Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22.04.2012, 20:46
Vlh22's Avatar
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK, formerly Vaud
Posts: 1,319
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,983 Times in 642 Posts
Vlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond reputeVlh22 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work conditions as a Nanny


I'm not an expert on permits, but having read this thread, your questions, and the link you posted, I think you (and possibly this potential employer) are getting confused about what kind of permit you need.

As an EU citziten, you don't need a 'work permit'. You need to apply for a 'residence permit'. On the link you posted, you come under this category:

Does a work permit have to be acquired for EU-25 nationals?

No. EU-25 nationals have complete freedom of movement. However, if they intend to work in Switzerland for more than 90 days they have to register with the residents registration office before starting work. If they are able to submit an employment contract from a Swiss employer, residence formalities can be completed by the Migration Office and no additional work permit is required. If you are applying for gainful employment of up to 90 days, please use the Registration procedure.
All the business about employers applying for work permits doesn't apply to you because you are Spanish and therefore an EU citizen and entitled to work here under the free movement of persons agreement.

What you will need to do:

When you move to Switzerland, go to your commune office and register as a resident. You have to do this within eight days of arrival. You will need to provide proof of where you live, your passport, birth certificate and two passport photos. If you have at this point already been offered a job, you will also need to show your offer of employment or contract. The process will then be started for you to receive your residence permit.

I think you can also come to Switzerland for 3 months to look for work... but am not 100% sure so you might want someone more knowledgeable to confirm that.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
Old 22.04.2012, 21:12
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
laurapp has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work conditions as a Nanny

Ok, since I already have an accomodation, then I guess that would be the eassiest way. It seems that the restriction of the employee to ask for you work permit is only for out of the EU 25. Then I guess I will just ask for a regular contract and get the B permit myself with the contract so I dont need to take any mandatory language course from the beginning.
Thank you again for all you replies!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank laurapp for this useful post:
Old 25.04.2012, 13:23
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
conniezc has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work conditions as a Nanny


here is a link for a good ch nanny agency.. i have a friend who is a nanny
and works for them ...good working conditions..

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to work legally as a nanny di_deedee Permits/visas/government 2 10.07.2008 13:23

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0