Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 22.06.2021, 02:10
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
EluKusimus has no particular reputation at present
roegner thank you for the terms. I read and try to understand. But on one page is written one thing, on other page opposite.
Did not know about anobag. Just normal contract. Asked health insurance, tax people, they said everything ok.
But now with work from home maybe different.
What is the name of people who know about this? Needs a lawyer?
I understand is hard to help without information. If I write employer information in public forum together with health problems it will not be good.

doropfiz you are right.
Now I go to therapy. My employer does not care. I take one hour off in afternoon, work one hour longer at night. Good for everybody.
But I think in switzerland employers are not like this. Boss is here, employee has to be here also. Maybe just bad experience.

Yes employer knows. And c permit.

Last edited by roegner; 22.06.2021 at 06:20.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 22.06.2021, 07:45
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,271
Groaned at 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Thanked 19,166 Times in 7,429 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

I love it when people trying to troll purposefully write bad and broken English sentences, but then catch themselves out by using perfect spelling throughout their posts.

It's also fascinating seeing how easily some EF members are trolled, and that it's usually the same members each and every time (looking at you as a particularly special example, doropfiz).

Last edited by Chuff; 22.06.2021 at 07:56.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
The following 4 users groan at Chuff for this post:
  #23  
Old 22.06.2021, 10:01
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 1,798
Groaned at 288 Times in 180 Posts
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,277 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
I love it when people trying to troll purposefully write bad and broken English sentences, but then catch themselves out by using perfect spelling throughout their posts.

It's also fascinating seeing how easily some EF members are trolled, and that it's usually the same members each and every time (looking at you as a particularly special example, doropfiz).
You could just not say anything at all Chuff, and instead you choose to scourge genuinely kind and well intentioned people like doropfiz.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 22.06.2021, 10:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
EluKusimus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work and health

Thank you to the people who gave energy. Took the time to give kind advice.

Chuff normally I ignore people like you. Kick people who already half dead lying down. Because is easy.
Take away energy. On the internet, who cares? But probably in real life, too.
Please take a good look into own heart. What motivation? What regrets when old? How will balance be in front of Osiris?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 22.06.2021, 10:59
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 2,930
Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,830 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
Thank you to the people who gave energy. Took the time to give kind advice.

Chuff normally I ignore people like you. Kick people who already half dead lying down. Because is easy.
Take away energy. On the internet, who cares? But probably in real life, too.
Please take a good look into own heart. What motivation? What regrets when old? How will balance be in front of Osiris?
It's just curious that you have health insurance but no RAV.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 22.06.2021, 11:37
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
EluKusimus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work and health

Axa as I understand. Maybe I understand wrong. Health insurance necessary in switzerland when living in switzerland. RAV and AHV where employer is. After one year paying RAV outside of switzerland, can no longer get help from swiss RAV. Need one year in two.
But now I see maybe not where employer is. But where work is done. So work from home - need to register.
Even maybe too late.
But law in german is too complex to understand!
How to find somebody who knows?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 22.06.2021, 11:37
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 5,743
Groaned at 95 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 6,302 Times in 2,886 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
It's just curious that you have health insurance but no RAV.
Why? You can pay your health insurance but be unemployed and not paying RAV (or be not doing things correctly and paying RAV from your overseas job). Also self-employed people are not entitled to RAV.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 22.06.2021, 11:45
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 2,930
Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,830 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
Axa as I understand. Maybe I understand wrong. Health insurance necessary in switzerland when living in switzerland. RAV and AHV where employer is. After one year paying RAV outside of switzerland, can no longer get help from swiss RAV. Need one year in two.
But now I see maybe not where employer is. But where work is done. So work from home - need to register.
Even maybe too late.
But law in german is too complex to understand!
How to find somebody who knows?
You don't have to be an expert in the law. Your residence permit is granted according to your employment status. That's what the people has been asking: ANOBAG, Grenzgänger? What can be done, the alternatives, depends on that.

PS: Swiss law is also in French and Italian.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 22.06.2021, 12:22
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basle
Posts: 2,764
Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,926 Times in 1,113 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
I love it when people trying to troll purposefully write bad and broken English sentences, but then catch themselves out by using perfect spelling throughout their posts.

It's also fascinating seeing how easily some EF members are trolled, and that it's usually the same members each and every time (looking at you as a particularly special example, doropfiz).
Are you also not reacting to the "troll"? Aren't you also in a way now trolling? (Yes you are.) Just don't post if you think a thread isn't worth or worthy to be answered. If others want to comment in a relevant way then just let them. You can ignore it and move onto another thread.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Landers for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 22.06.2021, 12:25
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 7,797
Groaned at 91 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 11,948 Times in 4,853 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
You don't have to be an expert in the law. Your residence permit is granted according to your employment status. That's what the people has been asking: ANOBAG, Grenzgänger? What can be done, the alternatives, depends on that.

