Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8741  
Old 02.05.2020, 16:30
Troublawesome's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 1,096
Groaned at 239 Times in 140 Posts
Thanked 1,165 Times in 516 Posts
Troublawesome is considered knowledgeableTroublawesome is considered knowledgeableTroublawesome is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coronavirus

Can someone post the swiss government guidelines for flights arriving in Switzerland? Who is allowed to fly in and when the bans will be removed?

Or there's no such info yet?

I have seen this, in May 11 it says "gradual relaxations of restriction of entry to Switzerland" but what does it mean?

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/covid-1...rland/45592192


This also says "Family reunification will again be possible for family members of Swiss citizens as well as kin of EU or EFTA nationals living in Switzerland. "

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/family-...ay-11/45725666

Kin of EU living in Switzerland....so does this include grandparents?

I am interested in when a EU, non-Swiss could fly to Switzerland legally. Like an uncle or grandparents.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Troublawesome for this useful post:
  #8742  
Old 02.05.2020, 16:42
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I'm not arguing against that. But going to a shopping centre to buy a bottle of soda? Really?
So you think I should go to a kiosk and pay an exorbitant price.! Its quite a normal thing to do to go to migros or coop to buy a drink. Whats wrong with you!?
Reply With Quote
  #8743  
Old 02.05.2020, 16:46
Samaire13's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CH
Posts: 4,313
Groaned at 116 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 7,106 Times in 2,714 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
But everybody going to the Supermarket on the same day is nonsense and sure does nothing to reduce the infection
Oh for God’s sake.

If YOU feel you can do whatever you want and go shopping whenever you like, then so can everyone else. You do not dictate when others are supposed to do what. Want to avoid “crowds” while buying your Rivella, go buy it at 10pm at the gas station.

And whether you shop one item or fifteen or three hundred on that one trip matters extremely little, you’re at the same location either way.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Samaire13 for this useful post:
  #8744  
Old 02.05.2020, 16:50
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Oh for God’s sake.

If YOU feel you can do whatever you want and go shopping whenever you like, then so can everyone else. You do not dictate when others are supposed to do what. Want to avoid “crowds” while buying your Rivella, go buy it at 10pm at the gas station.

And whether you shop one item or fifteen or three hundred on that one trip matters extremely little, you’re at the same location either way.
Yes of course people are free to shop when they like. But at the moment with this virus thing it would not be unreasonable for people to do their weekly shopping on a week day-especially when they dont work and have that choice.
Reply With Quote
  #8745  
Old 02.05.2020, 16:51
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 230
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 584 Times in 297 Posts
John William has an excellent reputationJohn William has an excellent reputationJohn William has an excellent reputationJohn William has an excellent reputation
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
This also says "Family reunification will again be possible for family members of Swiss citizens as well as kin of EU or EFTA nationals living in Switzerland. "

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/family-...ay-11/45725666

Kin of EU living in Switzerland....so does this include grandparents?

I am interested in when a EU, non-Swiss could fly to Switzerland legally. Like an uncle or grandparents.
H'm so where does that leave British citizens living in Switzerland with kin in a Non EU country like the UK ?
As they all say Britain left the EU on the 31st January this year and Boris wouldn't touch EFTA with
a barge pole after leaving the EU.

Maybe someone can find the appropriate item or paragraph in the Withdrawal Agreement for me
( maybe ) under the section of Pandemic lockdowns and measures arising under such eventualities ?
Might even be under a sub-section covering the transition period.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8746  
Old 02.05.2020, 16:57
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,117
Groaned at 343 Times in 285 Posts
Thanked 11,869 Times in 5,772 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Yes of course people are free to shop when they like. But at the moment with this virus thing it would not be unreasonable for people to do their weekly shopping on a week day-especially when they dont work and have that choice.
How do you know they do not work?? A lot of people still work from home.
I still work so I cannot shop whenever I want. You mentioned you are retired, so why not check out quiet times and shop then??
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #8747  
Old 02.05.2020, 17:03
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
How do you know they do not work?? A lot of people still work from home.
I still work so I cannot shop whenever I want. You mentioned you are retired, so why not check out quiet times and shop then??
With the opening hours of shopping centres whether one works or not there are 6 days in the week. I guess its that Saturday shopping habit. But these habit shoppers could at the moment think about doing their weekly shopping or browsing on another day. And the thing is they know it will be busy and overcrowded!
Reply With Quote
  #8748  
Old 02.05.2020, 17:30
Samaire13's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CH
Posts: 4,313
Groaned at 116 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 7,106 Times in 2,714 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Yes of course people are free to shop when they like. But at the moment with this virus thing it would not be unreasonable for people to do their weekly shopping on a week day-especially when they dont work and have that choice.
Seriously?? Are you even remotely aware of your double standards?

