Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 29.07.2016, 07:49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
niksmano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Dear Ambypower,

I am also in the same situation like you. after 5.5 years of completion of my husbands term in Switzerland on a tied B permit,Husband`s employer has refused to apply for B Permit extension.

My employer has filed the case today with the canton in which the company is located. i have relocated and registered myself on a dependent B in the same canton/commune last week.We have one month in hand to leave the country.

Awaiting reply from the employment authorities. Kindly keep me posted on your status, which might help us too. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 29.07.2016, 08:54
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,153
Groaned at 409 Times in 317 Posts
Thanked 17,131 Times in 9,637 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Um, you do realise that part of the conditions for having/keeping your dependent's permit is that you live with your spouse and not at a separate location.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 29.07.2016, 10:41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
ambypower has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Dear Ambypower,

I am also in the same situation like you. after 5.5 years of completion of my husbands term in Switzerland on a tied B permit,Husband`s employer has refused to apply for B Permit extension.

My employer has filed the case today with the canton in which the company is located. i have relocated and registered myself on a dependent B in the same canton/commune last week.We have one month in hand to leave the country.

Awaiting reply from the employment authorities. Kindly keep me posted on your status, which might help us too. Thank you

Hi

We have been informed that we can wait in Switzerland till we get any decision from the Labor office but cannot work after the permit expiry .
The decision will be taken once the existing permit expires.

We will be staying in Zurich till we get any decision, will only move to Basel in case my wife gets permit and we are not allowed to stay in Zurich.

Last edited by ambypower; 29.07.2016 at 10:44. Reason: missing info
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 29.07.2016, 13:21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
niksmano has no particular reputation at present
Thank you for some positive response.

In my case i found from the population office that the permit is an unlimited one but it is currently under the category of family reunion as i am a dependent and the expiry date is till May 2017(which is different from my husband`s date of expiry )

May be you also can check if your wife`s permit is also unlimited one (clue: L.C.F <Date> written behind the permit card )

Quote:
View Post
Um, you do realise that part of the conditions for having/keeping your dependent's permit is that you live with your spouse and not at a separate location.
No, this morning commune office confirmed me that husband and wife can stay in different Cantons but cannot stay more than ninety days together in the same canton. If so then you need to register one address as main residence address and the other as secondary residence.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 29.07.2016 at 16:00. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 29.07.2016, 14:12
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,153
Groaned at 409 Times in 317 Posts
Thanked 17,131 Times in 9,637 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Um, sorry, but no. From the Foreign Nationals Act.

"Art. 44 Spouses and children of persons with a residence permit

The foreign spouse and unmarried children under 18 of a person with a residence permit may be granted a residence permit if:

a. they live with the permit holder;
b. suitable housing is available; and
c. they do not depend on social assistance.

Art. 45 Spouses and children of persons with a short stay permit

The foreign spouses and unmarried children under 18 of a person with a short stay permit may be granted a short stay permit, if:

a. they live with the permit holder;
b. suitable housing is available; and
c. they do not depend on social assistance."

https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifi...232/index.html

Even C dependent permit holders are under the same restriction.

"You are holding a settlement permit (permit C)

Third-country nationals holding a settlement permit (permit C) may bring, under the condition that they live together, the following family members to Switzerland under the family reunification programme:

•Spouse, registered partnership,
•Children under the age of 18."

https://www.ch.ch/en/family-reunification/

The only provisions for living separately would be if you were being physically and/or mentally abused, etc. Not just because you want to move for your job.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02.08.2016, 07:01
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
niksmano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi

We have been informed that we can wait in Switzerland till we get any decision from the Labor office but cannot work after the permit expiry .
The decision will be taken once the existing permit expires.

We will be staying in Zurich till we get any decision, will only move to Basel in case my wife gets permit and we are not allowed to stay in Zurich.
Hello Ambypower,

Just wanted to know if you have de-registerd your Wife`s permit in Zurich and then registered in Basel before you applied for the NEW independent Permit? Because in Thun commune (Canton Of Bern )where i would be moving to, they asked me to first de-register in the Canton of Vaud and then register here before initiation of the NEW permit process.

I am confused and worried before de-registering. Kindly post your inputs on how you were told and started your wife`s permit process
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02.08.2016, 09:25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
ambypower has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hello Ambypower,

Just wanted to know if you have de-registerd your Wife`s permit in Zurich and then registered in Basel before you applied for the NEW independent Permit? Because in Thun commune (Canton Of Bern )where i would be moving to, they asked me to first de-register in the Canton of Vaud and then register here before initiation of the NEW permit process.

I am confused and worried before de-registering. Kindly post your inputs on how you were told and started your wife`s permit process
Hi Niksmano

We haven't been asked to de-register , we have only informed Kriesburo in Zurich that the application is filed in Basel and will need grace period to stay till the decision comes.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02.08.2016, 10:01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Waadt
Posts: 32
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 18 Times in 6 Posts
sannder has made some interesting contributions
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

How about that law that says that after 5 years you are entitled to keep your right to stay, even if you are non-EU, given that you can sustain yourself financially ?

