Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 31.07.2015, 14:28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 68
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
MoiToi has no particular reputation at present
Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

Hello

We have been using SudoCrem which we took from UK during our visit. This cream is for baby nappy rash. We tried a local made, but there is no affect.

Can anybody tell from where I can buy this cream? A picture is attached.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
looking-sudocrem-zurich-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 31.07.2015, 16:52
Rowan's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nyon
Posts: 93
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 111 Times in 34 Posts
Rowan has earned the respect of manyRowan has earned the respect of manyRowan has earned the respect of many
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

Sorry, I'm not sure that it's available over here - we always brought it back from the UK.

If it's any help, Kinderwundsalbe is also very good for nappy rash, and is available from all chemists. I guess you've tried Bepanthen, which is the pink tube generally used for nappy rash here...

Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31.07.2015, 19:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Geneva
Posts: 2,731
Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 3,140 Times in 1,512 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

If you're specifically looking for a pommade that contains zinc (as Sudocrem does), then Pediatrics at HUG recommends this one;

Oxyplastin pâte 75g (S)
Composition par g:
-oxyde de zinc 460 mg
-cire blanche 1 mg; huile de géranium,
huile d’origan, huile de thym, huile de
verveine 1.2 mg resp.
-graisse de laine (E913)

So: Zinc, white wax, geranium oil, oregano oil, vervaine oil, lanolin.

Most chemists should stock it.

Otherwise Penaten panthanol-creme is very good (as is the rest of the range). You'll find it in the baby products section of your local Co-op.




Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31.07.2015, 19:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here
Posts: 3,528
Groaned at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,803 Posts
glowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

This is a good online pharmacy which delivers to Switzerland with no problems at all.

Or perhaps call your local pharmacy and ask them if they can order it for you.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank glowjupiter for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 31.07.2015, 19:56
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 68
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
MoiToi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
If you're specifically looking for a pommade that contains zinc (as Sudocrem does), then Pediatrics at HUG recommends this one;

Oxyplastin pâte 75g (S)
Composition par g:
-oxyde de zinc 460 mg
-cire blanche 1 mg; huile de géranium,
huile d’origan, huile de thym, huile de
verveine 1.2 mg resp.
-graisse de laine (E913)

So: Zinc, white wax, geranium oil, oregano oil, vervaine oil, lanolin.

Most chemists should stock it.

Otherwise Penaten panthanol-creme is very good (as is the rest of the range). You'll find it in the baby products section of your local Co-op.




Thank you for your detailed reply. I used exactly this product, but I believe it not only worked but it exacerbated the small rash/wounds. That's why I am after Sudocrem now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 31.07.2015, 22:00
Mélusine's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lutry
Posts: 3,457
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,908 Posts
Mélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

Eosine is great for nappy rash. It's bright red and your fingers - especially nails - will stay pinkish for a few days if you're not careful when applying it, but there's nothing better.

What I do for severe nappy rash is to put the liquid eosine, let it dry a bit, then put oxyplastine on top.

By the way, are you sure it didn't turn into a fungal infection? In that case, Immidazol is the cream you'll need.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31.07.2015, 22:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here
Posts: 3,528
Groaned at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,803 Posts
glowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Eosine is great for nappy rash. It's bright red and your fingers - especially nails - will stay pinkish for a few days if you're not careful when applying it, but there's nothing better.

What I do for severe nappy rash is to put the liquid eosine, let it dry a bit, then put oxyplastine on top.

By the way, are you sure it didn't turn into a fungal infection? In that case, Immidazol is the cream you'll need.
imazol can be purchased without a doctor's receipt and should be quite cheap too. If you're not sure what it is and you're concerned, speak to your doc. IMO that's better than trying many different creams which (as you saw) could worsen the problem rather than fix it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank glowjupiter for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 31.07.2015, 22:06
Mélusine's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lutry
Posts: 3,457
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,908 Posts
Mélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
imazol can be purchased without a doctor's receipt and should be quite cheap too. If you're not sure what it is and you're concerned, speak to your doc. IMO that's better than trying many different creams which (as you saw) could worsen the problem rather than fix it.
Very true.

I've got 3 kids, I've had time and practice to become a nappy rash specialist
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31.07.2015, 22:23
Veltliner's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ZH / SZ
Posts: 271
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 339 Times in 128 Posts
Veltliner has an excellent reputationVeltliner has an excellent reputationVeltliner has an excellent reputationVeltliner has an excellent reputation
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

I have an almost full tub here which I brought over by mistake, if you become desperate for sudocream only.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27.04.2016, 21:52
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 3,035
Groaned at 27 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 3,015 Times in 1,634 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking Sudocrem in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Hello

We have been using SudoCrem which we took from UK during our visit. This cream is for baby nappy rash. We tried a local made, but there is no affect.

Can anybody tell from where I can buy this cream? A picture is attached.

Thank you.
Did you find it? You can't get it in Switzerland. I ordered it from http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/ on the 22nd, received it today. They took the VAT off and customs here didn't bother. Found that pointer on EF even, somewhere in the archive. It's cool, got my Savlon too (Novartis=Swiss yet never been available in CH). £10 postage but hey, what's £10 for s smooth bum? Don't make your order too expensive .... if it is Swiss customs will get interested.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a Studio Apartment In Zurich or around Zurich Rajeev_J Property wanted 0 25.06.2014 08:47
Hair Stylist looking for a job in a salon in Zurich cocodog Jobs wanted 1 12.04.2014 10:42
Looking for a job in Procurement in Zurich - any tips? celine26 Employment 2 10.05.2010 17:42
Looking for a room in Zurich/Zurich area from 01.04. rogi Property wanted 0 03.03.2010 08:10
English speaking living in Zurich looking for part-time babysitter job [Zurich] Misha Marie Jobs wanted 0 28.10.2009 17:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0