Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11.12.2017, 17:04
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Basel
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TramLinieZwei has no particular reputation at present
How many times can you claim RAV?

hi all,

Following my move to Switzerland, after about 3 years I was made unemployed and claimed RAV for 9 months before I found another position. I have now been working for another 4 four years, if I was made unemployed again would my RAV unemployment insurance be "reset" or would it only be good for another 9 months?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11.12.2017, 17:15
Ace1's Avatar
A modal singularity
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morgins, VS (and Alsace)
Posts: 8,716
Groaned at 352 Times in 225 Posts
Thanked 14,743 Times in 6,408 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

Quote:
View Post
hi all,

Following my move to Switzerland, after about 3 years I was made unemployed and claimed RAV for 9 months before I found another position. I have now been working for another 4 four years, if I was made unemployed again would my RAV unemployment insurance be "reset" or would it only be good for another 9 months?
No, there's no over fixed limit. As long as you meet the requirements, i.e. you have been employed and paying into the RAV pot for the required time, your entitlement is the same as it was the first time round.

The only complication is when you've been claiming, then go back to work for less than two years, in which case there's a pro-rata calculation used to determine the length the benefit can be paid.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Ace1 for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 11.12.2017, 18:56
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,582
Groaned at 171 Times in 111 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

You'll have to have completed 12 months work in the last 24 months to qualify. Please trust but verify.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Uncle Max for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 11.12.2017, 19:08
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 19,389
Groaned at 413 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 19,324 Times in 10,387 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

Quote:
View Post
You'll have to have completed 12 months work in the last 24 months to qualify. Please trust but verify.
Quote:
View Post
The only complication is when you've been claiming, then go back to work for less than two years, in which case there's a pro-rata calculation used to determine the length the benefit can be paid.
The same rules happen during a rahemnfrist so if someone is unemployed for 11 months & then works for 12 months then unemployed again, the first month claim is based on the old pay rate. It's possible to claim a new rahemnfrist as the 12 months in 24 months rule is satisfied. If your a month or so short then getting a job doing anything can fill the gap. Insured salary is based on either last 6 or 12 months earnings whichever gives the bigger no. It's therefore possible to have an insured salary significantly higher than annual earnings.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 11.12.2017, 19:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Basel
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TramLinieZwei has no particular reputation at present
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

Many thanks all for the information
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11.12.2017, 19:23
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 14,101
Groaned at 275 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 17,358 Times in 7,344 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

Quote:
View Post
The same rules happen during a rahemnfrist so if someone is unemployed for 11 months & then works for 12 months then unemployed again, the first month claim is based on the old pay rate. It's possible to claim a new rahemnfrist as the 12 months in 24 months rule is satisfied. If your a month or so short then getting a job doing anything can fill the gap. Insured salary is based on either last 6 or 12 months earnings whichever gives the bigger no. It's therefore possible to have an insured salary significantly higher than annual earnings.
i hope i'm never in the position of needing to read the above and decode it!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 15.12.2017, 14:46
Dack Rambo's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,911
Groaned at 191 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 1,885 Times in 929 Posts
Dack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputation
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

Quote:
View Post
The same rules happen during a rahemnfrist so if someone is unemployed for 11 months & then works for 12 months then unemployed again, the first month claim is based on the old pay rate. It's possible to claim a new rahemnfrist as the 12 months in 24 months rule is satisfied. If your a month or so short then getting a job doing anything can fill the gap. Insured salary is based on either last 6 or 12 months earnings whichever gives the bigger no. It's therefore possible to have an insured salary significantly higher than annual earnings.
I was working for 3 years 100%. Then I worked for 15 months at 80% after which I was unemployed for three months. During those three months I received RAV payments based on my salary during the time I worked 80%. So far so good.
Then I got a one year contract working at 100%. This contract ends in two months time and will not be renewed so unfortunately I will be back on RAV again. My "Rahmenfrist" continues until December 2018 so I had feared that my RAV payments until that time would be the same as during my three months of unemployment.
However your sentence (highlighted above) gives me some hope! Do you think that I could ask for a new "Rahmenfrist" based on the fact that I had worked the previous 12 months?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15.12.2017, 15:46
Dack Rambo's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,911
Groaned at 191 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 1,885 Times in 929 Posts
Dack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputation
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

Actually on the site "http://www.guidechomage.ch" I found the following:

"si pendant le délai-cadre d’indemnisation l’assuré a travaillé pendant 6 mois consécutifs au moins avant de retomber au chômage pour un salaire supérieur à son gain assuré (l’indemnité de chômage est alors recalculée selon ce nouveau gain) ;"

"if during the indemnity period the insured worked for at least 6 consecutive months before falling back into unemployment for a salary higher than his insured earnings (the unemployment benefit is then recalculated according to this new gain);"

This suggests to me that I am now entitled to a RAV payment based on my salary during the last 12 months once I become unemployed again.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15.12.2017, 16:17
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,663
Groaned at 2,103 Times in 1,570 Posts
Thanked 35,443 Times in 16,813 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many times can you claim RAV?

Quote:
View Post
This suggests to me that I am now entitled to a RAV payment based on my salary during the last 12 months once I become unemployed again.
Yes.

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cookbooks - How Many Do You Have & How Many Are Used? Medea Fleecestealer Food and drink 54 19.07.2017 15:45
Poll: How Many Times Have You Moved House? Mrs. Doolittle General off-topic 21 25.06.2013 10:08
How soon can you claim against rental insurance? boston617 Housing in general 3 21.07.2012 10:57
How many times do you have to post before... Baselinstincts Forum support 2 02.08.2010 23:36
How many times to do you hit snooze? larrylizzard General off-topic 52 30.09.2007 12:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0