Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 25.01.2019, 10:30
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 578
Groaned at 89 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 593 Times in 283 Posts
Kedi has earned the respect of manyKedi has earned the respect of manyKedi has earned the respect of many
Re: Help me thinking outside the box

I would say 2 months is too early to expect results. At least 6 months would be more realistic. Keep applying and expect more open positions in the coming months after budgets are refreshed and people wake up from winter sleep.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Kedi for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 25.01.2019, 10:57
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Koniz
Posts: 23
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
doorslagNL has no particular reputation at present
Re: Help me thinking outside the box

Quote:
View Post
I would say 2 months is too early to expect results. At least 6 months would be more realistic. Keep applying and expect more open positions in the coming months after budgets are refreshed and people wake up from winter sleep.

Good luck.
Thank you for your post. I am trying to understand why a lot of people are saying that it can take such a long time. Besides the availability of open positions and if a candidate is fit for a role or not. Perhaps it is the Swiss recruiting process and the famous Swiss accuracy that is responsible for a longer process.

At this moment I strongly feel that the "supply and demand" of the employment market is somehow unbalanced. A lot of open positions and current unemployment statistics are relatively low. Or maybe the current open positions are not actual open and it just for show and tell, who knows.

But I kinda like the idea that it takes a long time because of people being in a wintersleep, this way I can always say that it is not about me or my qualifications and just point to somebody else to blame.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 25.01.2019, 13:32
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,233
Groaned at 115 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 4,915 Times in 2,318 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help me thinking outside the box

Quote:
Help me thinking outside the box
Other people canít think outside the box for you.... otherwise it would not be thinking outside the box, now would it!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 25.01.2019, 13:54
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Koniz
Posts: 23
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
doorslagNL has no particular reputation at present
Re: Help me thinking outside the box

Quote:
View Post
Other people canít think outside the box for you.... otherwise it would not be thinking outside the box, now would it!
That might be/or is true (not completely certain which one, but I appreciate the brain teaser), but their reactions make it possible for me to think further beyond my own (limited) perspective or boundaries.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 25.01.2019, 14:18
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 578
Groaned at 89 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 593 Times in 283 Posts
Kedi has earned the respect of manyKedi has earned the respect of manyKedi has earned the respect of many
Re: Help me thinking outside the box

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for your post. I am trying to understand why a lot of people are saying that it can take such a long time. Besides the availability of open positions and if a candidate is fit for a role or not. Perhaps it is the Swiss recruiting process and the famous Swiss accuracy that is responsible for a longer process.
I have had interview processes that took 4 months with a lot of phone calls, emails and came to nothing.

I have had a case where I had 3 interviews and the recruiter told me they would make me an offer but never did.

I have had a case with a bank who outsourced the recruiting to Poland and it took them 2 months to get back to me after saying they are considering making an offer only to tell me after 2 months that I was "too experienced" for the position.

I had a case where it took them 1 month to reply to my application with an interview request and within a month I was hired.

I have never understood why it takes so long but it does.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Kedi for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 25.01.2019, 14:58
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Koniz
Posts: 23
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
doorslagNL has no particular reputation at present
Re: Help me thinking outside the box

Quote:
View Post
I have had interview processes that took 4 months with a lot of phone calls, emails and came to nothing.

I have had a case where I had 3 interviews and the recruiter told me they would make me an offer but never did.

I have had a case with a bank who outsourced the recruiting to Poland and it took them 2 months to get back to me after saying they are considering making an offer only to tell me after 2 months that I was "too experienced" for the position.

I had a case where it took them 1 month to reply to my application with an interview request and within a month I was hired.

I have never understood why it takes so long but it does.
Hmm after reading your message I am just happy for you that you managed it.

After reading numerous threads regarding the duration in finding a job seems to be an issue in all sectors or industries. This weekend I will start with the other suggestions in this thread, translating into German, maybe redesign my resume or adding a good profile photo etc. to get better results.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27.02.2019, 14:07
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Koniz
Posts: 23
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
doorslagNL has no particular reputation at present
Re: Help me thinking outside the box

Good afternoon everybody,

After all the tips I received things are moving forward. Even though it did not yet resulted in a actual job I am positive about the future. In the end a picture in the resume actually made a big difference. After talking with numerous people and meetings with recruiters I noticed that some people are saying that recruiting agencies receive open positions in banks from consultancy firms. Besides recruiters have their own direct contacts within banks there supposed to be 4 consultancy firms that are active in Zurich (or in Switzerland) that are sending open positions to agencies. One recruiter confirmed this, but could not give the names of those firms. Does anybody heard of this before and if so do you know, by any chance, which firms these are?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! Cablecom wants to charge me for a receiver box I have already returned. BlueMatilda TV/internet/telephone 3 17.12.2014 09:14
Outside-of-Box experience??? Ttamasle Employment 8 13.08.2013 17:24
Thinking outside the box Sbrinz Daily life 5 04.09.2012 00:14
Thinking outside the box. GCDM Complaints corner 89 30.12.2011 00:53
Help! Where's the switch box? erin Housing in general 12 21.07.2008 19:31


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0