People work, you know. Most of us don't chill out at home, relaxing and "reflecting on life" all day long.

And why didn't you stock up on your Rivella during the week then or go to that gas station or any kiosk really? That way you wouldn't have had to face the oh-so-brutal crowds and wouldn't have taken up a space for someone who needed it more.

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Samaire13 for this useful post:
  #8749  
Old 02.05.2020, 17:34
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Seriously?? Are you even remotely aware of your double standards?

People work, you know. Most of us don't chill out at home, relaxing and "reflecting on life" all day long.

And why didn't you stock up on your Rivella during the week then or go to that gas station or any kiosk really? That way you wouldn't have had to face the oh-so-brutal crowds and wouldn't have taken up a space for someone who needed it more.

When I saw the crowds waiting in the line to get into Migros ( Virus control ) I left. And went to COOP which was more or less empty.
No double stand there. I was not doing my weekly shopping. Simply making an observation of the overcrowded conditions there
Reply With Quote
  #8750  
Old 02.05.2020, 17:49
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,281
Groaned at 314 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 13,199 Times in 6,873 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
How do you know they do not work?? A lot of people still work from home.
I still work so I cannot shop whenever I want. You mentioned you are retired, so why not check out quiet times and shop then??
He wouldn't be able to complain on EF then, which apparently is this forum's whole purpose.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #8751  
Old 02.05.2020, 17:52
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,919
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
He wouldn't be able to complain on EF then, which apparently is this forum's whole purpose.
Wrong . We have a Corona virus problem and to see all these crowds in Migros and Jumbo etc really shows how alot of people don't give a shit.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #8752  
Old 02.05.2020, 17:57
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 10,440
Groaned at 76 Times in 73 Posts
Thanked 17,055 Times in 7,717 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Wrong . We have a Corona virus problem and to see all these crowds in Migros and Jumbo etc really shows how alot of people don't give a shit.
Including you. You're part of the crowd, even though you somehow think you're special and it's everyone else that should stay home.
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
This user groans at 3Wishes for this post:
  #8753  
Old 02.05.2020, 17:58
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,281
Groaned at 314 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 13,199 Times in 6,873 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Wrong . We have a Corona virus problem and to see all these crowds in Migros and Jumbo etc really shows how alot of people don't give a shit.
Some of them don't have any other possibility but to shop on Saturdays. My husband works from home but he's still doing the shopping, making up for that time of course, because he's faster and doesn't get distracted by things that are not on the list. We decided together who's doing what and when.In all fairness, we've had home deliveries too. A lot. Time to support small producers too, we took it veeeery seriously.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #8754  
Old 02.05.2020, 18:08
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 8,419
Groaned at 109 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 6,015 Times in 3,383 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

So after months of R&D, in the end, ole good drug tested against Ebola seems to be antidote ...

Coronavirus: US authorises use of anti-viral drug Remdesivir https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52511270
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank jacek for this useful post:
  #8755  
Old 02.05.2020, 18:09
CodPeace's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: BaselStadt
Posts: 447
Groaned at 77 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 893 Times in 355 Posts
CodPeace has a reputation beyond reputeCodPeace has a reputation beyond reputeCodPeace has a reputation beyond reputeCodPeace has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

I was surprised by just how many people were at my local 'out of town' Jumbo and Coop today as I drove past. Both car parks at capacity.

Literally cars queuing into both. A friend said same at Dreispitz for Obi and Migros, with people queueing round the store to get into Obi.
Pent up demand I expect, probably wil be better next weekend.
On the positive side, for me anyway, the rain kept most of the ramblers away from the woods so it was only the dog walkers today.
Even met a rare, curley haired retriever!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CodPeace for this useful post:
  #8756  
Old 02.05.2020, 18:14
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,315
Groaned at 389 Times in 337 Posts
Thanked 16,265 Times in 8,822 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Some of them don't have any other possibility but to shop on Saturdays. My husband works from home but he's still doing the shopping, making up for that time of course, because he's faster and doesn't get distracted by things that are not on the list. We decided together who's doing what and when.In all fairness, we've had home deliveries too. A lot. Time to support small producers too, we took it veeeery seriously.
Tried home deliveries with both Migros and Coop but was disappointed with the quality of the fresh food; fruit and vegetables showing mould within 3 or 4 days which is not funny when you have to wait two weeks for a delivery appointment.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #8757  
Old 02.05.2020, 18:19
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,315
Groaned at 389 Times in 337 Posts
Thanked 16,265 Times in 8,822 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
So after months of R&D, in the end, ole good drug tested against Ebola seems to be antidote ...

