!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05.07.2011, 13:45
NSchulzi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 2,428
Groaned at 53 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,215 Posts
NSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

I take it that's a yes then (no more access to internet)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 15.11.2012, 21:03
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 263
Groaned at 70 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 192 Times in 116 Posts
mishimishi is considered unworthymishimishi is considered unworthymishimishi is considered unworthy
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
I take it that's a yes then (no more access to internet)

I did not get fired after all. But I did quit.


Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank mishimishi for this useful post:
  #48  
Old 15.11.2012, 21:30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 297
Groaned at 38 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 295 Times in 146 Posts
stubborn has become a little unpopularstubborn has become a little unpopular
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Now or longgggg time ago?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 15.11.2012, 21:36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 263
Groaned at 70 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 192 Times in 116 Posts
mishimishi is considered unworthymishimishi is considered unworthymishimishi is considered unworthy
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
Now or longgggg time ago?

not so long ago.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 16.11.2012, 15:23
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richterswil
Posts: 543
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 378 Times in 169 Posts
Breezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputation
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
not so long ago.
How was the end of probation period meeting?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 16.11.2012, 18:33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 263
Groaned at 70 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 192 Times in 116 Posts
mishimishi is considered unworthymishimishi is considered unworthymishimishi is considered unworthy
Re: Fired while on probationary

The meeting was crazy. Because my boss sensed that I wanted to leave, he denied that there was any doubt to my being accepted. There were a lot of power plays going on in that company, and I am glad I am gone. They are not doing well and were sold to a German company who is trying to fix things, both on the personal and the financial level.

Thanks for asking.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 18.02.2018, 13:21
AKG AKG is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Zurih
Posts: 5
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisance
Re: Fired while on probationary period

I'm going to be fired during my 3 month probation period. I wonder if it's any better to quit the job by myself (putting the pride factor aside)? What's more horrible for a CV and should I omit this blooper from a CV?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at AKG for this post:
  #53  
Old 18.02.2018, 13:32
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,392
Groaned at 183 Times in 151 Posts
Thanked 12,760 Times in 6,683 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
I'm going to be fired during my 3 month probation period. I wonder if it's any better to quit the job by myself (putting the pride factor aside)? What's more horrible for a CV and should I omit this blooper from a CV?
Nope, don't quit job yourself.
Probation times are a good thing (in my opinion), be honest about the reasons it didn't fit.
Once you worked a while in a new job you can leave this short engagement out of your CV.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #54  
Old 18.02.2018, 19:33
AKG AKG is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Zurih
Posts: 5
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisance
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
Nope, don't quit job yourself.
Probation times are a good thing (in my opinion), be honest about the reasons it didn't fit.
Once you worked a while in a new job you can leave this short engagement out of your CV.
Is there any good reason why to be honest with employer? Idea is to protect my own interests and not to disclose information that would act against me or in favor to employer.

As freshman I was burned on few occasions so far, especially during the interviewing process, where employers ask all kinds of stuff (that they shouldn't) and answering on such questions or answering honestly, is just pissing towards the wind.

Examples:
Where are you currently employed? Tell them that you are unemployed and you've just thrown yourself into the gladiator playground. You become the game and employer the player, while it should be vice-versa. Expect being tossed around for weeks or months and they would only hire you if they don't find anything better. You would be offered lower salary, crappy conditions with strict policy, stripped off of bonuses.... It's like going into date game and the woman you're dating believes that you're her only option. Bad idea.

What is your current salary? By telling them, you're setting your upper limit.

Have you already signed contract with other company?are you being interviewed with other employers? Again they want to see how strong cards you have. You want them to believe that you already own the contract so they can't play with you, and that there other employers interested in you, because this rises your value. Similar as in dating game, if woman believes that there are other women lining up with you, she only becomes more interested, assigns more priority and value to you and refrains from playing games. Don't be an option, be priority.

What is your nationality/Where were you born/What is your mother tongue? This one are tricky, especially in Switzerland (in other countries it may be illegal or at least very unethical to ask). Serve them with East Europe, Asia, Middle East etc and you may enter the gladiator game or be quickly excluded.

When on an interview the potential employer asked me about my ethnic origins, at first I've politely refused to answer the question, but was quickly sanctioned with "if you want to continue with the interview, you'll have to state your nationality". At this point I knew that I don't want to work for these guys. For the sake of it, I challenged him with where this information is justified, as I am being interviewed so that my skills and competences are evaluated. They replied with lawyer style, that it's the "internal policy". Finally I've revealed the nationality as they didn't want to move anywhere before getting an answer on this one and the next day I've received email with a note that the next interview will be held after 4 months . Well, still better than 1 year.

In any case, if employer asks similar questions to those mentioned above, it's probably a shitty employer anyways and you're only a potential moneymaking box for him.

Now back to my case, being fired vs quitting voluntarily.
If one quits voluntarily there might be an implication that one is not satisfied with employer (crappy employer, shit conditions or whatsoever) If one is fired, employer was not satisfied with him, and that's because he might be incompetent, a crap person or whatsoever. Based on this, If I would be employer, I would be more interested in a candidate that quit his job, rather than in one who was fired. In my book it's like comparing a confident, competent rebel vs lousy and incompetent

Last edited by 3Wishes; 18.02.2018 at 19:40. Reason: Removed image. Grow up.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at AKG for this post:
  #55  
Old 18.02.2018, 19:38
Samaire13's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CH
Posts: 4,357
Groaned at 125 Times in 101 Posts
Thanked 7,240 Times in 2,755 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

I smell the return of a particular troll.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Samaire13 for this useful post:
  #56  
Old 18.02.2018, 20:35
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,392
Groaned at 183 Times in 151 Posts
Thanked 12,760 Times in 6,683 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
Is there any good reason why to be honest with employer? Idea is to protect my own interests and not to disclose information that would act against me or in favor to employer.

