Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27.11.2011, 13:36
ground's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Exquisite AG
Posts: 274
Groaned at 59 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 159 Times in 81 Posts
ground has earned some respectground has earned some respect
Help with decision

Hi guys, I know that my following question has to be decided by me in the end, but maybe you can share your opinion?

Quick details - We are living in Basel, wife is on a fixed employment, I am a contractor. Two offers arrived Friday, I have to decide. In Basel I get 70CHF/hour for a Project Management position (through an agency, they have disclosed what they are charging, which is fair, but the rate seems to based on historical reasons, as per them, it is a entry-level PM position). In Zurich I have 100CHF/hour, but it is a technical position. Contract in Basel is a few months (option to extend), Zurich 6 months (option to extend). Of course, both agencies are promising great chances once you start. Basel would be Pharma, Zurich Banking. I was doing technical / Project work until now with a 70/30 percentage, but I was looking to shift that more towards Project Management. When it comes to branch, Banking is atm more interesting for me, since I have been working some time in Pharma, but for another company. I was also looking to move to Zug with wifey, but the thing would be that she would need to find a job there as well. So if I would decide for Zurich, the next months will be stressful, everyday commuting, arranging a move, bad work-life-balance etc. The logic tells me Basel, my guts scream more Zurich.
Reply With Quote
Old 27.11.2011, 15:19
magic's Avatar
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Versoix
Posts: 1,150
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 799 Times in 336 Posts
magic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with decision

Pharma and Banking both being squeezed at the moment, unless there is some really major advantage being local I would go for the one paying the most money.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asylum seeker - family reunion with a pending decision question chuchu Permits/visas/government 6 23.10.2011 18:56
Job offer, big decision, any help? pattyhook Introductions 72 21.07.2009 11:04
Help On A Decision flow23 General off-topic 13 21.04.2008 19:46
Urgent!! Help on decision needed [Where in Basel shall I lay my hat?] Trollope Housing in general 0 12.03.2008 19:43

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0