English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Family matters/health (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/)
-   -   Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond) (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/293176-laser-eye-surgery-near-geneva-beyond.html)

Twinnings 23.07.2019 19:19

Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond)
 
Hi All,

Recently arrived to Lausanne and looking at getting laser eye surgery here in Switzerland. I haven't had much time yet to do research on which ones are best, safest, etc so would love recommendations from anyone who's had it done while here.

If it's a clinic near Lausanne/Geneva great, but I'm more than happy to go to Zurich, etc for a better rated place. Would also be great to know what prices you've come across.

So far I had EHC - Simplon and Focus Laser mentioned, but not much detail other than that.

Also, I see that some clinics offer discounts if you're with certain insurance companies - as I'm with Swica that would be great if a discount existed.

Very best,
Michael

mossie 23.07.2019 20:19

Re: Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond)
 
If you can make it to Neufchâtel I recommend Professor Jean-Philippe Colliac at clinic de la Providence. He is top notch and very experienced since the early days of LASIK.

https://www.hopital-providence.ch/

Belgianmum 23.07.2019 21:02

Re: Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mossie (Post 3085339)
If you can make it to Neufchâtel I recommend Professor Jean-Philippe Colliac at clinic de la Providence. He is top notch and very experienced since the early days of LASIK.

https://www.hopital-providence.ch/

I can also highly recommend him.

mossie 23.07.2019 21:46

Re: Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgianmum (Post 3085349)
I can also highly recommend him.

Yes I have seen a lot of surgeons operate and he is truly gifted.

MusicChick 23.07.2019 22:46

Re: Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond)
 
Would he do complicated stuff, too? Cataracts, muscles repair, retina repair, etc.? I need othed things than just Lasic, so I am currently looking around.

mossie 23.07.2019 23:01

Re: Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicChick (Post 3085365)
Would he do complicated stuff, too? Cataracts, muscles repair, retina repair, etc.? I need othed things than just Lasic, so I am currently looking around.

I know he splits his time between Paris and Neufchatel but specializes in Refractive Surgery. They have possibilities there for retina , cataracts etc but retinal specialists and refractive specialists generally don’t have a lot of cross over. Call them and ask in case he does that I’m not aware of.

For retina you can also try the world renowned Jules Gonin hospital In Lausanne.

MusicChick 23.07.2019 23:09

Re: Laser Eye Surgery near Geneva (or beyond)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mossie (Post 3085371)
I know he splits his time between Paris and Neufchatel but specializes in Refractive Surgery. They have possibilities there for retina , cataracts etc but retinal specialists and refractive specialists generally don’t have a lot of cross over. Call them and ask in case he does that I’m not aware of.

For retina you can also try the world renowned Jules Gonin hospital In Lausanne.

Yeah, I know. I have to muster up some guts, too. So used to glasses.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0