Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06.09.2006, 16:46
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Gallen
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vera2006 has no particular reputation at present
Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Dear Everyone,

Recently I have several interviews for tech. specialist positions in research institutes in both Basel and Zurich areas. The positions require a PhD degree and PostDoc experiences, but aren't permanent (3 to 5 yrs contract, renewable depends on research funds). Since I just came to Switzerland and have no idea about the salary range, can someone give me a few tips about how much I can expect for such positions? Thanks in advance,

Vera
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11.07.2011, 17:56
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 207
Groaned at 20 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 57 Times in 44 Posts
simpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthy
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Quote:
View Post
Dear Everyone,

Recently I have several interviews for tech. specialist positions in research institutes in both Basel and Zurich areas. The positions require a PhD degree and PostDoc experiences, but aren't permanent (3 to 5 yrs contract, renewable depends on research funds). Since I just came to Switzerland and have no idea about the salary range, can someone give me a few tips about how much I can expect for such positions? Thanks in advance,

Vera

Hello Vera , i wish you sorted it out now , i just wanna ask where are you now ?!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11.07.2011, 17:57
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,435
Groaned at 629 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Nicky, I'm here googling some research so I can answer this.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 11.07.2011, 18:00
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,435
Groaned at 629 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Quote:
View Post
Dear Everyone,

Recently I have several interviews for tech. specialist positions in research institutes in both Basel and Zurich areas. The positions require a PhD degree and PostDoc experiences, but aren't permanent (3 to 5 yrs contract, renewable depends on research funds). Since I just came to Switzerland and have no idea about the salary range, can someone give me a few tips about how much I can expect for such positions? Thanks in advance,

Vera
Quote:
View Post
Nicky, I'm here googling some research so I can answer this.
Ok, my sources tell me a good, comfortable 120k plus benefits.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 11.07.2011, 18:22
jako's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richterswil
Posts: 865
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 513 Times in 283 Posts
jako has a reputation beyond reputejako has a reputation beyond reputejako has a reputation beyond reputejako has a reputation beyond repute
Is someone on drugs here?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11.07.2011, 18:55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 207
Groaned at 20 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 57 Times in 44 Posts
simpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthy
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Quote:
View Post
Ok, my sources tell me a good, comfortable 120k plus benefits.

can you do it 170 K for me as really many poeple here they will not like it if less than 150 K


Always asking where is Vera 2006 now ! ;(
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank simpa for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 11.07.2011, 19:00
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,435
Groaned at 629 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Quote:
View Post
Well, I hope for you that google is right on that one !
My googles are never wrong...
Jokes aside..I used simple logic. The position requires a doctoral degree along with some post doc experiences. ZH and Basel have higher salaries than the rest of Switzerland. Here is a good website, where you can add your details and it should give you an accurate figure of what you can expect.

http://www.lohnrechner.ch/usage/fors...twicklung.html

I've already preset it to "research and development"..let me know if you need help with the German.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11.07.2011, 19:02
Amande's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Baden area
Posts: 138
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 67 Times in 36 Posts
Amande has earned some respectAmande has earned some respect
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

2006 !!
Oups !! I'll check next time ! And delete my post right away !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11.07.2011, 19:03
economisto
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Quote:
View Post
Hello Vera , i wish you sorted it out now , i just wanna ask where are you now ?!
"Vera" hasn't been online for almost 4 years. Please try and check this sort of thing before replying to such an old thread.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 11.07.2011, 19:09
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 207
Groaned at 20 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 57 Times in 44 Posts
simpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthysimpa is considered unworthy
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Quote:
View Post
"Vera" hasn't been online for almost 4 years. Please try and check this sort of thing before replying to such an old thread.

really i know that . but i am very curious if someone can tell me where he/she now ? i amvery curious and i am trying to know how it end up with her/him
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank simpa for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 11.07.2011, 19:15
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,435
Groaned at 629 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary range - Specialist (Life Science), Zurich and Basel Area

Quote:
View Post
really i know that . but i am very curious if someone can tell me where he/she now ? i amvery curious and i am trying to know how it end up with her/him
There is only one person who has all the answers.

www.mike-shiva.ch
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0