English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Family matters/health (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/)
-   -   Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy) (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/198169-excellent-counselling-zurich-psychotherapy.html)

Connor MacLeod 16.01.2014 08:57

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 2064051)
Yes, I must be a FBI (Female Body Instructor in order to say that the new-age nonsense you posted was crap. What a fantastic and accurate deduction. You absolute loon. :eek:

No-one would ever say sex isn't important to a relationship, and couples can of course need guidance there, but that doesn't mean that all of the absolute mumbo-jumbo you are surrounding it with is anything other than absolute garbage. You come across like someone who had big and messed up problems in your own relationship, had them fixed in this way by someone who clearly preached all of the aforementioned garbage surrounding sexual therapy, and are now a fanatical convert trying to convince everyone else.

Sexual therapy, good. The other crap you are spouting, not good.

Or she is a sexual therapist.

Guest 16.01.2014 09:47

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IzabelaInZug (Post 2063521)
We are surrounded by lots of porn an aggressive commercials full of nudity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by logo123 (Post 2063721)
We are surrounded by sexualised images


I sometimes wonder what people are watching and reading to be seeing all this porn and sexual stuff everywhere.


:confused:

Treverus 16.01.2014 10:09

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

I sometimes wonder what people are watching and reading to be seeing all this porn and sexual stuff everywhere

It's just in their heads...


http://s.websiteplanet.com/wp-conten...albumparty.jpg

IzabelaInZug 16.01.2014 19:22

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
I said there are other options available depending what the problem is. I did not even once mention any new-age approaches. Now, go back to watching your porn or tell your wife to close her eyes and think of England because that's probably the best you can do.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 2064051)
Yes, I must be a FBI (Female Body Instructor in order to say that the new-age nonsense you posted was crap. What a fantastic and accurate deduction. You absolute loon. :eek:

No-one would ever say sex isn't important to a relationship, and couples can of course need guidance there, but that doesn't mean that all of the absolute mumbo-jumbo you are surrounding it with is anything other than pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo. You come across like someone who had big and messed up problems in your own relationship, had them fixed in this way by someone who clearly preached all of the aforementioned pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo surrounding sexual therapy, and are now a fanatical convert trying to convince everyone else.

Sexual therapy, good. The other nonsense you are spouting, not good.


IzabelaInZug 16.01.2014 19:44

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 2064051)
.Sexual therapy, good. The other nonsense you are spouting, not good.


Sorry but you didn't get my point at all. I said there are many ways to help people today. Some people lack skills and confidence and they simply need to be shown. There are therapists who provide treatments seen as controversial and I mentioned that. I said it is available but controversial and not for everyone. Read it again. It depends on the problem of the person /couple. The teaching offered by intimacy coaches can be done by talking, having people practice in privacy or can be shown on fantoms. Sometimes techniques need to be shown and it doesn't have to involve new-age practices, far from it.

It usually does not involve touching the client but there are some people who work like that and often these people have great results... I don't think this is necessary but I am not against it. I am not judging it but want to learn more about it. I would appreciate if you stay away from making comments about my personal life or my relationship. It has nothing to do with this subject.

IzabelaInZug 16.01.2014 20:20

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 2064051)
Yes, I must be a FBI (Female Body Instructor in order to say that the new-age nonsense you posted was crap.

I already know you are not. If you think of sexual techniques, bonding practices, breathing exercises, learning how to read your partner's body, couple massage, genital massage techniques, learning aimless touch as of nonsense then I feel really sorry for your partner. It is physiology + skills and patience if you prefer to see it this way. Read about karezza or get some videos. I see you obviously have your opinion about the subject although you probably never tried any of that. You really think it is so obvious for every couple how important sex is in the relationship? Knowing the importance while you are horny and knowing how to improve the quality of your sex life are two very different things. There are talented lovers for whom these things are easy but if someone is not this will usually lead to marriage/relationship break up.

IzabelaInZug 16.01.2014 20:32

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketer (Post 2063684)
"Sexological bodywork..."
Boy I could do with some of that:)


Yes, this name makes me smile too... but I am not the one who invented it. It all started with Annie Sprinkle and Joseph Kramer in California :)

Tom1234 17.01.2014 09:23

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IzabelaInZug (Post 2064718)
Yes, this name makes me smile too... but I am not the one who invented it. It all started with Annie Sprinkle and Joseph Kramer in California :)

In California? Who would have thought it, eh?

Guest 17.01.2014 09:34

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IzabelaInZug (Post 2063521)
Yes good point. Thank you. I didn't notice it.
I ment in traditional approach they are not allowed but there are two different approaches today. You can't solve all problems by only talking with your clients. And yes, you have to be very unhappy with either your sexual performance, overwhelming shyness or body image to do that but in some cases this kind if therapy works wonders. Many people do have problem with sex nowadays and this is where professional somatic sex education can be of help.

