Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #821  
Old 26.02.2020, 15:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,753
Groaned at 236 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 5,311 Times in 2,430 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Its like black friday getting hand antiseptic in Zürich.
You can’t get it, my local Apotheken have been out of it since a couple of weeks. They say cannot reorder, but have a delivery end of week of 70% alcohol instead. Not gonna tell you which Apotheke (just kidding).

So, I have just ordered a bulk load of hand bag size stuff over galaxus.ch, as all the Dettol good things have already been sold out from Coop, like general cleaning sprays, kitchen cleaning wipes - and their cleaning products that I use since the past few years regularly. Just sayin’.

Have also made sure that we have enough pasta, rice, gourmet pasta sauces, prepared soups, WC papier, dishwasher and laundry powder, wine etc. to last a lifetime in case we need to do a self-isolation.

Have survived the pig-flu, bird-flu, SARS vs 1.0 over the past few years here. So won’t bother with masks (just silly In retrospect).

But just want to pass-on that if you think that getting disinfecting stuff here is easy today, you might like to rethink
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #822  
Old 26.02.2020, 15:30
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 15,037
Groaned at 284 Times in 206 Posts
Thanked 17,474 Times in 9,038 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Probably those, yes.There's some evidence that this is the case - but the flip side is susceptibility to auto-immune diseases like arthritis. It also means that man colds rellay are far worse than woman colds.
Always knew there was a reason behind man-flu.

I read up on the Patient Zero in Italy and the monster way the hospital messed up.
Reply With Quote
  #823  
Old 26.02.2020, 15:44
John_H's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Up above Nyon
Posts: 3,638
Groaned at 99 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,835 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
You can’t get it, my local Apotheken have been out of it since a couple of weeks. They say cannot reorder, but have a delivery end of week of 70% alcohol instead. Not gonna tell you which Apotheke (just kidding).

So, I have just ordered a bulk load of hand bag size stuff over galaxus.ch, as all the Dettol good things have already been sold out from Coop, like general cleaning sprays, kitchen cleaning wipes - and their cleaning products that I use since the past few years regularly. Just sayin’.

Have also made sure that we have enough pasta, rice, gourmet pasta sauces, prepared soups, WC papier, dishwasher and laundry powder, wine etc. to last a lifetime in case we need to do a self-isolation.

Have survived the pig-flu, bird-flu, SARS vs 1.0 over the past few years here. So won’t bother with masks (just silly In retrospect).

But just want to pass-on that if you think that getting disinfecting stuff here is easy today, you might like to rethink
Concerned about hand sanitizer ... ?

Make your own for a fraction of the price.. Bio-Ethanol available in most supermarkets, Landi, gas station etc.. For under 5chf per litre .. (99.8% alcohol too)
To make it nicer feeling and less fluid, mix in a little aloe vera or similar..

Put it a squeezy bottle and you're set..


You're welcome
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank John_H for this useful post:
  #824  
Old 26.02.2020, 15:56
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
You can’t get it, my local Apotheken have been out of it since a couple of weeks. They say cannot reorder, but have a delivery end of week of 70% alcohol instead. Not gonna tell you which Apotheke (just kidding).

So, I have just ordered a bulk load of hand bag size stuff over galaxus.ch, as all the Dettol good things have already been sold out from Coop, like general cleaning sprays, kitchen cleaning wipes - and their cleaning products that I use since the past few years regularly. Just sayin’.

Have also made sure that we have enough pasta, rice, gourmet pasta sauces, prepared soups, WC papier, dishwasher and laundry powder, wine etc. to last a lifetime in case we need to do a self-isolation.

Have survived the pig-flu, bird-flu, SARS vs 1.0 over the past few years here. So won’t bother with masks (just silly In retrospect).

But just want to pass-on that if you think that getting disinfecting stuff here is easy today, you might like to rethink
Online theres plenty available
Reply With Quote
  #825  
Old 26.02.2020, 16:13
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,753
Groaned at 236 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 5,311 Times in 2,430 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Concerned about hand sanitizer ... ?

Make your own for a fraction of the price.. Bio-Ethanol available in most supermarkets, Landi, gas station etc.. For under 5chf per litre .. (99.8% alcohol too)
To make it nicer feeling and less fluid, mix in a little aloe vera or similar..

Put it a squeezy bottle and you're set..


You're welcome
Oh, that appears to be what I’ve ordered .
But all the “normal” stuff like Dettol, or any other disenfection stuff was sold-out.

The Coop shelf, the Migros Shelf, asking at my Apotheken - all empty, with no chance of re-ordering. Let’s not forget that we live in Switzerland - the Swiss households are prepared well in advance! Just lucky that I had enough anyway
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #826  
Old 26.02.2020, 16:17
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Oh, that appears to be what I’ve ordered .
But all the “normal” stuff like Dettol, or any other disenfection stuff was sold-out.

The Coop shelf, the Migros Shelf, asking at my Apotheken - all empty, with no chance of re-ordering. Let’s not forget that we live in Switzerland - the Swiss households are prepared well in advance! Just lucky that I had enough anyway
Could be they are all recleaning their toilets!
Reply With Quote
  #827  
Old 26.02.2020, 16:20
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 15,037
Groaned at 284 Times in 206 Posts
Thanked 17,474 Times in 9,038 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Could be they are all recleaning their toilets!
You have been talking about WC lately...quite a bit. Ça va?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #828  
Old 26.02.2020, 16:29
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Solna
Posts: 22
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Alhunter has no particular reputation at present
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
They're the only figures we've got from which statistically significant conclusions can be drawn, so even if they're not as accurate as we'd like, they're better than any other data we've got, such as wild ill-informed speculation.

