Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01.03.2010, 22:47
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CH
Posts: 51
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Larry2009 has earned some respectLarry2009 has earned some respect
Non-EU B permit + unemployment

I recently received my notice from my company. I have paid the unemployment insurance for over 2 years. I went to the RAV to register and was told I will have to leave as soon as my permit expires and I will receive no unemployment insurance because my permit will expire soon and will not be renewed. Any ideas? Sounds very bad for me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01.03.2010, 23:43
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Zug
Posts: 165
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
baris has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Doesn't sound right, is your B permit limited to your work / project?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02.03.2010, 16:04
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
keshav09 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

I am a non-EU and I came to know from my other friends that if you loose a job holding a valid visa then they will pay until the visa is expired. Although this was 2 years back hope now there may be lot of changes joining the Schengen.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02.03.2010, 20:52
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CH
Posts: 51
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Larry2009 has earned some respectLarry2009 has earned some respect
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

I was told that the B-permit is connected to work for my company
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03.03.2010, 15:09
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brugg AG
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
sookee has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

yes, I'm afraid this is true.
rav will think you are not allow to work even if you find a new job since you dont have the valid B permit to work for another company.

Quote:
View Post
I recently received my notice from my company. I have paid the unemployment insurance for over 2 years. I went to the RAV to register and was told I will have to leave as soon as my permit expires and I will receive no unemployment insurance because my permit will expire soon and will not be renewed. Any ideas? Sounds very bad for me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03.03.2010, 15:21
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Quote:
View Post
yes, I'm afraid this is true.
rav will think you are not allow to work even if you find a new job since you dont have the valid B permit to work for another company.
Unless it's a L permit, no it is not true. The RAV effectively becomes your employer and renews your permit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03.03.2010, 15:44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brugg AG
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
sookee has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

nono, RAV only renew the unlimited B permit which is a different case.

Quote:
View Post
Unless it's a L permit, no it is not true. The RAV effectively becomes your employer and renews your permit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03.03.2010, 16:06
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 100
Groaned at 42 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 39 Times in 23 Posts
kulchandra is considered unworthykulchandra is considered unworthykulchandra is considered unworthykulchandra is considered unworthy
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Quote:
View Post
Unless it's a L permit, no it is not true. The RAV effectively becomes your employer and renews your permit.
Wrong. That is never the case.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03.03.2010, 16:40
justdoit's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Altendorf
Posts: 231
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 61 Times in 34 Posts
justdoit is considered knowledgeablejustdoit is considered knowledgeablejustdoit is considered knowledgeable
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Quote:
View Post
Wrong. That is never the case.
wrong. It is possible if you are on an Unlimited B permit. If you are on a project specific B permit, then it is not possible
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03.03.2010, 16:45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 76
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
vanjaar has become a little unpopular
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Looking at B permit one can not distinguish if the B permit is an unlimited one or it is restricted for a perticular company/project.

The only answer to this could be given by Migrationsamt or RAV.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03.03.2010, 16:50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 368
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 122 Posts
ankurm.2008 has made some interesting contributions
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Quote:
View Post
Looking at B permit one can not distinguish if the B permit is an unlimited one or it is restricted for a perticular company/project.

The only answer to this could be given by Migrationsamt or RAV.
I think one surely can. In the new credit card permits , on the back side where normally for Non-EU's it's mentioned something like 'Self Employment requires approval'(in german ofcourse), there is another line mentioned valid for so-and-so company (for restricted ones) and for non-restricted ones. (guess what) there is no such line
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03.03.2010, 18:29
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Quote:
View Post
Unless it's a L permit, no it is not true. The RAV effectively becomes your employer and renews your permit.
Go to your local RAV office and ask, you wsill hjave to sometime so better you know sooner than later.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04.03.2010, 14:00
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CH
Posts: 51
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Larry2009 has earned some respectLarry2009 has earned some respect
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

I have gone to the local RAV and their opinion is that I need to leave and will not collect any unemployment insurance. Hence, I am not sure what other actions I can take.

Elsewhere in the forum discussions here, messages state the RAV becomes your employer and will renew your B-permit. Perhaps it is different by Kanton?

I was told that my B-permit is "tied" to my company. I am not on "project work" and my B-permit has been renewed before.

A large constraint is the lack of time. Mine will expire soon and I know from recruiting, it would be not be feasible to go through all the interview rounds and then the re-permitting in time to find a new job and to receive a new B-permit. I've also heard that the unemployment rate among foreigners in CH is high. What to do?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04.03.2010, 14:09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Quote:
View Post
Elsewhere in the forum discussions here, messages state the RAV becomes your employer and will renew your B-permit. Perhaps it is different by Kanton?

It's federal law administered by canton
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04.03.2010, 14:42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 368
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 122 Posts
ankurm.2008 has made some interesting contributions
Re: Non-EU B permit + unemployment

Quote:
View Post
I have gone to the local RAV and their opinion is that I need to leave and will not collect any unemployment insurance. Hence, I am not sure what other actions I can take.

Elsewhere in the forum discussions here, messages state the RAV becomes your employer and will renew your B-permit. Perhaps it is different by Kanton?

I was told that my B-permit is "tied" to my company. I am not on "project work" and my B-permit has been renewed before.

A large constraint is the lack of time. Mine will expire soon and I know from recruiting, it would be not be feasible to go through all the interview rounds and then the re-permitting in time to find a new job and to receive a new B-permit. I've also heard that the unemployment rate among foreigners in CH is high. What to do?
Does it say in your permit that it's restricted to the company. In the new credit card types it's mentioned on back side.
Not that it helps now since RAV already says otherwise, but just so that you have a point.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non EU Renewing B Permit when getting unemployment benefits Tele - Mummy Employment 5 16.10.2009 15:03
Unemployment Benefits on Limited B Permit ark007 Permits/visas/government 12 27.08.2009 22:59
Unemployment Benefit with L permit andymurray79 Employment 3 07.06.2009 21:37
permit L unemployment rights? lcridd Permits/visas/government 22 03.05.2008 17:09
C-Permit and Unemployment rights axillez Permits/visas/government 6 03.05.2008 10:50


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0