Most of counsellor don't know enough or know nothing about yoni healing or how therapeutic yoni massages can be. Once we realize how much emotions (often negative) can be stored in female genital area it all makes sense. Even when we think of something as controversial as sexual surrogacy it is important to be aware that the client must be referred to such therapy by his doctor or therapist. There are strict rules and a number of session is always fixed to avoid problems such as bonding and falling in love for example. It is not just about sleeping with somebody's husband for money but that's how many people prefer to see it.
They don't know what this really is so they are frightened. This is why it is easier to judge negatively or discredit this approach but I strongly support this approach if the boundaries are clear and therapist is professionally trained to do this.
I don't know why we underestimate the value and importance of sex today. Lots of people don't even know what they want or like because they never had a chance to really experience good touch and being taken care of by their lovers. How can a woman communicate her needs if she finds no joy in having sex? if we were told by our mothers that sex is somehow sinful, leads to troubles such as unwanted pregnancy, being "used" by a man or catching STD?
Of course our mothers want to warn us because they love us and want us to be safe and protected. This is natural and very important but we also should learn that sex is good, it feels good and makes us happy and Sex should be also seen as a cheery on the cake called Life.
it is important to learn how to give and receive pleasure especially for those in long-term relationships.
Sexological bodywork can help with these and other problems.

We are surrounded by lots of porn an aggressive commercials full of nudity. It seems like sex is an easy subject today, be is it true? Is this the quality of intimacy we really need?

HAHAHAHA! You neg repped me once when I made a joke about getting a happy ending after a massage, and now you come out and spout this shower of shite??!

What's that nonsense about "Genital Massage Techniques"?! You sure you're not offering happy endings?

Hello Kitty 17.01.2014 12:05

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
I was a bit surprised to read the replies on my initial post... My Intention was to share a positive experience I had, because I made the experience that it is difficult finding professional psychotherapy/counselling in english. I really appreciated the posts I received with other good suggestions because that was what I had intended: that we can share positive experiences and give eachother good addresses for counselling in Switzerland.
Concerning my ow experience with the Klaus-Grawe-Institute: I found it extremely helpful to find a place that offers highly professional, evidence-based Treatment (based on current psychotherapy research). This made me feel good and safe since I have an accademic background myself. Also, I think that the cognitive-behavioral approach helped me and my husband very much because it is very hands-on and practically useful in everyday life. We had an excellent, warm-hearted, professional counsellor. In the sessions we could clarify many of our distructive patterns, discuss subjects that we couldn't discuss on our own anymore, and we also did a communication. In the intervals between the sessions we could practise what we learned in real-life.
Other therapy modalities like sexual therapy or others might be right for many, for us it was definitely good to have a professional with a good educational and research background, and to proceed with clear goals and a problem-solving attitude. I would really appreciate if we could share more inputs on other positive experiences instead of drifting off. Have a great day everybody!

Karl 17.01.2014 12:58

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
I find your personal attack on a fellow poster completely out of line. If I were a mod I would have you banned for this unnecessary post and your crude choice of words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 2064051)
Yes, I must be a FBI (Female Body Instructor in order to say that the new-age nonsense you posted was crap. What a fantastic and accurate deduction. You absolute loon. :eek:

No-one would ever say sex isn't important to a relationship, and couples can of course need guidance there, but that doesn't mean that all of the absolute mumbo-jumbo you are surrounding it with is anything other than pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo. You come across like someone who had big and messed up problems in your own relationship, had them fixed in this way by someone who clearly preached all of the aforementioned pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo surrounding sexual therapy, and are now a fanatical convert trying to convince everyone else.

Sexual therapy, good. The other nonsense you are spouting, not good.


Treverus 17.01.2014 13:00

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hello Kitty (Post 2065075)
I was a bit surprised to read the replies on my initial post... My Intention was to share a positive experience I had, because I made the experience that it is difficult finding professional psychotherapy/counselling in english. I really appreciated the posts I received with other good suggestions because that was what I had intended: that we can share positive experiences and give eachother good addresses for counselling in Switzerland.
Concerning my ow experience with the Klaus-Grawe-Institute: I found it extremely helpful to find a place that offers highly professional, evidence-based Treatment (based on current psychotherapy research). This made me feel good and safe since I have an accademic background myself. Also, I think that the cognitive-behavioral approach helped me and my husband very much because it is very hands-on and practically useful in everyday life. We had an excellent, warm-hearted, professional counsellor. In the sessions we could clarify many of our distructive patterns, discuss subjects that we couldn't discuss on our own anymore, and we also did a communication. In the intervals between the sessions we could practise what we learned in real-life.
Other therapy modalities like sexual therapy or others might be right for many, for us it was definitely good to have a professional with a good educational and research background, and to proceed with clear goals and a problem-solving attitude. I would really appreciate if we could share more inputs on other positive experiences instead of drifting off. Have a great day everybody!

