Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10.07.2017, 18:26
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thalwil
Posts: 137
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 67 Times in 34 Posts
surfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeablesurfmase is considered knowledgeable
Separating: married with children


Unfortunately I'm having to go through this process now and it's a little overwhelming when considering all the aspects and implications.

This thread has a great list of links from jrspet to get started. https://www.englishforum.ch/family-m...ried-kids.html

however, it is a bit older and there has been a new law passed this year regarding child support and maintenance. Its rather difficult getting any good idea on how this changes things. Perhaps this is only a change for non-married couples? The tricky part to figure out is the "Betreuungsunterhalt" when determining maintenance payments for wife and children. Does anyone have experience with this new formulation?

Does anyone have experience with 50/50 custody? I prefer this, but my wife prefers to have majority. Does this perhaps have to do with her claim on maintenance?

I do have an appointment with this office www.zefzh.ch and I will call the regional Rechtsauskunft office tomorrow when they are open. Can anyone in the ZH area recommend a place to get legal advice on the matter?

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Separating kitten from mom - since when? tania1982 Pet corner 21 25.06.2013 11:37
Advice on separating hayleyjay1 Family matters/health 4 13.05.2013 21:17
Non-Swiss separating from Swiss partner ( cohabitation / unmarried with kids ) Jedger Family matters/health 5 17.11.2011 20:18
American C permit; Husband B, Separating with children considering Permits/visas/government 1 19.07.2011 22:33
Getting Married in France -> Need a Certificate of not being married? MrChilli Family matters/health 6 14.07.2010 23:23

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0