Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15.11.2020, 21:11
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Germany
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
alpercanozasan has no particular reputation at present
How does taxation work for a border crosser from Germany?

Hello all,

I am an engineer and I have been offered a job from a company in Zürich. Since my wife will study in Konstanz, Germany, we are thinking to live in Konstanz. In that case, I will be traveling to Zürich(Oerlikon) everyday. The company offered me approx. 100K CHF/per year. As far as I read in this forum, I have to pay Quellensteuer in Switzerland which is 4.5%. Is this the only tax that I have to pay in CH? What about AHV (Alters- und Hinterlassenenversicherung) or Pensionkasse?

If I keep the German Health Insurance how much do I need to pay approx. for me and my wife ( she is not working)? Is this amount can be deducted from taxation?

How much income tax do I have to pay in Germany?
In short, can someone tell me how much money I will be making in a year approximately (netto)?

Note: I am not a EU citizen.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Best regards,
Reply With Quote
Old 16.11.2020, 15:14
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,719
Groaned at 95 Times in 90 Posts
Thanked 20,690 Times in 9,123 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How does taxation work for a border crosser from Germany?

Welcome to the Forum.

I don't know about taxes so I'll leave that to someone else.

You say you're not an EU citizen. Do you have permanent residency in Germany and have you been living in the border area for at least six months? If so then I think you might qualify for a G permit but your employer still has to jump through some other hurdles in order to hire you. Medea will be along shortly with a link to the non-EU hiring criteria.

If you don't have permanent residency and you've not lived in the border area for at least six months, I think you have to reside in Switzerland if you want to work here.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:

grenzgänger, steuer

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Austria - Germany border situation Carapace Transportation/driving 14 22.04.2020 20:53
Double Taxation - germany and switzerland Kewlswiss Finance/banking/taxation 0 04.06.2017 18:37
I live and work in Basel, my husband in France,how will taxation work? paradisgourmand Finance/banking/taxation 3 24.06.2015 21:31
Taxation - Lived in Germany now moving to Switzerland iwork2travel Finance/banking/taxation 0 19.07.2011 20:23
B permit ok to cross border to/from Germany? AndrewD Permits/visas/government 2 05.02.2008 13:50

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0