Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25.03.2014, 03:34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: .
Posts: 32
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Castor has annoyed a few people around hereCastor has annoyed a few people around here
Unemployment payment suspension appeal

Hi,

It appears payment of my unemployment benefits will be suspended for a few days because I did not submit my job search summary within the first five days of the following month.

It appears there is an appeal process one can undertake if one does not agree with the suspension... has anyone tried this? Is it a good/worthwhile idea?

Everything points to the suspension following the law, but on the other hand, my case worker did not tell me I had the obligation to submit these at the beginning of each month. Not sure how much of a defense this is though.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25.03.2014, 06:59
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,378
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

It appears payment of my unemployment benefits will be suspended for a few days because I did not submit my job search summary within the first five days of the following month.

It appears there is an appeal process one can undertake if one does not agree with the suspension... has anyone tried this? Is it a good/worthwhile idea?

Everything points to the suspension following the law, but on the other hand, my case worker did not tell me I had the obligation to submit these at the beginning of each month. Not sure how much of a defense this is though.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
The requirement to submit in 5 days is written on the form. So when you got a letter telling you were late, how long before you submitted?
Did you not go to an intro meeting, where the rules are spelled out.
If you appeal the punishment could be increased, tread carefully.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 25.03.2014, 08:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,886
Groaned at 180 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 8,438 Times in 2,841 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

I very much doubt that they would not tell you about this rule, everyone I know who had to go to the RAV knew about this rule. I don't know about the form, but I'm sure it must say so on it too, or in the information given to you by the RAV. If you have valid reasons for not submitting the information, then maybe talk to your case worker, but otherwise I guess you'll just have to chalk it up as "School of Life Fees".
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Kittster for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 25.03.2014, 12:22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: .
Posts: 32
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Castor has annoyed a few people around hereCastor has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

No, no intro meeting... apparently my case worker thought my french isn't good enough though and I wouldn't get anything out of it. Though you are right, it is written on the form itself.

I didn't get any notice saying I was late... I simply gave it in at the next meeting, which I thought would be fine.

I think I'm just going to have to attribute this to miscommunication... thanks all.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Castor for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 25.03.2014, 13:55
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,378
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

Quote:
View Post
No, no intro meeting... apparently my case worker thought my french isn't good enough though and I wouldn't get anything out of it. Though you are right, it is written on the form itself.

I didn't get any notice saying I was late... I simply gave it in at the next meeting, which I thought would be fine.

I think I'm just going to have to attribute this to miscommunication... thanks all.
It's possible your invite to your next meeting letter specifically told you to bring it to the meeting.......if that is written than you should be able to successfully appeal.
I had one advisor play that game....my meeting was on the 7th, he lectured me for 10 minutes. I then showed him his letter & he shut up.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 25.03.2014, 14:32
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

It appears payment of my unemployment benefits will be suspended for a few days because I did not submit my job search summary within the first five days of the following month.

It appears there is an appeal process one can undertake if one does not agree with the suspension... has anyone tried this? Is it a good/worthwhile idea?

Everything points to the suspension following the law, but on the other hand, my case worker did not tell me I had the obligation to submit these at the beginning of each month. Not sure how much of a defense this is though.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

I don't think appealing will take you any where, the law is the law. On the positive side though, you are lucky they only decided to delay the payment, usually they would fine you i.e: deducting a sum from your monthly payment, ending up with me less money.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nasa2000 for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 25.03.2014, 14:37
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,378
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

Quote:
View Post
I don't think appealing will take you any where, the law is the law. On the positive side though, you are lucky they only decided to delay the payment, usually they would fine you i.e: deducting a sum from your monthly payment, ending up with me less money.
I think this is a fine, why would the OP start a thread if the payment was delayed...it's being withheld I.e. Not paid as a punishment
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 25.03.2014, 14:40
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

Quote:
View Post
I think this is a fine, why would the OP start a thread if the payment was delayed...it's being withheld I.e. Not paid as a punishment
I see, to my understanding "suspended for few days" sounded like a temporary suspension.

cheers
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nasa2000 for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 25.03.2014, 15:54
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ariovistus99 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

During my experience with the RAV, I twice needed to appeal decisions related to quality and timeliness of submissions. In both instances I had valid reasons (one was as a result of RAV system issue). If I hadn't appealed, I would have simply lost out. My counselor eventually told me that they simply apply the standard processes without any thought, knowing that they only need to think once they're challenged.
In your case, even if you missed the intro session, you should have received all the regulations and processes in writing. From your post I assume that you received the submission form. The rest would have been included with that.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ariovistus99 for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 25.03.2014, 16:21
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 244
Groaned at 63 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 121 Times in 68 Posts
MarkH is considered unworthyMarkH is considered unworthyMarkH is considered unworthyMarkH is considered unworthy
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

http://www.awa.zh.ch/internet/volksw...html#a-content

All the info is on this link.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank MarkH for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 28.03.2014, 10:48
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: .
Posts: 32
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Castor has annoyed a few people around hereCastor has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Unemployment payment suspension appeal

The word used was "suspendu", so it would seem like I was suspended, not fined.

Nonetheless, given I have fixed costs which cannot be suspended, it is not a good thing.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orange payment slip payment from abroad immie Finance/banking/taxation 13 15.01.2015 13:23
Paid unemployment benefits being reclaimed by unemployment office johnmayer Employment 6 21.09.2012 08:11
The relation between redundancy package and unemployment payment Juice Employment 11 14.07.2012 11:31
Not entitled to unemployment payment on 1 year B permit!! sounds fishy.. travnett Employment 18 23.03.2011 10:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0