Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 18.02.2012, 16:55
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [ZURICH] Job Interview Experience in an Investment Company

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, I am indeed very content
As well you should be. It's very good offer. Congratulations. Now, let's keep our fingers crossed that they grant you a B.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 18.02.2012, 19:23
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,514
Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [ZURICH] Job Interview Experience in an Investment Company

Quote:
View Post
As I said and I repeat the amount of holidays granted is not going to be reduced, because apparently I am going to have 25 holidays this year, and if I am not sick a single day this year the employer will give me 28 days next year.
To-mah-toe. To-may-to.

Listen. Does it say in your contract that "if you're not sick you get three days extra"? If yes, that means your actual holiday entitlement is 28 days - 3 of which are conditional upon not being sick.

Not to mention that awarding you 3 days "next year" for not being sick "this year" is also a bit contravening to CO326c.

But as I say, if you want to be shafted... by all means. I wouldn't touch such an employer with a barge pole.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18.02.2012, 20:28
vlad_island's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 433
Groaned at 39 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
vlad_island has annoyed a few people around herevlad_island has annoyed a few people around here
Re: [ZURICH] Job Interview Experience in an Investment Company

That's all a matter of interpretation. I doubt as well that anything is going to be said about the (potential) bonus as well... once Ill sign the contract, Ill post a comment on this 3 days bonus thing. I don't care much about it, for me 25 days suffice


Quote:
View Post
To-mah-toe. To-may-to.

Listen. Does it say in your contract that "if you're not sick you get three days extra"? If yes, that means your actual holiday entitlement is 28 days - 3 of which are conditional upon not being sick.

Not to mention that awarding you 3 days "next year" for not being sick "this year" is also a bit contravening to CO326c.

But as I say, if you want to be shafted... by all means. I wouldn't touch such an employer with a barge pole.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18.02.2012, 23:24
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,514
Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [ZURICH] Job Interview Experience in an Investment Company

Quote:
View Post
That's all a matter of interpretation. I doubt as well that anything is going to be said about the (potential) bonus as well... once Ill sign the contract, Ill post a comment on this 3 days bonus thing. I don't care much about it, for me 25 days suffice
I realise this is your first professional experience so i'll share this nugget with you - whenever something in the investment world is "a matter of interpretation" means it is a) illegal, and b) supposed to get you screwed.

In general employment contracts, same as marriages, should have no details "left to interpretation"....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 18.02.2012, 23:52
vlad_island's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 433
Groaned at 39 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
vlad_island has annoyed a few people around herevlad_island has annoyed a few people around here
Re: [ZURICH] Job Interview Experience in an Investment Company

To my knowledge the bonus is always obscure. You get it in a good year, but no any guarantee on it... So one would need to work hard and hope for a good year.


Quote:
View Post
I realise this is your first professional experience so i'll share this nugget with you - whenever something in the investment world is "a matter of interpretation" means it is a) illegal, and b) supposed to get you screwed.

In general employment contracts, same as marriages, should have no details "left to interpretation"....
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Job interview - salary and further conditions [Investment and risk-management]]] vlad_island Employment 4 01.02.2012 18:09
incorporating an investment company zfun Business & entrepreneur 2 07.04.2010 00:25
Investment Company GoneGoing Finance/banking/taxation 0 04.01.2010 20:52
Please share your experience in attending interview for switzerland work permit needhelp Permits/visas/government 20 23.07.2008 22:31
can an offshore company open an account in Switzerland? MarcoBam Finance/banking/taxation 6 26.03.2008 16:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0