Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02.09.2011, 16:53
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking your parents to court: what are we becoming?

Quote:
View Post
what you need to take away from the article is this:

1. father tried to pursuade them not to file the suit, but failed and took the case anyways - wtf if he really didnt want them to sue then he would not have taken the case.

2. the reason they needed their father to represent them is that no lawyer in their right mind would bother to take on a case like this since it is a waste of their time and money.

before we eventually get comments about how crazy the US legal system is and how americans are sue-happy, keep in mind that:
1. it's better to give people access to courts rather than filter out claims and block access based on somebody's arbitrary judgment on what is considered meritorious or frivolous
2. as you see, the justice system is sane and the correct outcome was reached.
3. lawyers are the first line of defense against stupid lawsuits because they won't take on dumb cases.
Thank you captain obvious!


Unfortunately he could have taken the case to protect the ex-wife. Seeing the determination of the children, they would go to a lawyer anyway.
And what better than " an inside job" to accomplish his goals?

As a matter of fact they lost, he made a poor defense of their case, he "won": that's what he wanted.

*Yes it's allegations, but don't invent crap based on very very poor assumptions you made.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02.09.2011, 16:56
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking your parents to court: what are we becoming?

Quote:
View Post
Dude it is my opinion WTF? He did represent his children if he was opposed he should have stepped aside...
What if he wanted to defend them against the 2 other lawyers?
What could be better than a "sabotage", an insider technique to make a poor defense of their accusations?

Your opinion? No. It was allegations:
You said "the dad is evil".

It's a public place, what if he reads that?

Can you accuse someone in public and pretend to your defense that it was "your opinion"?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at CorsebouTheReturn for this post:
  #43  
Old 02.09.2011, 17:23
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Monaco
Posts: 514
Groaned at 61 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 658 Times in 281 Posts
scrambled has a reputation beyond reputescrambled has a reputation beyond reputescrambled has a reputation beyond reputescrambled has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking your parents to court: what are we becoming?

Quote:
View Post
I completely agree. However courts after hearing the case must penalize suits deemed to be frivolous. That is something which is not being done.


Ahem....really now?
edit...Read the comments section too


I respectfully disagree for the following reason. A Lawsuit (stupid or valid) is an opportunity to change the customer. Lawyers are rarely paid based on the result of the verdict hence it makes sense to file as many cases as possible
your link actually supports my position that courts generally get it right - the claims were stupid and the plaintiff lost in every instance.

since we're talking about a US lawsuit here, I will point out that almost all personal claims are handled by lawyers working on contingency - meaning they get paid a percentage of the winnings. this is why lawyers don't take on cases that are obviously losers in the US. not sure how they do it in your country.

Quote:
View Post
Thank you captain obvious!


Unfortunately he could have taken the case to protect the ex-wife. Seeing the determination of the children, they would go to a lawyer anyway.
And what better than " an inside job" to accomplish his goals?

As a matter of fact they lost, he made a poor defense of their case, he "won": that's what he wanted.

*Yes it's allegations, but don't invent crap based on very very poor assumptions you made.
listen idiot, it's clear you are the one making the wild assumptions here. i'm making a reasoned judgment based on the facts. you are talking conspiracy double agent inside job theories.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02.09.2011, 17:29
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking your parents to court: what are we becoming?

Quote:
View Post
your link actually supports my position that courts generally get it right - the claims were stupid and the plaintiff lost in every instance.

since we're talking about a US lawsuit here, I will point out that almost all personal claims are handled by lawyers working on contingency - meaning they get paid a percentage of the winnings. this is why lawyers don't take on cases that are obviously losers in the US. not sure how they do it in your country.



listen idiot, it's clear you are the one making the wild assumptions here. i'm making a reasoned judgment based on the facts. you are talking conspiracy double agent inside job theories.
Haha
Who's the "idiot" who said:

2. the reason they needed their father to represent them is that no lawyer in their right mind would bother to take on a case like this since it is a waste of their time and money.

That's right. They only found 2 other lawyers...

Looks like a lot of people not in their "right mind" here...


PS: "you making a reasoned judgment based on the facts"?

You have no facts or correct fact to say " if he really didnt want them to sue then he would not have taken the case. ".

You don't know his motivations, you just assume.

I gave you 1 fake example to show you it could have been motivated by anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02.09.2011, 21:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Taking your parents to court: what are we becoming?

Quote:
View Post
What if he wanted to defend them against the 2 other lawyers?
What could be better than a "sabotage", an insider technique to make a poor defense of their accusations?

Your opinion? No. It was allegations:
You said "the dad is evil".

It's a public place, what if he reads that?

Can you accuse someone in public and pretend to your defense that it was "your opinion"?
paranoid much?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at for this post:
  #46  
Old 02.09.2011, 22:13
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: basel
Posts: 2,358
Groaned at 24 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,164 Posts
biff has a reputation beyond reputebiff has a reputation beyond reputebiff has a reputation beyond reputebiff has a reputation beyond reputebiff has a reputation beyond reputebiff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking your parents to court: what are we becoming?

Quote:
View Post
Very good candidate to Jury duty. Make allegations based on not much, then accuse the opponents to your fallacious theory of being taking drugs...



Very good vision of justice and morale here!

PS: how about we shoot the guy based on your extremely accurate facts?
Is not how we do in Mexico?
Yaaaaaawwwwwnnn.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Child Allowance - what documents do you need to submit when parents are not marriedi riehenlynne Family matters/health 4 10.02.2011 23:49
Taking your insurance company to court AndrewD Insurance 1 06.03.2010 19:18
we are what we do loumaca67 General off-topic 3 27.04.2009 15:55
Are we becoming over sensitive? Eire International affairs/politics 39 15.01.2009 20:49


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0