Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27.07.2020, 08:58
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Geneve
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gent has no particular reputation at present
Chomage Daily Allowance

Hello

I registered for Chomage and looking for jobs actively. I have 3 questions -

1. When do they pay every month? There are two forms (proof of job search and the other is to tell them that I am still unemployed). Do I have to send both at the same time(30th to 5th)?

2. What happens if I don't find any job in the next 6-9 months? Will they continue to pay or is there any cause of concern that will be raised from their end? I have a B permit that is valid till Dec 2021 and I have 400 daily allowances.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27.07.2020, 09:03
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 393
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 168 Times in 104 Posts
Superfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthy
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

I registered on past 13th July and your questions means you did not do the tests they ask for the first interview.

If you do the tests online you have all answers there.

When is the finish of your notice period?

I have 3 months and you only register to your ArbeitlosKasse (unemployment insurance) on last month.

I had my interview with RAV last week and you have to carry with you document with proof of search job.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:15
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,508
Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,418 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
I registered on past 13th July and your questions means you did not do the tests they ask for the first interview.

If you do the tests online you have all answers there.

When is the finish of your notice period?

I have 3 months and you only register to your ArbeitlosKasse (unemployment insurance) on last month.

I had my interview with RAV last week and you have to carry with you document with proof of search job.
A lot of assumptions and I never heard anything of online tests....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Geneve
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gent has no particular reputation at present
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Thank you, both.

There are no online tests. I am having monthly calls with counselor. My question is related to the form that we send to 'caisse de chomage'. When do we send it every month?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:28
Mullhollander's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aargau
Posts: 2,586
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,633 Times in 1,592 Posts
Mullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Submitting the "10 Questions" is the trigger for the Kasse to make the monthly payment. RAV advisers often suggest to submit it on the 25th of the current month, i.e., a few days after it is received from SECO. Expect payment within about 10 days of submission of the duly completed and signed "10 Questions". Just to be clear, the "10 Questions" is sent to the Kasse.

The two RAV eLearning courses are available at this link and are available in English. (This link is for Ct. Lucerne but the eLearning courses should be the same or very similar for other cantons):

https://wira-elearning.ch/

Also, for translations of common RAV and Kasse forms, please see this link:

https://www.englishforum.ch/employme...ranslated.html


Good luck with your job search!


Added:
Proof of Job Search form: this is to be submitted by no later than the 5th of the following month to RAV. RAV advisers often suggest that it be submitted on the last day of the current month.

Last edited by Mullhollander; 27.07.2020 at 10:56.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 393
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 168 Times in 104 Posts
Superfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthy
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
A lot of assumptions and I never heard anything of online tests....
My post was not negative because i have also a post here.
Was more informative.

Before my first meeting with RAV adviser (Zurich) i had to do the elearning and there is a test in end.

Only with test passed i could go to the meeting.

One was here:
https://www.cognitoforms.com/AWA8/Se...4tzungSESlight

The other here:

Online-Pflichtinfo
Es ist wichtig, dass Sie Ihre Rechte und Pflichten gegenüber der Arbeitslosenversicherung kennen und Sie die entsprechenden Informationen gelesen und verstanden haben.
Auf der Webseite des RAV finden Sie den Link zur Pflichtinfo. Bitte arbeiten Sie das Informationsmodul gründlich durch.
Dies können Sie gerne auch im RAV machen.
Unter folgendem Link finden Sie die Online-Pflichtinfo: https://www.zh.ch/de/wirtschaft-arbe...nsuchende.html

.....................

preparation
Advantages:
The mandatory information must be completed online.
You can do this at home or on one of the computers in your RAV.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:33
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,508
Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,418 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
Hello

I registered for Chomage and looking for jobs actively. I have 3 questions -

1. When do they pay every month? There are two forms (proof of job search and the other is to tell them that I am still unemployed). Do I have to send both at the same time(30th to 5th)?

2. What happens if I don't find any job in the next 6-9 months? Will they continue to pay or is there any cause of concern that will be raised from their end? I have a B permit that is valid till Dec 2021 and I have 400 daily allowances.
Everyone’s experience is different because much of it is done locally and it also depends on the kasse you choose.