It seems a little absurd in case a new permit is issued and all the previous years don't count in case you want to jump to a C permit.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02.08.2016, 10:33
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,153
Groaned at 409 Times in 317 Posts
Thanked 17,131 Times in 9,637 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
How about that law that says that after 5 years you are entitled to keep your right to stay, even if you are non-EU, given that you can sustain yourself financially ?

It seems a little absurd in case a new permit is issued and all the previous years don't count in case you want to jump to a C permit.
What law?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #50  
Old 15.08.2016, 00:56
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
niksmano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Dear Amby Power,

Do you have any status on your wife`s independent work permit application.

I am waiting for the answer from the commune to still apply for my permit

Thanks,

WR,
Niks
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 16.08.2016, 10:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
ambypower has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Hi,
we are still waiting for an update , till when is your dependent permit valid?

Quote:
View Post
Dear Amby Power,

Do you have any status on your wife`s independent work permit application.

I am waiting for the answer from the commune to still apply for my permit

Thanks,

WR,
Niks
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 18.08.2016, 17:40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
niksmano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
we are still waiting for an update , till when is your dependent permit valid?
Hi,

My permit is valid untill 27 April 2017. They are processing my Canton change and only after they will apply for a individual permit. Good news is thun immigration has special rights to approve the work/resident permit themselves without going to the cantonal level.Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at niksmano for this post:
  #53  
Old 18.08.2016, 17:52
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,153
Groaned at 409 Times in 317 Posts
Thanked 17,131 Times in 9,637 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

My permit is valid untill 27 April 2017. They are processing my Canton change and only after they will apply for a individual permit. Good news is thun immigration has special rights to approve the work/resident permit themselves without going to the cantonal level.Fingers crossed.
Really? Why?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 23.08.2016, 20:02
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
niksmano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Really? Why?
yes, Please read the below link.

The Bern Government Department of Immigration (German/French) is responsible for issuing, prolonging and revoking residence permits. Exceptions are the cities of Bern, Biel and Thun, where the correspondent municipal immigration authorities are responsible for those issues.

https://www.portal.sites.be.ch/porta...migration.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank niksmano for this useful post:
  #55  
Old 23.08.2016, 20:56
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,153
Groaned at 409 Times in 317 Posts
Thanked 17,131 Times in 9,637 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

How very strange. Bern I can sort of understand, being the capital of Switzerland, but Thun and Biel? I would have guessed cities like Zurich, Geneva and Lausanne would more likely have that right. And why cities anyway? Usually it's the cantonal authority and then federal after that for non-EU nationals. Given that Biel is in Bern canton, seems even more strange.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 24.08.2016, 10:19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 38
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Daydreamer has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Was it the Company which refused to apply for extension of B permit after 2 years or the authorities denied extension despite application by the Company?
In case of latter, was it the Amt for wirtschaft und arbeit or migrationsamt?
just wondering if permit renewal will be a tricky affair!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 24.08.2016, 15:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bern
Posts: 402
Groaned at 99 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 318 Times in 179 Posts
Sublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthy
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

My permit is valid untill 27 April 2017. They are processing my Canton change and only after they will apply for a individual permit. Good news is thun immigration has special rights to approve the work/resident permit themselves without going to the cantonal level.Fingers crossed.
What a nonsense. How do you come to the conclusion they have special rights?? They do not. They follow exactly the same laws and rules. It is only a distribution of work load. Full stop.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 30.08.2016, 14:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
niksmano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
What a nonsense. How do you come to the conclusion they have special rights?? They do not. They follow exactly the same laws and rules. It is only a distribution of work load. Full stop.
Yes, you can say the work is distributed or they have different rights, they are just different. Why does other districts in the same canton does not have the same privilages (work distribution as you say.) They definitely have to follow the same rules but the decision can be taken at their end, this is what makes them special.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05.09.2016, 16:42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
ambypower has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Hi All

Is there anyone who got a permit decision in recent times, our application was filed in mid-June , still awaiting final decision
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 14.09.2016, 14:07
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
ambypower has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work Permit application for Dependent Working in Switzerland

Dear EF members

Finally, we got the decision My wife got the positive response to the WP application . Now waiting for the Residence permit .

Thanks everyone for the support and answers to so many queries during anxious times
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ambypower for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
dependent visa, dependent's workpermit, independent visa




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working 6 months in Switzerland and getting Work Permit Rabit Permits/visas/government 3 04.05.2015 16:46
Need help - Regarding dependent work permit and VISA for Switzerland ppa Permits/visas/government 1 18.10.2010 06:43
Dependent L permint, living in Switzerland, working for a US company? alefsin Finance/banking/taxation 3 18.06.2010 17:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0