Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25.08.2020, 18:29
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Vaud
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
talia has no particular reputation at present
type of doctor for hips in different places and curved back

Hi,


A while ago I got a massage and got told that my hips were in different places / not at the same height and I also always have had a back that wasn't straight. It has always been kind of curved.



I want to go get my back and hips checked out but I wasn't sure what type of doctor is I go to see here? Is it an osteopath or a physiotherapist or something else?



Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25.08.2020, 19:01
swisspea's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: From one side of lake Zurich t
Posts: 6,402
Groaned at 42 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 6,555 Times in 2,999 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: type of doctor for hips in different places and curved back

I would ask the general doctor. They can assess and then refer. You might need an x-ray to see what the problem is.



A long time ago I saw an osteopath, after seeing the general doctor and also an orthopedic surgeon - the osteopath still wanted to see the x-rays...



And I would not let a physio touch it unless it's already been seen by a doctor... also, I have an insurance model where the insurance will cover a certain number of physio appointments if it's referred by the general doctor "Hausartzt" so I always go that way...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25.08.2020, 19:43
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,499
Groaned at 2,578 Times in 1,840 Posts
Thanked 39,639 Times in 18,682 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: type of doctor for hips in different places and curved back

Quote:
View Post
I want to go get my back and hips checked out but I wasn't sure what type of doctor is I go to see here? Is it an osteopath or a physiotherapist or something else?
Osteopaths and physiotherapists are NOT doctors.

Try a real doctor.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 25.08.2020, 19:57
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: type of doctor for hips in different places and curved back

Curvature of the spine is something that ccmes to many people as they get older, and hip misalignment is likely a result of this. Of you're going and there are symptoms that are getting worse them just go to your GP and report them. They will easily be able to see if there are significant issues and send you off to see an orthopaedic surgeon, which is the simple answer to your question, of they seem it appropriate.

An Osteopath or physio may, if you're lucky, be able to alleviate pain somewhat, and may also be able to help suggest exercises to help manage it, but they won't be able to diagnose or address the underlying conditon, which is absolutely in the realm of properly qualified doctors.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 25.08.2020, 20:11
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Vaud
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
talia has no particular reputation at present
Re: type of doctor for hips in different places and curved back

Quote:
Curvature of the spine is something that ccmes to many people as they get older, and hip misalignment is likely a result of this. Of you're going and there are symptoms that are getting worse them just go to your GP and report them. They will easily be able to see if there are significant issues and send you off to see an orthopaedic surgeon, which is the simple answer to your question, of they seem it appropriate.

An Osteopath or physio may, if you're lucky, be able to alleviate pain somewhat, and may also be able to help suggest exercises to help manage it, but they won't be able to diagnose or address the underlying conditon, which is absolutely in the realm of properly qualified doctors.

Thanks, I didn't realise orthopaedic surgeon was an option. I have a drs appointment already for something else this week so I will talk about it then. Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25.08.2020, 20:19
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 11,313
Groaned at 399 Times in 325 Posts
Thanked 17,298 Times in 8,749 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: type of doctor for hips in different places and curved back

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, I didn't realise orthopaedic surgeon was an option. I have a drs appointment already for something else this week so I will talk about it then. Thanks very much!
By the sound of your original post you may want to make an appointment with a specialist in orthopedics and traumatology.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back doctor in Zurich area depeche Family matters/health 1 12.05.2020 15:59
Doctor in Geneva for Lower Back pain paragmundada Family matters/health 3 02.07.2017 12:10
Doctor for back pain in Zurich aa_248 Family matters/health 10 19.05.2015 18:24
EU Hits Back - Fewer Places for Swiss Restaurant Staff mirfield International affairs/politics 6 07.03.2014 20:49
tips for places to eat back home Papa Goose General off-topic 10 22.10.2008 18:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0