As freshman I was burned on few occasions so far, especially during the interviewing process, where employers ask all kinds of stuff (that they shouldn't) and answering on such questions or answering honestly, is just pissing towards the wind.

Examples:
Where are you currently employed? Tell them that you are unemployed and you've just thrown yourself into the gladiator playground. You become the game and employer the player, while it should be vice-versa. Expect being tossed around for weeks or months and they would only hire you if they don't find anything better. You would be offered lower salary, crappy conditions with strict policy, stripped off of bonuses.... It's like going into date game and the woman you're dating believes that you're her only option. Bad idea.

What is your current salary? By telling them, you're setting your upper limit.

Have you already signed contract with other company?are you being interviewed with other employers? Again they want to see how strong cards you have. You want them to believe that you already own the contract so they can't play with you, and that there other employers interested in you, because this rises your value. Similar as in dating game, if woman believes that there are other women lining up with you, she only becomes more interested, assigns more priority and value to you and refrains from playing games. Don't be an option, be priority.

What is your nationality/Where were you born/What is your mother tongue? This one are tricky, especially in Switzerland (in other countries it may be illegal or at least very unethical to ask). Serve them with East Europe, Asia, Middle East etc and you may enter the gladiator game or be quickly excluded.

When on an interview the potential employer asked me about my ethnic origins, at first I've politely refused to answer the question, but was quickly sanctioned with "if you want to continue with the interview, you'll have to state your nationality". At this point I knew that I don't want to work for these guys. For the sake of it, I challenged him with where this information is justified, as I am being interviewed so that my skills and competences are evaluated. They replied with lawyer style, that it's the "internal policy". Finally I've revealed the nationality as they didn't want to move anywhere before getting an answer on this one and the next day I've received email with a note that the next interview will be held after 4 months . Well, still better than 1 year.

In any case, if employer asks similar questions to those mentioned above, it's probably a shitty employer anyways and you're only a potential moneymaking box for him.

Now back to my case, being fired vs quitting voluntarily.
If one quits voluntarily there might be an implication that one is not satisfied with employer (crappy employer, shit conditions or whatsoever) If one is fired, employer was not satisfied with him, and that's because he might be incompetent, a crap person or whatsoever. Based on this, If I would be employer, I would be more interested in a candidate that quit his job, rather than in one who was fired. In my book it's like comparing a confident, competent rebel vs lousy and incompetent
Yes, Samaire, the smell made me sneeze too

As to OP: If you know it all, why do you ask? LOL.

From your first paragraph I take it it was clearly your fault (as you have to protect yourself by not telling the truth). In that case, yes, it's better not telling the truth.

We had the "must reveal nationality" in your last troll-thread: Foreigners need work-permits, applied for by the employer (unless you have a C). Employer might already have employed all the foreigners he's allowed to.

Well, I wish you luck - you'll need it.
One last tip:
<<Similar as in dating game, if woman believes that there are other women lining up with you, she only becomes more interested, assigns more priority and value to you and refrains from playing games.>>
I bet you're not very good in the dating game either, this shit doesn't work with Swiss woman. Might brush that up too while you're at it.

<unsubscribing from this thread ...... >
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #57  
Old 18.02.2018, 20:45
AKG AKG is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Zurih
Posts: 5
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisance
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
Yes, Samaire, the smell made me sneeze too

As to OP: If you know it all, why do you ask? LOL.

From your first paragraph I take it it was clearly your fault (as you have to protect yourself by not telling the truth). In that case, yes, it's better not telling the truth.

We had the "must reveal nationality" in your last troll-thread: Foreigners need work-permits, applied for by the employer (unless you have a C). Employer might already have employed all the foreigners he's allowed to.

Well, I wish you luck - you'll need it.
One last tip:
<<Similar as in dating game, if woman believes that there are other women lining up with you, she only becomes more interested, assigns more priority and value to you and refrains from playing games.>>
I bet you're not very good in the dating game either, this shit doesn't work with Swiss woman. Might brush that up too while you're at it.

<unsubscribing from this thread ...... >
it works with all women especially younger ones, regardless of nationality because it's a biological-evolutionary property and not cultural.

"Doesn't work with swiss women " LOL. Tell this to my male model friends. They slam a new local girl every weekend.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at AKG for this post:
  #58  
Old 18.02.2018, 21:20
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,016
Groaned at 1,992 Times in 1,508 Posts
Thanked 34,469 Times in 16,395 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
I smell the return STENCH of a particular troll.
FTFY.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #59  
Old 18.02.2018, 21:22
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,016
Groaned at 1,992 Times in 1,508 Posts
Thanked 34,469 Times in 16,395 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
"Doesn't work with swiss women " LOL. Tell this to my male model friends. They slam a new local girl every weekend.
You have friends?

This is disturbing.

Are any over age 10?

Pity that Musk didn't use you as his dummy.

Or did he?

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 18.02.2018, 23:15
AKG AKG is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Zurih
Posts: 5
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisance
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
You have friends?

This is disturbing.

Are any over age 10?

Pity that Musk didn't use you as his dummy.

Or did he?

Tom
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting fired in Switzerland Sound lady Employment 24 27.05.2018 13:33
Fired while sick gravitycantforget Employment 11 19.03.2011 12:10
almost fired even Im in the hospital..... Renata74 Employment 13 24.07.2010 20:08
Why i was fired! Joanna Jokes/funnies 5 29.07.2008 10:57


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0