English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Employment (https://www.englishforum.ch/employment/)
-   -   Employee rights (https://www.englishforum.ch/employment/2893-employee-rights.html)

Ronald Mast 27.12.2006 20:21

Employee rights
 
Hello,

I have some questions about employee rights and help.
This year I was injured at work and have a "Tennis arm" by performing the same movement frequently at work. I work in the metal industry.
My doctor signed me off 100% for a month and I am feeling better now and the doctor wants me to go back and try working 30%. Last time I mentioned this to my employer he wasnt keen on me working anything but 100% and told me that I should stay home if I wasn't fully fit to come to work. I was wondering if my Boss can forbid me to come to work unless I feel 100% well even if my doctor has written me a notice to work 30%.
I obviously can't influence the doctor writing the notices so I was wondering who can help me if my employeer doesnt accept me working less then 100%.
Is there an Ombudsman or lawyers or behörden

Thank you

Ronald

Ronald Mast 01.04.2007 22:58

LAWSUITE please help
 
Hi I work in a school,

now my head teacher has been trying to get rid of me because I have a bad back by sitting on a chair which is too low for me. I have asked her to buy a new one but she refuses. Now I have had a disc problem in my back for six months and I think she is planning of sacking me because I have been sick of for about six months now.
Can an employer sack an employee when he is sick? and does the employeer have to pay a couple of months salary for sacking somebody or do they need to find a new job for the employee?
Can I file a LAWSUITE against my employeer for damaging my back?

Thank you in advance Ronald

dannyt986 02.04.2007 00:05

Re: LAWSUITE please help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Mast (Post 47888)
Hi I work in a school,

now my head teacher has been trying to get rid of me because I have a bad back by sitting on a chair which is too low for me. I have asked her to buy a new one but she refuses. Now I have had a disc problem in my back for six months and I think she is planning of sacking me because I have been sick of for about six months now.
Can an employer sack an employee when he is sick? and does the employeer have to pay a couple of months salary for sacking somebody or do they need to find a new job for the employee?
Can I file a LAWSUITE against my employeer for damaging my back?

Thank you in advance Ronald

Generally in Switzerland your contract notice is your notice period, most likely 1 or 3 months. There is no obligation to find you another job. Now if you are sick with a doctors note, it becomes quite hard to dismiss someone.

I have limited experience of lawsuits (I hope you dont teach english) so I wont comment.

Reading between the lines, one gets the feeling there is more to this than meets the eye. Leaving aside whether or not your employer is being unfair or not, I dont quite understand why, if you were too sick to go to work for six months you wouldn't just buy your own chair to avoid damaging your health further.

Daniel

Richard 02.04.2007 00:35

Re: Employee rights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Mast (Post 26709)
Hello,

I have some questions about employee rights and help.
This year I was injured at work and have a "Tennis arm" by performing the same movement frequently at work. I work in the metal industry.
My doctor signed me off 100% for a month and I am feeling better now and the doctor wants me to go back and try working 30%. Last time I mentioned this to my employer he wasnt keen on me working anything but 100% and told me that I should stay home if I wasn't fully fit to come to work. I was wondering if my Boss can forbid me to come to work unless I feel 100% well even if my doctor has written me a notice to work 30%.
I obviously can't influence the doctor writing the notices so I was wondering who can help me if my employeer doesnt accept me working less then 100%.
Is there an Ombudsman or lawyers or behörden

Thank you

Ronald

While I am happy to help people who have genuine problems I am not happy to help jokers... What is with you? Are you a teacher with a back problem or a metal worker who plays tennis?

ynot 02.04.2007 12:53

Re: Employee rights
 
Right Ronald,

it's persons like you,that feed politicians like blocher and his puppets the crap they want to hear, and they in turn call genuine sick people 'schein invaliden'.

So I'm going to give you some advice,

CUT THE CRAP OUT,OR I'LL GIVE YOU SOME SURGERY WITH MY TOUNGE AND KEYBOARD AND THAT WITHOUT ANAESTHESIA. http://www.englishforum.ch/images/icons/icon8.gif

Guest 02.04.2007 13:14

Re: Employee rights
 
I thought your response was a bit harsh, and then I read the other threads:

"I have filled in the paperwork at work(SUVA) and claimed that the accident occured during work when I carried a tray with heavy stuff on it."

"my head teacher has been trying to get rid of me because I have a bad back by sitting on a chair which is too low for me. "

"I was just wondering if there is a public database or an authority one can get information of salaries and wealth of private persons?"

