Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
View Poll Results: Moderna Vaccine side effects
Mild side effects. No time off work. 28 63.64%
Moderate side effects. Time off work - 1 to 2 days 14 31.82%
Serious side effects - more than 2 days off work 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #661  
Old 19.05.2021, 15:26
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,155
Groaned at 268 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 6,361 Times in 2,661 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Sweet Home Alabama?

Tom
Mississippi. But the entire Deep South looks pretty patchy. So they want to go the way of natural immunization. Smart given the poor health and poverty levels there.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #662  
Old 19.05.2021, 15:27
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,516
Groaned at 2,578 Times in 1,840 Posts
Thanked 39,652 Times in 18,690 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Im guessing our worst %s will be in Uri or Glarus. At least this side of the röstiditch
Seems to be ZH and FR, actually:

https://www.covid19.admin.ch/en/epid...gic/vacc-doses

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 19.05.2021, 15:35
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Seems to be ZH and FR, actually:

https://www.covid19.admin.ch/en/epid...gic/vacc-doses

Tom
As I'm sure you well know, you can't remotely tell from that yet. Only when we have vaxed pretty well all those that want to can we begin to see where the hold-outs are.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #664  
Old 19.05.2021, 15:38
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 4,269
Groaned at 72 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 5,973 Times in 2,814 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Im guessing our worst %s will be in Uri or Glarus. At least this side of the röstiditch
I've met anthroposophists in Neuchâtel. The mother ship is in Dornach/Aesch in Basel Landschaft. Counterintuitively, highly educated and affluent people.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #665  
Old 19.05.2021, 18:39
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,155
Groaned at 268 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 6,361 Times in 2,661 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

[As I stumbled across some older posts in the UK 15 million vaxxed thread]

For all the EU vaccine supply bashing and the recent optimism about the Swiss campaign (I am now a fan as well), the facts still don't make the EU look as bad as some suggested. I am certainly not a fan of the EU, but not a blind hater either.

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #666  
Old 19.05.2021, 20:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Seems to be ZH and FR, actually:

https://www.covid19.admin.ch/en/epid...gic/vacc-doses

Tom
Yup - but we are still supply limited not demand limited
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #667  
Old 19.05.2021, 20:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Mississippi. But the entire Deep South looks pretty patchy. So they want to go the way of natural immunization. Smart given the poor health and poverty levels there.
Also the fattest state https://stateofchildhoodobesity.org/adult-obesity/. 2nd lowest life expectancy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ife_expectancy
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 19.05.2021, 20:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
[As I stumbled across some older posts in the UK 15 million vaxxed thread]

For all the EU vaccine supply bashing and the recent optimism about the Swiss campaign (I am now a fan as well), the facts still don't make the EU look as bad as some suggested. I am certainly not a fan of the EU, but not a blind hater either.

I think we are a bit infront of the EU on 2nd doses though, do overall in a very similar position. Germany 11.9% vs Switzerland 14.5%.
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 19.05.2021, 20:41
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,155
Groaned at 268 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 6,361 Times in 2,661 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
I think we are a bit infront of the EU on 2nd doses though, do overall in a very similar position. Germany 11.9% vs Switzerland 14.5%.
Maybe. Doesn't matter, it's maybe a few points apart. Doesn't justify the EU bashing unless you say the same for Switzerland. And being up on 2nd doses still means you wasted time on getting first shots in people.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #670  
Old 19.05.2021, 21:14
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 6,492
Groaned at 114 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 7,245 Times in 3,304 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Anyone know the average age of people being called up now? Getting tired of waiting, especially now vaccinated people are starting to get privileges.
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 19.05.2021, 21:25
newtoswitz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rapperswil
Posts: 3,754
Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,076 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Anyone know the average age of people being called up now? Getting tired of waiting, especially now vaccinated people are starting to get privileges.
Probably depends on your canton - in SG age is now irrelevant, they're doing it in order of date of registration for vaccination.
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 19.05.2021, 23:14
Pachyderm's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,549
Groaned at 76 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,156 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Maybe. Doesn't matter, it's maybe a few points apart. Doesn't justify the EU bashing unless you say the same for Switzerland. And being up on 2nd doses still means you wasted time on getting first shots in people.
The "EU bashing" -- or perfectly fair criticism as I'd prefer to describe it -- was about the delay to starting the vaccine rollout caused by their sluggish and over-bureaucratic approach to vaccine development, vaccine approval, and vaccine distribution. The graph you posted vividly illustrates this. The trajectory of the EU rollout finally starts to steepen only a month or so ago. By this time all the most at-risk groups in the UK had been tackled. With vaccine production now having really ramped up, most developed countries are reaching the vaccine-on-demand stage.
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 19.05.2021, 23:32
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,155
Groaned at 268 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 6,361 Times in 2,661 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
The "EU bashing" -- or perfectly fair criticism as I'd prefer to describe it -- was about the delay to starting the vaccine rollout caused by their sluggish and over-bureaucratic approach to vaccine development, vaccine approval, and vaccine distribution. The graph you posted vividly illustrates this. The trajectory of the EU rollout finally starts to steepen only a month or so ago. By this time all the most at-risk groups in the UK had been tackled. With vaccine production now having really ramped up, most developed countries are reaching the vaccine-on-demand stage.
Agreed. My point was to counter the folks who argued the EU had screwed up badly while praising the heaps of vaccine Switzerland would be getting. I was just trying to measure this with an objective scale.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #674  
Old 19.05.2021, 23:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
The "EU bashing" -- or perfectly fair criticism as I'd prefer to describe it -- was about the delay to starting the vaccine rollout caused by their sluggish and over-bureaucratic approach to vaccine development, vaccine approval, and vaccine distribution. The graph you posted vividly illustrates this. The trajectory of the EU rollout finally starts to steepen only a month or so ago. By this time all the most at-risk groups in the UK had been tackled. With vaccine production now having really ramped up, most developed countries are reaching the vaccine-on-demand stage.
What's more important than speed is take up. It looks like the us could overtake the uk if it didn't have so many antivaxxers. The UK has been going slow for a while. I will be double vaccinated 2-3 months (!) quicker in Switzerland than I would have been in the UK.