Epidemiologists in the West have analysed the data, and they seem quite happy it is kosher. There's no specific reasons for China to falsify data (except habit)- if they have, it will come out as the virus spreads into more open societies. That would severely harm China's standing in the scientific community, and so it seems likely to me that the data released is not entirely useless.
Their reasoning of faking number is so people can go back to work and start making money for the CCP, the economy is not holding up since some years now and they got plenty of people to lose
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Alhunter for this useful post:
  #829  
Old 26.02.2020, 16:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Their reasoning of faking number is so people can go back to work and start making money for the CCP, the economy is not holding up since some years now and they got plenty of people to lose
This.

People are forced back to work, employer have allowed certain measurements if people give fear of Corona as reason to not work, and also they announced that getting Corona even through the workplace is a non-work related (and thus uninsured) disease.

Major -up going to happen there.
Reply With Quote
  #830  
Old 26.02.2020, 16:43
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,753
Groaned at 236 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 5,311 Times in 2,430 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
This.

People are forced back to work, employer have allowed certain measurements if people give fear of Corona as reason to not work, and also they announced that getting Corona even through the workplace is a non-work related (and thus uninsured) disease.

Major -up going to happen there.
Really? Which companies?
Reply With Quote
  #831  
Old 26.02.2020, 16:53
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Solna
Posts: 22
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Alhunter has no particular reputation at present
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Really? Which companies?
All companies basically, the government pass down orders that every company need to reach their mandatory electricity consumption quota, that is how they measure whether a company is back to work or not.
Read that a company couldn't really start as they lack of raw material and staff, but turned on all electronics in the company just so they can reach the quota
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Alhunter for this useful post:
  #832  
Old 26.02.2020, 17:16
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

https://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/de...d15768260.html

I'm stocked up!

Name:  2d85da.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  76.3 KB
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 26.02.2020, 17:32
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 15,037
Groaned at 284 Times in 206 Posts
Thanked 17,474 Times in 9,038 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

I'd think it's a school canteen basement. Except for those harissas and sugus.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 26.02.2020, 17:51
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 3,536
Groaned at 138 Times in 93 Posts
Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,484 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

An Apotheke worker told me the other day that you can also use 70% rubbing alcohol as a hand sanitizer, but that it has to be the kind that is 70%. That's a good idea -- to mix it with something like aloe vera, as someone mentioned above.

Apparently you can also make your own hand sanitizer with vodka.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...hand-sanitizer
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #835  
Old 26.02.2020, 18:04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Kt Zurich
Posts: 330
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 980 Times in 365 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Really cheap vodka makes a great cleaner. Also good for making vanilla extract.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank ennui for this useful post:
  #836  
Old 26.02.2020, 18:06
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Mix your own disinfectant
If you want to make your own disinfectant, you can do it with the help of household funds. This requires the following:

• 80 ml of alcohol (for example vodka)

• 20 ml aloe vera juice (disinfects and cares for the hand at the same time)

• 5 drops of an essential oil (natural remedy for germs, bacteria, viruses and fungi)

Mix all ingredients in a bottle with a spray lid and your own mixture is ready. Important: Shake well before each use and keep at a minimum of 5 degrees and a maximum of 25 degrees.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #837  
Old 26.02.2020, 18:48
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,308
Groaned at 182 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 12,677 Times in 6,640 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
An Apotheke worker told me the other day that you can also use 70% rubbing alcohol as a hand sanitizer, but that it has to be the kind that is 70%. That's a good idea -- to mix it with something like aloe vera, as someone mentioned above.

Apparently you can also make your own hand sanitizer with vodka.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...hand-sanitizer
Watched yesterday's news, they reported the Swiss case was infected at a gathering he attended in Italy. Two days after that event, he started to feel sick.
Nobody else thinking, there's something wrong with this incubation time?
Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 26.02.2020, 18:52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Kt Zurich
Posts: 330
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 980 Times in 365 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Watched yesterday's news, they reported the Swiss case was infected at a gathering he attended in Italy. Two days after that event, he started to feel sick.
Nobody else thinking, there's something wrong with this incubation time?
Not necessarily. incubation is given as a range

2-14 days most of the time

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...bation-period/
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank ennui for this useful post:
  #839  
Old 26.02.2020, 18:52
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Watched yesterday's news, they reported the Swiss case was infected at a gathering he attended in Italy. Two days after that event, he started to feel sick.
Nobody else thinking, there's something wrong with this incubation time?
Maybe he picked it up elsewhere earlier?
Reply With Quote
  #840  
Old 26.02.2020, 18:55
Ace1's Avatar
A modal singularity
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morgins, VS (and Alsace)
Posts: 8,321
Groaned at 325 Times in 213 Posts
Thanked 13,839 Times in 6,085 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Watched yesterday's news, they reported the Swiss case was infected at a gathering he attended in Italy. Two days after that event, he started to feel sick.
Nobody else thinking, there's something wrong with this incubation time?
Quote:
View Post
Not necessarily. incubation is given as a range

2-14 days most of the time

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...bation-period/
Plus you don't know how long the event was, so it could have been four or five days (or more) since infection. No reason to doubt the story.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Ace1 for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cold, corona, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, flu, health, medical, virus




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (3 members and 3 guests)
vkouk, Limestone
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0