"This year I was injured at work and have a "Tennis arm" by performing the same movement frequently at work. I work in the metal industry."


Is the original poster some kind of con artist ?

dave





Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 47915)
While I am happy to help people who have genuine problems I am not happy to help jokers... What is with you? Are you a teacher with a back problem or a metal worker who plays tennis?


ynot 02.04.2007 13:40

Re: Employee rights
 
I to read his previous form,

Firstly, I was going to have a go at you, but always before I do anything, I do my homework.

So I read his form, and then I saw his form, so one has only to draw ones conclusions, and you think I'm harsh, come on, look at the problems people have in this country and I don't mean foreigners, I'm talking about every one.
The world has gone soft,and it does not need such people to feed such ammunition to political fractions as SVP, AS THIS GUY IS DOING.
Any way he is abroad, and he should be an ambassador for his country not the reverse.
This is PC gone mad, I'm invited to remove my comments,your all to soft, no wonder people literally do get away with murder, and hammered ffor truthfull remarks.

As I've said,before in other threads, I choose my words carefully ,and always do my homework.
You said, 'a bit harsh', say that to genuine invalids, who are spurned, by politics and soceity.

I have read all the help you have given to people ( NOT QUITE ALL, BUT AS MUCH AS I CAN ), and not only do I take my hat off to you I envy your knowledge, remarkable.

But do not go soft on such persons tell them what they are, and call a spade a spade.
OOPS no doubt I 'll be warned about that.

Old fashioned term for a black person in case you don't know.
Let's just get real about life.

That guys just a waster, and let him know about it. It's the only language they understand, if your soft with these people they never give up.

Cheers.

jamaicanRUM 02.04.2007 14:09

Re: Employee rights
 
This is the same guy who started the teacher + chair thread? I can smell bullshit from a mile! :D

Edit- Yeah he is the same guy.

JohnYossarian 02.04.2007 14:48

Re: Employee rights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ynot (Post 48009)
I to read his previous form,

Firstly, I was going to have a go at you, but always before I do anything, I do my homework.

So I read his form, and then I saw his form, so one has only to draw ones conclusions, and you think I'm harsh, come on, look at the problems people have in this country and I don't mean foreigners, I'm talking about every one.
The world has gone soft,and it does not need such people to feed such ammunition to political fractions as SVP, AS THIS GUY IS DOING.
Any way he is abroad, and he should be an ambassador for his country not the reverse.
This is PC gone mad, I'm invited to remove my comments,your all to soft, no wonder people literally do get away with murder, and hammered ffor truthfull remarks.

As I've said,before in other threads, I choose my words carefully ,and always do my homework.
You said, 'a bit harsh', say that to genuine invalids, who are spurned, by politics and soceity.

I have read all the help you have given to people ( NOT QUITE ALL, BUT AS MUCH AS I CAN ), and not only do I take my hat off to you I envy your knowledge, remarkable.

But do not go soft on such persons tell them what they are, and call a spade a spade.
OOPS no doubt I 'll be warned about that.

Old fashioned term for a black person in case you don't know.
Let's just get real about life.

That guys just a waster, and let him know about it. It's the only language they understand, if your soft with these people they never give up.

Cheers.

Ynot,

I totally support you.

Cheers,

John

ynot 02.04.2007 15:10

Re: Employee rights
 
Thank you all for your support, it is more than appreciated.http://www.englishforum.ch/images/icons/icon14.gif

Polorise 02.04.2007 15:25

Re: Employee rights
 
what a travesty ... burn baby burn ... :torch:

nice one gents

dannyt986 02.04.2007 22:20

Re: Employee rights
 
Frankly, I feel a bit of a pratt for giving a serious answer to this, although I did smell a rat.

However, I really dont understand the fact that yesterday the bad back stuff was definitely the first in thread, and now theres some stuff about tennis elbow and metal work. Perhaps Im delusional... is someone hacking this thread.

D

ynot 02.04.2007 23:47

Re: Employee rights
 
Don't,feel a pratt,in all honesty, you tried to give advice to help somebody out, so now because of this waster, you think twice about giving advice.

The real loosers are now the genuine people,who need advice, and when they ask a real question that seems so senseless to you or I, but is in fact genuine, you think its a wind up, and don't answer it.

Don't worry about it, this waster, is not even worth brain surgery, the pain of the pen, will sort him out.

cheers.http://www.englishforum.ch/images/icons/icon14.gif


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0