Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.01.2020, 09:34
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Basel
Posts: 55
Groaned at 13 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
justintheexpat is considered a nuisancejustintheexpat is considered a nuisancejustintheexpat is considered a nuisance
Health insurance

Hi everyone.

I canít afford my health insurance and I rang them up and they said I can do instalment payments.
I asked them how long do I have to set these invoices up as I just returned from the United Kingdom.
They said you need to do it before this week ends. I accidentally left the invoice in at my work and wonít be able to get them till Monday as the banks are shut so I can not set the direct debt up.

Will they fine me? Iím with sanitas
  #2  
Old 18.01.2020, 09:42
NotAllThere's Avatar
Mod x2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 13,810
Groaned at 244 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 20,397 Times in 8,280 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Worst case, you'll get a reminder. Pay on monday and I doubt they'll notice.

I don't know where you work, but in the various places I've worked in Basel, I've been able to get into the offices on Saturday. Why not try it.
This user would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 20.01.2020, 16:34
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,971
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone.

I canít afford my health insurance and I rang them up and they said I can do instalment payments.
I asked them how long do I have to set these invoices up as I just returned from the United Kingdom.
They said you need to do it before this week ends. I accidentally left the invoice in at my work and wonít be able to get them till Monday as the banks are shut so I can not set the direct debt up.

Will they fine me? Iím with sanitas
In Germany the tariff is according to your income. Not this immoral system of Switzerland!!
This user groans at omtatsat for this post:
  #4  
Old 20.01.2020, 16:36
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,125
Groaned at 369 Times in 310 Posts
Thanked 14,108 Times in 6,568 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
In Germany the tariff is according to your income. Not this immoral system of Switzerland!!

Did you ever look into the amounts people have to pay in Germany? And the "service" they get for it?


Donīt call a system immoral before you have used other systems. I for one can appreciate the Swiss one.
  #5  
Old 20.01.2020, 17:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 5,338
Groaned at 300 Times in 213 Posts
Thanked 7,290 Times in 3,423 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
Worst case, you'll get a reminder. Pay on monday and I doubt they'll notice.

I don't know where you work, but in the various places I've worked in Basel, I've been able to get into the offices on Saturday. Why not try it.
You know what I don’t like? People complaining that they can’t afford health insurance and getting subsidies partially paid from my taxes.

If you don’t like it you can leave, I won’t miss you.

Goodbye ��

Last edited by bowlie; 20.01.2020 at 18:00.
  #6  
Old 20.01.2020, 17:45
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 13,135
Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
You know what I donít like? People complaining that they canít afford health insurance and getting subsidies partially paid from my taxes.

If you donít like it you can leave, I wonít miss you.

Goodbye 👋
I seriously think you should specify the receiver of such a message.
Quoting whom you're answering to would be the logic thing.
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 20.01.2020, 19:02
NotAllThere's Avatar
Mod x2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 13,810
Groaned at 244 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 20,397 Times in 8,280 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
You know what I don’t like? People complaining that they can’t afford health insurance and getting subsidies partially paid from my taxes.
Gosh, I'd hate to be so impoverished that I resented subsidising people on low incomes. But this should really piss you off. When I transferred the sale of my UK house into Switzerland, I got such a large tax deduction, I got assistance with my health insurance. Despite being on a six figure salary! How do you feel about subsidising me! Ooh, and if you're with my insurer, you're already subsidising me, as my health costs are greater than my premiums and own contribution!
Quote:
View Post
I seriously think you should specify the receiver of such a message.
Quoting whom you're answering to would be the logic thing.
Indeed. I don't see anyone here complaining that they can't afford health insurance.
__________________
Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!
This user would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 20.01.2020, 19:08
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
You know what I donít like? People complaining that they canít afford health insurance and getting subsidies partially paid from my taxes.

If you donít like it you can leave, I wonít miss you.

Goodbye ��
You never know what hand fate will deal you - somewhere down the line Justintheexpat might be shoring up your contributions if you happen upon hard times.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 20.01.2020, 19:14
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 13,135
Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
You never know what hand fate will deal you - somewhere down the line Justintheexpat might be shoring up your contributions if you happen upon hard times.
While dutifully covering his own expenses with instalment payments.
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 20.01.2020, 21:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 8,058
Groaned at 95 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 12,442 Times in 5,051 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
If you don’t like it you can leave, I won’t miss you.
Please tread easy.

As we're seeing from Justintheexpat's other threads, he is in a very difficult position at the moment, having had a severely traumatic experience and still going through a terrible time, yet even so trying to figure out how to get it all together.

So please don't make his load heavier.
Thank you.

Last edited by doropfiz; 26.01.2020 at 14:40.
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health insurance - from an exemption to an obligatory insurance with 1 month break davidz Insurance 20 19.08.2019 15:25
Newborn fee trap: mother has foreign health insurance but baby has Swiss insurance wellswulsin Family matters/health 0 16.04.2016 11:18
European Health Insurance Card coverage and complementary private insurance SilviaGiorgetti Insurance 10 19.08.2015 21:20
Health insurance breached my health confidentiality Switzerland12 Complaints corner 26 19.05.2015 22:46
health care/ health insurance/customs/American outlining Insurance 5 16.05.2012 10:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0