Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07.12.2006, 17:50
telandy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 2,060
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 634 Times in 378 Posts
telandy has an excellent reputationtelandy has an excellent reputationtelandy has an excellent reputationtelandy has an excellent reputation
Childrens Surnames / Unmarried couple

We had an interesting experience where our twins were born in CH and we wanted then to have a double barrel surname ie the Surname of the mother followed by a hyphen and the surname of the father. We are both UK nationals.

Under Swiss law because we werent married it is law that the surname of the child/ children take the surname of the mother, but we arent Swiss. Under UK law we call call the kids Mickey Mouse etc if we wanted to.

After a lot of form filling and legal stamps and a couple of months later we received Swiss birth certificates with the double name on, as we had wished.

PS It would have been easier to get married!! But we still havent done so!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L Permit to a B permit - Unmarried UK couple telandy Permits/visas/government 3 25.10.2006 17:52

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0