PS: Swiss law is also in French and Italian.
OP said:
Quote:
View Post
Yes employer knows. And c permit.
so I don't think, then, that they can also be a Grenzgänger. They're fully living here with permanent residence.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 22.06.2021, 12:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 7,797
Groaned at 91 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 11,948 Times in 4,853 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Here are several explanations of ANOBAG, in English.

https://www.internationalhrs.com/obl...erland-anobag/
(explained by an HR company)

https://www.accurity.ch/2020/06/13/w...en-is-it-used/

https://www.moneyland.ch/en/forum/sw...any-anobag-796
(sets out the steps to register)


and here, in German, is the registration process, on the official site of the SVA (the social security office) in Zurich (where your profile says you are):
https://svazurich.ch/ihr-anliegen/pr...m-ausland.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 22.06.2021, 16:13
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
EluKusimus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work and health

Thank you for the links.
I try to read and understand.

Again different definitions of Grenzgänger in different places. Too much for brain to focus. But I think until now yes.
If I need to go to office, no more Grenzgänger because I will be whole week there.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 22.06.2021, 23:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 7,797
Groaned at 91 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 11,948 Times in 4,853 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for the links.
I try to read and understand.

Again different definitions of Grenzgänger in different places. Too much for brain to focus. But I think until now yes.
If I need to go to office, no more Grenzgänger because I will be whole week there.
Quote:
View Post
... c permit.
There seems to be some confusion here. You either have a C-permit, as you wrote above, or you have the status of a Grenzgänger, in which case you'd have a G-permit. These two are mutually exclusive, because each person can hold only one kind of permit.

The are listed here:
https://www.ch.ch/en/renewal-overvie...sidence-permit (English)
https://www.ch.ch/de/aufenthaltsbewi...-verlangerung/ (German).

If you have a C-permit, then you have permanent residence in Switzerland, and the rules about Grenzgänger do not apply to you at all.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 23.06.2021, 02:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
EluKusimus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Work and health

doropfiz, thank you, again🙏

Yes confusion
There is permit Grenzgänger. When live outside of Switzerland and work here.
But also there is Grenzgänger for taxes. When live inside switzerland and work outside? Is how I understand roegners question with anobag.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 23.06.2021, 16:41
MidfieldGeneral's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,498
Groaned at 92 Times in 85 Posts
Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,244 Posts
MidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Thank you for advice. I am hungry, so I eat a banane.
Maybe I understand wrong. Life is short. Maybe look into your heart?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 24.06.2021, 00:28
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 7,797
Groaned at 91 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 11,948 Times in 4,853 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
doropfiz, thank you, again��

Yes confusion
There is permit Grenzgänger. When live outside of Switzerland and work here.
But also there is Grenzgänger for taxes. When live inside switzerland and work outside? Is how I understand roegners question with anobag.
There is no reason to maintain the confusion. You are either a "Grenzgänger" or you are not. In English, the term is "cross-border commuter". It is defined narrowly and means something very specific: someone who
  • works in Switzerland but does not live in Switzerland, and instead
  • lives in an an EU/EFTA country.
Such people have a G-permit (G for Grenzgäner).

As I said: you can hold either a C-permit or a G-permit, but not both at the same time. Do you live in Switzerland and, as you said above, have a C-permit? If yes, then you cannot also be a "cross-border commuter" in the sense of "Grenzgänger".
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 24.06.2021, 07:49
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,640 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work and health

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for advice. I am hungry, so I eat a banane.
Maybe I understand wrong. Life is short. Maybe look into your heart?
Sour....much?

Quote:
View Post
doropfiz, thank you, again��

Yes confusion
There is permit Grenzgänger. When live outside of Switzerland and work here.
But also there is Grenzgänger for taxes. When live inside switzerland and work outside? Is how I understand roegners question with anobag.
You have a G permit but thought it was C? Hmmm..

Last edited by greenmount; 24.06.2021 at 08:01.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at greenmount for this post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work and mental health Justin Employment 99 11.05.2021 03:17
Health insurance premium. How does it work? GreenS Family matters/health 1 07.09.2019 15:37
How does health insurance thing work? aurum Insurance 4 24.03.2015 08:30
Health insurance for my wife? how does it work themeditator Daily life 34 05.03.2015 13:15
Seasonal Work Health Cover evianers Insurance 0 21.02.2011 14:55


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0