Nevertheless the UK has had such high takeup when it finally gets around to doing everyone it should be in an extremely strong position.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #675  
Old 19.05.2021, 23:50
TinyK's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 1,375
Groaned at 65 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 1,500 Times in 753 Posts
TinyK has a reputation beyond reputeTinyK has a reputation beyond reputeTinyK has a reputation beyond reputeTinyK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
What's more important than speed is take up. It looks like the us could overtake the uk if it didn't have so many antivaxxers. The UK has been going slow for a while. I will be double vaccinated 2-3 months (!) quicker in Switzerland than I would have been in the UK.
And also with a better and safer vaccine.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at TinyK for this post:
  #676  
Old 20.05.2021, 07:09
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,516
Groaned at 2,578 Times in 1,840 Posts
Thanked 39,652 Times in 18,690 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
And also with a better and safer vaccine.
What better and safe vaccine?

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 20.05.2021, 17:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hausen am Albis, ZH
Posts: 360
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 581 Times in 228 Posts
Massa has a reputation beyond reputeMassa has a reputation beyond reputeMassa has a reputation beyond reputeMassa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Had my second Pfizer vaccination this arvo in Affoltern al Albis (ZH) and it was noticeable that the queues were pretty short compared to first visit. Majority of people seemed to be getting first vaccination judging by the paper certificates at the end. I’d say most folks were 55+ & I was in Group E though I got bumped up the list due to risk factors et al.

To reiterate what others have said they will stamp vaccination books on demand. Additionally the paperwork highlighting you’ve had both jabs is now in French, German & English. The addition of English is new since last time.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Massa for this useful post:
  #678  
Old 20.05.2021, 18:00
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,682
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,208 Times in 663 Posts
axman has a reputation beyond reputeaxman has a reputation beyond reputeaxman has a reputation beyond reputeaxman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

I've just spent 20 minutes clicking and clicking and managed to switch appointments to next week Monday/Tuesday (wife and me). Our appointments were originally for mid-June. We are both group N.

So for everyone who wants earlier appointments, just keep on clicking...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank axman for this useful post:
  #679  
Old 20.05.2021, 18:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,873
Groaned at 1,324 Times in 887 Posts
Thanked 20,743 Times in 7,951 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
I've just spent 20 minutes clicking and clicking and managed to switch appointments to next week Monday/Tuesday (wife and me). Our appointments were originally for mid-June. We are both group N.

So for everyone who wants earlier appointments, just keep on clicking...
More info, perhaps? Which center?
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 20.05.2021, 19:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When can we take covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
And also with a better and safer vaccine.
The UK is only using Pfizer and Moderna for the under 40s.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
covid, moderna, vaccine




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Covid Vaccine: Will you get it? janvier Family matters/health 1228 15.09.2021 23:43
Corona / covid vaccine for chronic conditon guys - who needs a medical letter? oatcakes Daily life 38 02.02.2021 00:23
Flu vaccine in Geneva mbdm Family matters/health 7 09.12.2016 14:12
Vaccine Question iulianaW Family matters/health 209 25.08.2016 18:49
rabies vaccine - how often? tsavenc Pet corner 10 12.04.2016 10:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0