Coronavirus: US authorises use of anti-viral drug Remedsivir https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52511270
Seems politics has trumped science (deliberate pun), they are desperate to show some sort of progress so will approve any old crap. Not that I can credibly claim Remedsivir is crap but there are conflicting reports; I would not take it myself unless I was on the threshold of death's door.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #8758  
Old 02.05.2020, 18:23
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 8,419
Groaned at 109 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 6,015 Times in 3,383 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Seems politics has trumped science (deliberate pun), they are desperate to show some sort of progress so will approve any old crap. Not that I can credibly claim Remedsivir is crap but there are conflicting reports; I would not take it myself unless I was on the threshold of death's door.
“Democracy sausage” that might sell well for Mr Trump prior elections

During a meeting with US President Donald Trump in the Oval Office, Gilead Chief Executive Daniel O'Day said the FDA authorisation was an important first step

However, President Trump has been a vocal supporter of remdesivir as a potential treatment for the coronavirus.
Reply With Quote
  #8759  
Old 02.05.2020, 18:31
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 2,953
Groaned at 143 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,770 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Don’t shoot the messenger

************************************************** *****
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE FROM UK EMBASSY, BERNE,

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I hope this message finds you well despite the challenging circumstances we
are living through.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued
commitment, resilience and the hard work for the British Residents’
Association, an organisation which plays an important role in bringing
together some of the over 40,000 Brits living in Switzerland and
Liechtenstein. We are grateful for your engagement, especially in times like
these.

You may be interested in some background on what the UK is doing in response
to current pandemic. We are leading the way in tackling the spread of the
virus as one of the biggest donors to the international response. We have
already pledged £744 million of UK aid to help end this pandemic as quickly
as possible. That includes £250 million towards the Coalition for Epidemic
Preparedness Innovations to rapidly develop a coronavirus vaccine. At home
in the UK, it has been especially rewarding to see the overwhelming support
for our NHS and other essential workers. Over 750,000 volunteers have
registered to support the NHS in one of the biggest challenges it has ever
faced, and every Thursday our country shows its appreciation by clapping for
all the amazing people working tirelessly to keep us all safe and fed.

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office has been working hard to bring UK
nationals home from around the world, where they wished to return.
Switzerland has been an important partner through this crisis, not least in
helping our repatriation efforts. Switzerland’s ground breaking innovation
and life sciences sector is also playing a vital role in the UK’s response,
and the Embassy is working with Swiss companies to provide vital equipment,
medicines and testing kits to the UK.

As you know, Switzerland has started to loosen its measures against this
week, with further steps expected on 11 May and 8 June depending on how the
pandemic continues to unfold. Switzerland’s borders remain closed, and you
will be only allowed to enter if you are a Swiss national, have a Swiss
residence permit or a compelling reason to do so. The UK government
continues to advise against all but essential travel to all countries at the
moment. If you are planning to travel, make sure to check the latest travel
advice. We also recommend to consult the travel advice for Switzerland and
for the country you are travelling to. We recommend that UK nationals take
out comprehensive travel insurance if they do decide to travel.

More information on the situation here in Switzerland can be found on the
website of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health. We strongly encourage
you to follow all health and social distancing guidelines of the Swiss
authorities. If you have questions about the UK government's response to the
situation, please check out the following page. For general questions on
living here, please consult our Living in Switzerland guide.

While most of the Embassy has to work remotely at the moment, the Embassy is
still operating. If you need to visit the Embassy, access is currently by
appointment only. If you are a UK national in need of assistance, you can
call us +41 31 359 77 00 and choose the option for Consular Assistance.
Alternatively you can reach us via our consular contact form.

We at the British Embassy recognise that these are difficult times for all
of us and we stand here to support you. I wish you all the best in these
unprecedented times.

Best regards,
Bill Longhurst
Deputy Head of Mission and Consul-General
British Embassy Berne
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:
  #8760  
Old 02.05.2020, 18:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 2,953
Groaned at 143 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,770 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
So after months of R&D, in the end, ole good drug tested against Ebola seems to be antidote ...

Coronavirus: US authorises use of anti-viral drug Remdesivir https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52511270
No, not an antidote, or a treatment. It can reduce, slightly, the duration of the illness.

And no doubt make billions for a failed product.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank bowlie for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cold, corona, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, flu, health, medical, virus




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0