So you come to this website with the sole intention to share your awesome experience with those guys. Then you receive some negative feedback explaining you that your post really reads like unethical advertisement and that you should probably introduce yourself a bit before you post nothing but recommendations for one specific institute... after reading this you decide that it is time to make another post saying nothing else as your first one repeating over and over again how awesome that psychotherapy was?

I am sorry, but it is hard to take your posts seriously now...

Chuff 17.01.2014 13:14

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 2065122)
I find your personal attack on a fellow poster completely out of line. If I were a mod I would have you banned for this unnecessary post and your crude choice of words.

Thanks, I'm flattered. :msnblush:

Upthehatters2008 17.01.2014 13:28

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

I sometimes wonder what people are watching and reading to be seeing all this porn and sexual stuff everywhere.


:confused:
You need to get out of that hotbed of underground sexual deviancy they call Glarus...

Upthehatters2008 17.01.2014 13:30

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 2065122)
I find your personal attack on a fellow poster completely out of line. If I were a mod I would have you banned for this unnecessary post and your crude choice of words.

He has been a bit andropausal and tetchy lately I agree...

mirfield 17.01.2014 13:32

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

I sometimes wonder what people are watching and reading to be seeing all this porn and sexual stuff everywhere.
Just Redtube and Razzle. That filth is everywhere I look.

Chuff 17.01.2014 13:36

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Upthehatters2008 (Post 2065142)
He has been a bit andropausal and tetchy lately I agree...

I fill in during your quiet times. :D

IzabelaInZug 17.01.2014 17:24

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz1983 (Post 2064917)
What's that nonsense about "Genital Massage Techniques"?! You sure you're not offering happy endings?

It is not nonsense. Think of it as of science;). if you already think this is nonsense we have nothing to talk about. I was thinking of techqniques and practices partners can share to establish intimacy if it has been lost. Tricks and exercises for couples not for me and my clients... What did you think?

Yes i am interested in human sexuality and I choose to speak about it openly. I am not against open relationships, tantric practices, sexual surrogacy or sex workers offering services to disabled people or their parents booking and paying for such services as for these people it is sometimes the only way to be intimate with another human being.

I would love to teach couples about sensual massage. The problem is you have to be certified to do this and I am not qualified. I would love to do post-graduate studies in sex therapy but this is not going to happen... I'm afraid a rude prude like you would be killed on the spot.
I hope to assist during tantric workshops for couples who consider divorce soon and i am really looking forward to it. A lot can be taught and lernt there.

I see you immediately made a link between me and happy ending massages. Is this is the only sexual experience you can think of? This must be something you know very well yourself if you dare to speak about it so openly. If that's the case I am sorry for you... but please tell us more, we are open-minded society and we can talk about sex without getting upset or judgemental, without shame or making silly childish or vulgar jokes. Can't we?

Chuff 17.01.2014 17:43

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IzabelaInZug (Post 2065332)
It is not nonsense. Think of it as of science;). if you already think this is nonsense we have nothing to talk about. I was thinking of techqniques and practices partners can share to establish intimacy if it has been lost. Tricks and exercises for couples not for me and my clients... What did you think?

Yes i am interested in human sexuality and I choose to speak about it openly. I am not against open relationships, tantric practices, sexual surrogacy or sex workers offering services to disabled people or their parents booking and paying for such services as for these people it is sometimes the only way to be intimate with another human being.

I would love to teach couples about sensual massage. The problem is you have to be certified to do this and I am not qualified. I would love to do post-graduate studies in sex therapy but this is not going to happen... I'm afraid a rude prude like you would be killed on the spot.
I hope to assist during tantric workshops for couples who consider divorce soon and i am really looking forward to it. A lot can be taught and lernt there.

I see you immediately made a link between me and happy ending massages. Is this is the only sexual experience you can think of? This must be something you know very well yourself if you dare to speak about it so openly. If that's the case I am sorry for you... but please tell us more, we are open-minded society and we can talk about sex without getting upset or judgemental, without shame or making silly childish or vulgar jokes. Can't we?

Izabela, I know that in your mind everyone who doesn't take your ramblings on this subject 100% seriously is a prudish, sexually incompetent shrew... but in reality we are just a selection of people who think that you are taking the sound principles of marriage, relationship and sexual counselling, and then adding a high dose of verbose guff to go with it.

You seem to be confusing the above sentiments for us not being able to openly talk about sex, which is absolutely not the case.

IzabelaInZug 17.01.2014 18:21

Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz1983 (Post 2064917)
HAHAHAHA! You neg repped me once when I made a joke about getting a happy ending after a massage, and now you come out and spout this shower of shite??!

What's that nonsense about "Genital Massage Techniques"?! You sure you're not offering happy endings?

Oh did I give you some nasty red blobs for your comment? You probably deserved it.
If IGNORANCE is BLISS you must be ORGASMIC.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0