English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Family matters/health (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/)
-   -   Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland? (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/298527-there-any-medicine-subscription-services-switzerland.html)

BenderRules 08.06.2020 16:22

Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
I recently offered to help my elderly neighbour, whose mobility was/is restricted to run errands, during this lockdown situation.

One of the things she mentioned was picking her regular pills from the pharmacy.

Are there pharmacies in Switzerland which offer subscription services for your meds (not OTC, but the prescribed ones from Doc) and they deliver promptly when it is closer to your pillbox getting empty? Curious. :msnblush:

Medea Fleecestealer 08.06.2020 16:31

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
I use MediService for some of husband's medications. I've found them to be very fast in getting the order out, usually within a few hours of me sending the request it's packed and out to Swiss Post for delivery.

https://www.mediservice.ch/de/

bowlie 08.06.2020 17:20

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
Any experience on how they handle medicines that need to be kept cool, like Insulin?

BenderRules 08.06.2020 17:51

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
Thanks!

I later found the local pharmacy also had a 'hauslieferdienst' /home delivery option. But I guess, you referred specifically to the speed of getting the orders out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 3189090)
I've found them to be very fast in getting the order out, usually within a few hours of me sending the request it's packed and out to Swiss Post for delivery.

https://www.mediservice.ch/de/

However, I'm interested in service where one can order meds once but for e.g. 6 months & the pharmacy delivers once a month, for 6 months? Thanks in advance!

curley 08.06.2020 18:26

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
zur Rose

Medea Fleecestealer 08.06.2020 18:42

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3189108)
Any experience on how they handle medicines that need to be kept cool, like Insulin?

Not used them for that, but I would think they'd be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenderRules (Post 3189113)
Thanks!

I later found the local pharmacy also had a 'hauslieferdienst' /home delivery option. But I guess, you referred specifically to the speed of getting the orders out.



However, I'm interested in service where one can order meds once but for e.g. 6 months & the pharmacy delivers once a month, for 6 months? Thanks in advance!

MediService allows you to order in quantities from 1 to 5 packets of medicines. Husband has Aubagio which comes in a packet of 3 months supply and I usually order 2 at a time, but could do 5 if I wanted to I guess. Although atm they're limiting what they send out due to the virus situation.

catandmouse 09.06.2020 10:11

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
Most pharmacies will offer home delivery. Have the doctor make a prescription valid for 12 months (they aren't allowed to make them for longer). Get the prescription to the pharmacy and simply give them a call (or a mail) when you need new supplies.

Medea Fleecestealer 18.06.2020 22:07

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
BenderRules, I placed an order with MediService at 7.51am this morning. I got an e-mail back from them at 10.24am confirming the order and at 11.33am a notification from Swiss Post that the consignment would be handed over to them with expected delivery tomorrow.

BenderRules 20.06.2020 13:29

Re: Are there any medicine subscription services in Switzerland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 3192151)
BenderRules, I placed an order with MediService at 7.51am this morning. I got an e-mail back from them at 10.24am confirming the order and at 11.33am a notification from Swiss Post that the consignment would be handed over to them with expected delivery tomorrow.

That's really great service. Thanks Medea.

Anyone using Zur Rose service here? Seems like subscribe and forget which is super convenient.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0