Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Employment  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11.10.2010, 14:44
Papa Goose's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: was Ägeri now Froggeri
Posts: 3,725
Groaned at 191 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 4,308 Times in 1,822 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBS Offer Approval taking for ever, problem?

Some folks are never happy, you got the job, you got the contract, presumably you got to hand your notice in.... and now they have the cheek to ask you to do data entry, the very cheek of an employer to ask you to satisfy a business need eh... and you being a SAP consultant too
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11.10.2010, 14:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 391
Groaned at 18 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 165 Times in 80 Posts
Country_Mouse is considered knowledgeableCountry_Mouse is considered knowledgeableCountry_Mouse is considered knowledgeable
Re: UBS Offer Approval taking for ever, problem?

Quote:
View Post
Some folks are never happy, you got the job, you got the contract, presumably you got to hand your notice in.... and now they have the cheek to ask you to do data entry, the very cheek of an employer to ask you to satisfy a business need eh... and you being a SAP consultant too
Well I am a bit miffed yes. They changed my department 6 months ago to work on the SAP project, then cancelled my project last month. I have no work and simply want to leave the Company. I am offering to take a pay cut for 3 weeks between jobs, it's hardly asking for the world.

Being made to do menial tasks is another kick in the gut. Especially if I have 3 months of this..............
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11.10.2010, 15:06
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: UBS Offer Approval taking for ever, problem?

Quote:
View Post
Well I am a bit miffed yes. They changed my department 6 months ago to work on the SAP project, then cancelled my project last month. I have no work and simply want to leave the Company. I am offering to take a pay cut for 3 weeks between jobs, it's hardly asking for the world.

Being made to do menial tasks is another kick in the gut. Especially if I have 3 months of this..............
You could probablycome to an arrangement wherby you leave immediately and the company pays you nothing, ie 2-3 months of unpaid holiday.

If you want paying you need to do something for it usualy, unless you are in a stategic position, then you quite often get gardening leave.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11.10.2010, 15:24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 391
Groaned at 18 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 165 Times in 80 Posts
Country_Mouse is considered knowledgeableCountry_Mouse is considered knowledgeableCountry_Mouse is considered knowledgeable
Re: UBS Offer Approval taking for ever, problem?

Quote:
View Post
You could probablycome to an arrangement wherby you leave immediately and the company pays you nothing, ie 2-3 months of unpaid holiday.

If you want paying you need to do something for it usualy, unless you are in a stategic position, then you quite often get gardening leave.
Exactly, I don't want paying for it, simply just want to leave on good terms.

I will speak with HR, maybe they will agree.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 19.04.2011, 01:13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
samisb has no particular reputation at present
Re: UBS Offer Approval taking for ever, problem?

Is anyone facing the same issue now. I was told I am selected and approvals are pending but it has been over 2 months now.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 25.04.2011, 09:02
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Kolja has no particular reputation at present
Re: UBS Offer Approval taking for ever, problem?

Quote:
View Post
Is anyone facing the same issue now. I was told I am selected and approvals are pending but it has been over 2 months now.
From my experience it really depence in which area you intend to work. Sometimes certain stream within such a multinational get from one day to another new managemnt initiatives where e.g. new hires have to be approved from the very top of the streams' food chain.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dependent visa approval ajithmathew Permits/visas/government 2 06.07.2010 14:45
What does 'Initial Approval' mean? (L Permit) peyyetir Permits/visas/government 3 08.01.2010 07:27
EU Whole Vehicle Type Approval MoabMan Transportation/driving 2 30.09.2009 22:05
can non EU taking up second job offer?? Joyce Permits/visas/government 6 20.03.2008 09:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0