Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14.06.2010, 14:39
Midas's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 118
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Midas has earned some respectMidas has earned some respect
How to invoice for freelance / ad-hoc work

A friend (EU) has performed some freelance translation work for her former (Swiss) employer. Now they want her write an invoice for the service provided.

However, I believe it would be more advantageous for her to have the income taxed as part-time work (for the employer) at an hourly rate. (we don't know how self-employment is taxed and administered).

She is also currently looking for work, and (I believe) it would be beneficial to make social security contributions in a given month, so I think she should ask the employer to pay her wages, and make all the necessary deductions.

Any thoughts on the best way to declare / invoice freelance work (translation / teaching etc)?

Reply With Quote

charging for work, freelance translation

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for advice/references for freelance work mgivogue Employment 0 01.02.2010 09:51
Agency tells me I can work Freelance in Switzerland and invoice from the UK? mrjonno Permits/visas/government 31 14.06.2009 16:10
Gordon Bell / Ad Hoc heebeegeebee Commercial events 0 27.02.2009 10:12

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0