1. In my case I submit the form to the UNIA Kasse by email around the 20th day of the month. I get an acknowledgement within the hour and the money is on the bank within 24 hours. The form for the RAV needs to be submitted on time, but the claim to the Kasse can be made up to 3 months later, at least in Bern.

2. Provided you play by the rules, you can expect to receive your full 400 days although as things get desperate you can expect them to push you to some courses, apply for specific supervised job applications etc... and of course it depends on you having a valid work permit.
__________________
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:35
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,508
Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,418 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
My post was not negative because i have also a post here.
Was more informative.

Before my first meeting with RAV adviser (Zurich) i had to do the elearning and there is a test in end.

Only with test passed i could go to the meeting.

One was here:
https://www.cognitoforms.com/AWA8/Se...4tzungSESlight

The other here:

Online-Pflichtinfo
Es ist wichtig, dass Sie Ihre Rechte und Pflichten gegenüber der Arbeitslosenversicherung kennen und Sie die entsprechenden Informationen gelesen und verstanden haben.
Auf der Webseite des RAV finden Sie den Link zur Pflichtinfo. Bitte arbeiten Sie das Informationsmodul gründlich durch.
Dies können Sie gerne auch im RAV machen.
Unter folgendem Link finden Sie die Online-Pflichtinfo: https://www.zh.ch/de/wirtschaft-arbe...nsuchende.html

.....................

preparation
Advantages:
The mandatory information must be completed online.
You can do this at home or on one of the computers in your RAV.
I never said it was and have only had on RAV meeting in a year and that lasted about 10 minutes
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:48
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,508
Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,418 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
Submitting the "10 Questions" is the trigger for the Kasse to make the monthly payment. RAV advisers often suggest to submit it on the 25th of the current month, i.e., a few days after it is received from SECO. Expect payment within about 10 days of submission of the duly completed and signed "10 Questions".
It entirely depends on the Kasse you select, assuming you have a choice. In my town it’s well known to go with UNIA as they usually make the first payment even if you have not got all the form work completed and they are quick payers. Where as the Kanton Kasse is slow and sticks strictly to the rules.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 393
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 168 Times in 104 Posts
Superfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthy
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
Hello

I registered for Chomage and looking for jobs actively. I have 3 questions -

1. When do they pay every month? There are two forms (proof of job search and the other is to tell them that I am still unemployed). Do I have to send both at the same time(30th to 5th)?

2. What happens if I don't find any job in the next 6-9 months? Will they continue to pay or is there any cause of concern that will be raised from their end? I have a B permit that is valid till Dec 2021 and I have 400 daily allowances.
Question because i see each person has different experience:

You did not have to submit proof of Job search to your RAV during notice period?

I am asking because i can only apply for chomage on last month but i had already to submit the proof of job search this month (i registered this month but my chomage will start 1st October)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27.07.2020, 10:56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 393
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 168 Times in 104 Posts
Superfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthy
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
It entirely depends on the Kasse you select, assuming you have a choice. In my town it’s well known to go with UNIA as they usually make the first payment even if you have not got all the form work completed and they are quick payers. Where as the Kanton Kasse is slow and sticks strictly to the rules.
Nice Post. I had no choice. They selected Syna for me
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 29.07.2020, 00:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Suisse Romande
Posts: 499
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 113 Times in 90 Posts
eireann has made some interesting contributions
Re: Chomage Daily Allowance

Quote:
View Post
Thank you, both.

There are no online tests. I am having monthly calls with counselor. My question is related to the form that we send to 'caisse de chomage'. When do we send it every month?

You can return it as soon as you receive it if I remember. I'm not sure there is a specific date that it has to be returned by...other than for yourself to ensure you get paid before the end of the month!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Birth Allowance / Child Allowance fr-ch Family matters/health 6 26.01.2015 11:59
Non-Residents May Lose Tax Allowance (Personal Allowance) [UK] Guest Finance/banking/taxation 4 14.08.2014 09:03
Chômage/RAV - Do or don't? richardm Employment 2 10.12.2013 18:28
Carte de legitimation - I pay AVS, chomage - right to chomage? sache Permits/visas/government 4 13.09.2012 11:12
How much is chomage in GVA? Momus Finance/banking/taxation 9 29.09.2010 19:24


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0