Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11.07.2013, 16:40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Geneve
Posts: 41
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
kulkate has no particular reputation at present
Creche in Nyon area needed

Hello people living in Vaud. I would like to send my 8 months old boys (twins) to kindergarden. Ideally, not too far from our house, which is next to Nyon. But knowing the situation with places availability, ready to travel.

Dear parents from this area, what is your experience regarding local creche? Some particular recommended? What is the process of enrolement. Where can I see the full list of kindergardens in the area (Vaud, Nyon)?

Have not been in any of them personally yet. What is the process of enrollment. Do I need to call, go myself, set up a rendez-vous?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11.07.2013, 17:22
John_H's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Up above Nyon
Posts: 3,789
Groaned at 106 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 4,950 Times in 1,937 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Sorry but no experience in creche for that age.. My three yr old starts nursery next month and we had no issues finding her a place.

I'd recommend that you join a group called moms in vaud.. It's a Yahoo groups mailing list thingy, lots of very experienced people there..
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/moms-in-vaud/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11.07.2013, 22:44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Geneve
Posts: 41
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
kulkate has no particular reputation at present
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Thanks for reminding about that group, heard about it already before.
You mean you have not waited for a place? Which creche it is?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11.07.2013, 23:27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gilly, Vaud
Posts: 51
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
swiss2011 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Please take a look here.
http://www.nyon.ch/multimedia/docs/2...ire--2013.pdf
Think about a maman du jour. From my point of view that could be also a good option for young children.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12.07.2013, 09:43
John_H's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Up above Nyon
Posts: 3,789
Groaned at 106 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 4,950 Times in 1,937 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for reminding about that group, heard about it already before.
You mean you have not waited for a place? Which creche it is?
It's more of a nursery, for 3yr olds. In Signy called Les Pommiers. It's a really small one only taking 10 kids or so but we wanted that since it's a new language to learn for her.

There are loads though, if you are not stuck on going to one in particualar. I just took a day off work and we went around a bunch of them, all within a ten minute drive we saw about a dozen places, varying from price, language, numbers, etc etc. Best thing is just go, you get a feel if you like it or not. do the other kids look happy, we're you welcomed in, languages etc ..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30.07.2013, 15:39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Geneve
Posts: 41
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
kulkate has no particular reputation at present
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Quote:
View Post
It's more of a nursery, for 3yr olds. In Signy called Les Pommiers. It's a really small one only taking 10 kids or so but we wanted that since it's a new language to learn for her.

There are loads though, if you are not stuck on going to one in particualar. I just took a day off work and we went around a bunch of them, all within a ten minute drive we saw about a dozen places, varying from price, language, numbers, etc etc. Best thing is just go, you get a feel if you like it or not. do the other kids look happy, we're you welcomed in, languages etc ..

I live in the village close to Signy, Cheserex, so I have noticed Les Pommiers even before. Have checked that they take children from 2,5 years old. Mine are still 9 months. Looks like this kind of places are maman du jour and they look after older children. Wanted to ask then, what is the difference, between maman and kindergarten?

AFter my research I have found 3 state creche and several, 2-3, private ones.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.09.2013, 17:25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 385
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

The parents of a 2 month old child in Nyon area are looking for somebody to take care of the child during the day while they are at work. Whilst they are making their own efforts, we have been requested to help since we have been in this area for a while. Unfortunately, this is quite out of our league since we passed this stage many years ago. Any idea where to look for one and how much it would cost?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09.09.2013, 10:55
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: la cote
Posts: 3,272
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
runningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Quote:
View Post
The parents of a 2 month old child in Nyon area are looking for somebody to take care of the child during the day while they are at work. Whilst they are making their own efforts, we have been requested to help since we have been in this area for a while. Unfortunately, this is quite out of our league since we passed this stage many years ago. Any idea where to look for one and how much it would cost?
First, I hope they are looking to place the child when a bit older, as I don't think many will accept a 2 month old. Generally 3 months is the youngest age most creches will accept, and it is better still if a bit older. If looking a creches, it may have been better to start earlier, as it will likely take time to find a place unless very lucky or meet certain priortiy requirements like single parent, etc.. There are state run and private creches in the Nyon area. If double income and no subsidies expect to pay about 2,500 chf per month for full time care, 5x per week. There is also the possibility of maman du jour, or home care, but this will likley be even longer waiting lists and with such a young child, likely harder to place. Since the new law in VD a few years ago home care is regulated and you would need to contact the coordinating office in your area to see if it is possible. Generally it is charged by the hour.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank runningdeer for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 14.09.2013, 01:37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 385
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Quote:
View Post
There is also the possibility of maman du jour, or home care, but this will likley be even longer waiting lists and with such a young child, likely harder to place. Since the new law in VD a few years ago home care is regulated and you would need to contact the coordinating office in your area to see if it is possible. Generally it is charged by the hour.
Many thanks. Their choice is maman du jour, or home care. Any idea how much that may cost?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16.09.2013, 01:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: la cote
Posts: 3,272
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
runningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

Quote:
View Post
Many thanks. Their choice is maman du jour, or home care. Any idea how much that may cost?
This website will tell them everything about it...but if they are serious about finding a place, they should have aleady found this site, it explains all about childcare in Nyon. My guess is they will face a long wait for a small infant.

http://www.nyon.ch/fr/officiel/guich...ans-1012-19969
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank runningdeer for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 21.09.2013, 16:52
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: nyon
Posts: 30
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
kurumi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Creche in Nyon area needed

I've heard many good things about one in Gland that is bilingual. Here is there website
http://www.littlegreenhouse.ch/en/
Good luck!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kurumi for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Day childcare / Creche in Vaud (Nyon, Gland area) AnnaLGH Family matters/health 7 05.12.2013 17:52
Kindergarten & creche/daymoms in Nyon/Gland/Rolle area Annette Family matters/health 5 10.07.2008 10:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0